Posted at 8:44 AM ET, 09/ 6/2006

Morning Mix: Suri Cruise Makes World Debut

By Liz Kelly

Headlines: Suri Cruise makes her world debut in Vanity Fair... Katie Couric shakes up evening news format; Rosie gives daytime talk a new "View"... Former butler's Diana tell-all to hit bookstores next week... Lindsay Lohan encourages her generation to be more "politically engaged"... Croc hunter Irwin's father says he's lost his best mate; Discovery denies it will air footage of death... Director/actor/jock Emilio Estevez engaged... Marie Osmond beware: Gwen Stefani designs line of dolls... Stephen Baldwin pens religious book... Former "Idol" contestant Tamyra Gray marries Color Me Badd's Sam Watters... "Lost's" Adewale Akinnuoye-Agbaje arrested on traffic charge (I wonder if that was before or after these dudes wandered on to the Hawaii set)... Former Jackson accuser sues dad... Study finds celebrities are more narcissistic than most... "Pirates" sequel nears $1 billion mark... "A-Team" movie delayed.

Rumor Mill: Orlando Bloom and Kate Bosworth split... Has John Mayer already dumped Jessica Simpson or were they never together?... Ashlee Simpson spotted smooching Fall Out Boy bassist... David Gest claims Liza had herpes... New ABC comedy may need to replace Mick Jagger... Passengers complain about impromptu Bonnie Tyler serenade aboard flight.

"I'm interested in man's march into the unknown but to vomit in space is not my idea of a good time. Neither is a fiery crash with the vomit hovering over me." -- William Shatner explains why he's refusing a free trip to space courtesy of Richard Branson.

P.S. Someone please stop Juliette Lewis.

By Liz Kelly  | September 6, 2006; 8:44 AM ET
Categories:  Daily Mix
Save & Share:  Send E-mail   Facebook   Twitter   Digg   Yahoo Buzz   Del.icio.us   StumbleUpon   Technorati   Google Buzz   Previous: Sizing Up Movie Musicals
Next: Celebritology 101: Why Ben Affleck Should Shuddup

Comments

OK, I admit it, I was one of the people who thought that there was no baby Suri and it was all some kind of elaborate hoax. I guess I'm going to have to find a new celebrity conspiracy now.

Posted by: Gossip Hound | September 6, 2006 10:36 AM | Report abuse

Now I see why no one ever got to see Suri - she is not an attractive child by any means!

Posted by: Anonymous | September 6, 2006 10:37 AM | Report abuse

My cousin had that much hair when she was born, but to me it seems dyed or a wig (do they have baby wigs?). It's too blue-black, like the way your hair is the day after you dye it. Also, the hair underneath the black patch looks much different: more wispy, less black, more baby-like.

Posted by: kate | September 6, 2006 10:48 AM | Report abuse

[But with that said, am I the only one who thinks that TomKitten has a riddiculous amount of hair on her head for a relatively new born baby?]

Not necessarily - some kids are born with a full head of hair, and this kid's nearly five months old already.

Reminds me of the first time I met my friend's newborn daughter, whose head was covered with hair at birth. "Where did she get all that hair from?" I asked her dad. "From me," said her follicly-challenged father, "and I want it back."

Posted by: Y'know...that guy... | September 6, 2006 10:53 AM | Report abuse

My kid was also born with a big thick head of black hair... which is now brown with golden highlights, so if Suri's hair suffers a dramatic change, I still won't be buying in to the conspiracy theory (or will I?).

Posted by: Bogota Dad | September 6, 2006 11:05 AM | Report abuse

OK. I stand corrected on the hair thing...but you have to admit, it still looks freakin' wierd!

Posted by: Gossip Hound | September 6, 2006 11:33 AM | Report abuse

I too am plagued by the baby wig/shag. Liz, please tell us your thoughts on this. Is it Suri incognito?

Posted by: Kathy B. | September 6, 2006 11:36 AM | Report abuse

Posted by: Kathy B. | September 6, 2006 11:41 AM | Report abuse

It is a curious amount of hair. Perhaps Kate and Tom invested in one of these fashionable baby wigs: www.babytoupee.com.

(I am in no way affiliated, Liz--just an admirer.)

Posted by: Baby Toupee? | September 6, 2006 12:06 PM | Report abuse

Liz,

What did you think of last night's show? Who's going to win??

Posted by: Rockstar fan | September 6, 2006 12:46 PM | Report abuse

I was born with a full head of hair so I didn't see anything unusual about the amount of hair she had. I just hope poor little Suri ends up looking more like her mother than her father.

Posted by: pnina | September 6, 2006 1:05 PM | Report abuse

looks like a bad toupee to me.

Posted by: b | September 6, 2006 1:22 PM | Report abuse

Rockstar fan, my money's on Toby all the way. You?

Posted by: Liz | September 6, 2006 1:32 PM | Report abuse

You people need to get a life and leave baby Suri alone. She is a beautiful baby with a nice head of hair. I think most of you are made because your children were bald when they were born!

Posted by: Shirl | September 6, 2006 3:37 PM | Report abuse

My son had a head full of black hair when he was born, so I'm quite sure that's Suri's own hair. Leave the kid alone - she's a cutie! How can people be so snarky about a baby?!

Posted by: Maryland Mommy | September 6, 2006 7:53 PM | Report abuse

Dear Shirl.

In response to your recent post:
"I think most of you are made"

Yes, by our mommies and daddies.

But some of us are made by Xenu in his image. I'm not mentioning any names here. But you know what I'm sayin, right homey?

Posted by: Bunkley | September 6, 2006 10:07 PM | Report abuse

i saw a few pics on the internet and had to comment....FIRST..about the hair....it has to be fake..look at the hair stickin out...fine baby hair(why would parents put a wig on their baby?...not like how she looked? also it is SO obvious)SECOND..it said the pics were from July(Suri @ 3 months)...that child looks alot older(and some of the pics dont look like the same child)LASTLY...you have to admit she looks a bit Asian...I just wonder after not showing her for so long (because Shiloh got more $$$?)...now they show her but most of us our saying "what the heck" is it a publicity thing? You have to wonder. I say without the wig she is a cute baby...whoever she is.
Oh as far as Rockstar goes...i agree...it's Toby all the way....OH OH OH OHHHHH

Posted by: terry | September 8, 2006 3:26 PM | Report abuse

I THINK THEY DID THIS TO GET ATTENTION...IF EVERYONE WOULD FORGET ABOUT TOM, KATIE AND SURI.....WHAT WOULD THEY DO THEN? MAKES YOU WONDER. JUST READ THAT TOM ADMITS TO USING A FAKE SURI.....I DONT GET IT..YOU THINK THEY WOULD BE PROUD TO SHOW OFF THEIR CHILD OR BE QUIET ALREADY

Posted by: TERRY | September 9, 2006 9:51 PM | Report abuse

THIS IS LINK ABOUT FAKE SURI.....NOT SURE HOW TRUE IT IS AT THIS TIME....

Posted by: TERRY | September 9, 2006 9:54 PM | Report abuse

I think it's just pure jealousy that your baby's didn't have as much hair as Suri's. She is just adorable. Shame she has to live in a country like America poor little thing she will be picked on all of her life with or without the beautiful hair.

Posted by: Lily | September 12, 2006 9:34 AM | Report abuse

suri IS NOT A FAKE.its so cruel ,all the crap thats goin around about her.hat if someone were to say all this stuff about your baby?yea,so she's just a beautiful baby.natural beauty.

Posted by: suri is SO cute! | September 15, 2006 10:57 PM | Report abuse

ok the baby in the photo is NOT fake(well i dont think it is) but it got a wig on...what is up with that? and the details just dont add up...all for publicity at the expense of a baby? Pitiful i say

Posted by: shywolf | September 16, 2006 3:34 PM | Report abuse