Posted at 4:03 PM ET, 10/ 4/2006

Countdown to 'Lost'

By Liz Kelly

For us East Coasters, it's t-minus five hours until the "Lost" season opener, not that I'm getting ridiculously over-excited or anything. I take comfort in the fact that I am not alone.

We'll pick apart the episode in the morning, but if by some chance you can't watch or record tonight's premiere, ABC will make it available here tomorrow.

While we wait, let's talk about our favorite character and speculate about his/her fate in episode one.

I've got two -- Sawyer and Eko -- and both left off season two in pretty tight jams. I'm expecting we'll find out how Eko fared after the hatch blast and we'll get lots of lip, but no really forward motion in the story, from Sawyer.

By Liz Kelly  | October 4, 2006; 4:03 PM ET
Categories:  Lost
Save & Share:  Send E-mail   Facebook   Twitter   Digg   Yahoo Buzz   Del.icio.us   StumbleUpon   Technorati   Google Buzz   Previous: Rethinking Ashlee (I'm Sure It'll Pass)
Next: TomKat Moving to Virginia?

Comments

I have so many favorites on the show that it would be quicker to say who is NOT a favorite, but two of my BESTEST favorites are Jin and Sun (they are both so pretty!). I'm really curious about what will happen to them--last we saw them they were just offshore of "Othersport" in Desmond's sailboat, having deposited Sayid (another favorite, OBVI) for his infiltration mission....

Were they affected by the pulse?

Will they cross paths with Michael and Walt as they flee in the Others' boat (which Jin may recognize from the raft encounter in the Season 2 finale)?

SO MANY QUESTIONS. Episode 2 is supposed to be Jin/Sun-centric, and I really can't wait for that one!

Posted by: Sun fan (Jin too) | October 4, 2006 3:16 PM | Report abuse

I'm just waiting for someone to knock off That Idiot Charlie. I don't care who does it--an Other, one of the Lost tribe, or someone else--that person will be my hero for the rest of the show.

Posted by: Steve | October 4, 2006 3:17 PM | Report abuse

Oops--I meant, raft encounter in the Season 1 finale. Must learn to take advantage of "preview."

Posted by: Sun fan (Jin too) | October 4, 2006 3:18 PM | Report abuse

sawyer's fate? isn't sawyer's fate the same as jack and kate's? so shouldn't the question be echo and the three amigos' fate? did i miss an episode here?

characters that have the jusiest past are jack, kate, and that english dude.

michael and walt...i really really hope that was the last time we saw them. i hope they find their way home and happily live ever after. can't stand michael on the screen. and charlie for that matter. get rid of them both!

heck hurly's more interesting on the screen than those two.

but you're absolutely right we're not going to find out anything as good as the last year's first episode.

thanks for reminding i didn't know it was on tonight

Posted by: dealer | October 4, 2006 3:35 PM | Report abuse

"It must be hot out there on the water in the mid-day sun, will they partially disrobe?"

What kind of stupid comment is that? Why don't you watch the Playboy channel? Or maybe Logo is more of your taste.

Posted by: Deke | October 4, 2006 3:40 PM | Report abuse

I'll bet we only see Jack, Kate, Sawyer, and the Others tonight, so we won't know what happened to Locke, Eko, and Desmond for a week or two. But I'm looking forward to Hurley's explanation about what happened when he gets back to camp, as well as his reaction to not being wanted by the Others.

T-four hours... YAY!!!

Posted by: Denise | October 4, 2006 4:06 PM | Report abuse

Deke--It was a lighthearted JOKE. Who confiscated your sense of humor? Was it the same guy who injected you with the homophobia bug? Gosh!

T-minus 3 hours....

Posted by: Sun fan (Jin too) | October 4, 2006 5:01 PM | Report abuse

T-minus three hours and I'm about to explode with anticipation. Here's the forecast: Sun & Jin will run into Michael & Walt and attempt to talk them out of fleeing. They'll fail in this, but will use the new info about Jack, Kate and Sawyer to rendezvous with Sayid and attempt a rescue. Michael & Walt won't like what they find at heading 325 and will eventually be back on the island like before. Meanwhile, Desmond will survive the blast with a new (religious) appreciation for the mysteries of island. He and Eko (and a
"reborn" Locke) will be at the forefront of the zealous search for more Dharma Initiative chambers. None of this really matters, however, since this season will expose a completely new & unexpected fate for our fearless crew. The arctic (or Antarctic) research station and the Hanso Foundation will be integral in this.

As for my favorite, it's Sawyer. How could anyone not like him the best.

Posted by: Scott | October 4, 2006 5:12 PM | Report abuse

I just can't wait to see how much weight Hurley has gained over the summer! Sorry Liz, I know we're not supposed to pick on body types, but he's actually GAINING weight on the island. I love it.

Posted by: KG | October 4, 2006 6:54 PM | Report abuse