Posted at 8:44 AM ET, 10/13/2006

Morning Mix: Madonna Gains Custody of Malawi Boy

By Liz Kelly

Headlines: Madonna gains custody of one-year-old Malawi boy... Jennifer Aniston denies rumors of Vaughn split, implants... Part 1 of Mel Gibson interview doesn't press hard enough (will today's second half?), Gibson admits he drank after arrest; warrant issued for deputy in case... Strep throat forces Usher to pull out of "Chicago"... Supermodel Linda Evangelista gives birth to baby boy... Country singer Sara Evans quits "Dancing With the Stars," files for divorce... John Forsythe ("Dynasty," "Charlie's Angels") treated for colon cancer... Hilary Duff seeks restraining order against alleged stalkers... Christopher Guest pimps VW as Nigel Tufnel.

Rumor Mill: Natalie Portman dating British billionaire?... Boy George says his Culture Club replacement can't sing... Is Suzanne Somers's new book a "danger to women"?

P.S. Big Ups to Sacha Baron Cohen (Ali G, Borat, Bruno) who celebrates his 35th birthday today. Booyakasha!

P.P.S. Did anyone catch K-Fed's acting debut on "CSI" last night? If so, leave your review in the comments section.

Update, 2:33 p.m. ET: Thanks to reader Jen for alerting us to K-Fed "CSI" video from YouTube:

By Liz Kelly  | October 13, 2006; 8:44 AM ET
Categories:  Daily Mix
Save & Share:  Send E-mail   Facebook   Twitter   Digg   Yahoo Buzz   Del.icio.us   StumbleUpon   Technorati   Google Buzz   Previous: 'Lost': Episode 2 Dueling Analyses
Next: Madonna Not Doing Adoption Process Any Favors

Comments

on the subject of k-fed, we can't call his performance "acting" by any means.

Posted by: myt! | October 13, 2006 9:10 AM | Report abuse

We got exactly what we expected from the K-Fed CSI episode. He sucked! That "white-boy thug" fad died with Markie Mark and the Funky Bunch. K-Fed, stop trying so hard to be from Compton and just enjoy Beverly Hills!

Posted by: ShoeLover | October 13, 2006 9:18 AM | Report abuse

Hahahahaha. K-Fed. What an embarassing "performance." He actually only had about 3.5 lines, two of which were:
"You're weak. Weak weak weak weak weak!"
"This little piggy went wee wee wee all the way home. [Snorts like a pig]."
Wow. The character that he played was some creepy gang leader called "Pig" who rounds up kids to beat people to death. I know it's just a role, but it doesn't exactly help his reputation. The fact that he would even accept such a role with ridiculously lame dialogue just adds to my disrespect for him.
...But it was funny!

Posted by: Violet | October 13, 2006 9:24 AM | Report abuse

Actually, K-Fed demonstrated an amazing range of....nothing. As Dorothy Parker once said about Katharine Hepburn, he ran the gamut of emotions from A to B.

Hell, I cheered when he got punched by Nick Stokes.

Britney must be so proud.

Posted by: Corinne | October 13, 2006 9:31 AM | Report abuse

Yes, but he looked the part and conveyed a chilling presence on screen. He was really creepy. I don't know if he was acting, but I hope so.

Posted by: Sue | October 13, 2006 9:41 AM | Report abuse

If, this is the best that he can act then K-Fed should stay at home with the kids and let Britney get back to work.

Posted by: Ter | October 13, 2006 9:43 AM | Report abuse

I avoided it because he was going to be on it.

Posted by: Stick | October 13, 2006 10:03 AM | Report abuse

It was kind of nice to see an actor worse than Jorja Fox for a change.

Posted by: byoolin | October 13, 2006 10:24 AM | Report abuse

It must have been cheap for CSI, they didn't even have to pay for wardrobe. He wore the same gross jeans (pants or shorts, I'm not sure), wife beater, and hat.

Posted by: BB | October 13, 2006 10:36 AM | Report abuse

Best thing I can say is at least he didn't "rap".

Posted by: Simone | October 13, 2006 10:47 AM | Report abuse

I don't remember Jenifer Aniston actually confirming she and VV were together. Of course, it's very possible I missed that, but I just thought they were "good friends."

Posted by: NY, NY | October 13, 2006 11:17 AM | Report abuse

There's video of K-fed on youtube. Search words "Kevin Federline CSI."

Posted by: Jen | October 13, 2006 1:01 PM | Report abuse

I was surprised to see Federline's name in the opening credits this week. I actually thought he was one of the skinny unatttractive rapper's from last week's episode. He seemed credible as an ignorant brutish criminal.

Posted by: paraquat | October 13, 2006 1:19 PM | Report abuse

Thanks for the YouTube link, Jen. After reviewing, I can now say that after Popozao and now this, I can firmly and justifiably say that K-Fed has no talent except for apparently being overly fertile- which makes me question natural selection in so many ways.

Posted by: Mason Patriot | October 13, 2006 1:36 PM | Report abuse

K-Fed -- the punch was worth sitting through the mumbling. How much did I already love Stokes?
Madonna -- Can't she do something original? Angelina is the Queen of 3rd World Babies, Madonna should concentrate on something bigger, like adopting a whole village! Bring 'em all up to England, house them on her posh estate, give them fake accents and cone bras, etc.

Big Ups to Ali G!

Posted by: miss belle | October 13, 2006 1:44 PM | Report abuse

fyi they've already taken the youtube video down...copyright infringement

Posted by: e | October 13, 2006 3:48 PM | Report abuse

Glad they took that down. Wouldn't want people to get interested by watching a few minutes on youtube. I swear these guys listen to lawyers too much these days.

As to Kevin Federline, how much you want to bet he got the crap beat out of him all the time in school?

...no doubt for being an ugly, untalented white boy, too. Was Brittany that desperate for children that she agreed to get married to that thing? She must have self-esteem about as low as it gets. It's the equivalent of marrying a dog, but without the loyalty a dog would bring.

Posted by: Bunkley | October 14, 2006 1:36 AM | Report abuse

oh...another thing...

If you are a billionaire, don't you think that gets you someone better than Natalie Portman. I mean, she's cute and all, but she's a "B" list celeb at best.

To me, being a billionaire lets you look at the SI Swimsuit Issue as a catalog for ordering.

Posted by: Bunkley | October 14, 2006 8:48 AM | Report abuse