Posted at 10:45 AM ET, 11/22/2006

Giving Thanks for Paris Hilton, Jimi Hendrix and Richard Simmons

By Liz Kelly

Tomorrow is Thanksgiving and although I'll be spending most of the morning trying to produce a reasonable facsimile of Kim O'Donnel's tofu pumpkin pie (Kim also has some fab-looking lard-inclusive recipes), I'll try to remember to pause and be thankful for the good things in life:

- Waking up to stories like Paris Hilton Parties Till She Pukes and heart-warming pictures, like this of Bai Ling, nemesis to stylists everywhere. Truly, I am the luckiest girl in the world.

- The knowledge that icons are able to endorse products from the grave. For instance, Jimi Hendrix, whose name is being used to sell Hendrix Electric Vodka, a 100 percent grain vodka. Visit his official Web site for promo photos of bikini-clad blondes and recipes, like the Foxy Lady or the Purple haze. It's just so rock and roll, right?

- Richard Simmons on Circus of the Stars XVII, circa 1992:

- Artist 14, who I profiled earlier this year, who puts this crazy mixed up world of celebrity-watching into the proper perspective. Her latest work is a fabulous tribute to the TomKat wedding (check out Tom's shoes).

Happy Thanksgiving, everyone. See you back here Monday with the first installment of the Celebritology Holiday Guide.

By Liz Kelly  | November 22, 2006; 10:45 AM ET
Categories:  Miscellaneous
Save & Share:  Send E-mail   Facebook   Twitter   Digg   Yahoo Buzz   Del.icio.us   StumbleUpon   Technorati   Google Buzz   Previous: Morning Mix: Rosie Calls Kelly Ripa Homophobic
Next: Morning Mix: Lindsay Lohan Says Paris Hit Her

Comments

And a happy Thanksgiving to you, Liz. We are all thankful for our daily dose (or multiple daily doses) of superficiality. It's what makes life worth living, or at least enjoyable. Yes, all these celebrity disasters are one more thing that has NOT hit any of the rest of us. Or (if it has!) hasn't been spread all over the web. However bad I get, however destroyed my life gets, I can take comfort in the fact that (unlike Paris) I neither did it on stage nor on film, and that (unlike Bai Ling, whoever she is) it's not out there on the net. Schadenfreude, baby. Everybody needs a little.

Posted by: Bog | November 22, 2006 1:51 PM | Report abuse

Paris wasn't drunk! She was just, like, really, really tired and hungry. She only had one teensy Margarita!
Liz, and fellow fans, do you know where to find that hilarious fake Martha Stewart holiday "to-do" list. It has things on it like, "spray paint turkey carcass silver to use as xmas card holder" etc.
Happy Thanksgiving! Extra lard on everything!

Posted by: Barb | November 22, 2006 2:33 PM | Report abuse

Google, Barb, Google.

Posted by: byoolin | November 22, 2006 3:42 PM | Report abuse

Oh thank you!
I am going to print that and put on my fridge to keep my spirits up this holiday season!

Posted by: Barb | November 22, 2006 4:03 PM | Report abuse

Normally, anything goes for me, particularly when it comes to liquor, and especially when it comes to vodka. And, and y'all know I lurve the rock music.
HOWevah, Hendrix vodka? Doesn't it sorta seem wrong to have booze named after someone who partied himself to death? I know he didn't die from vodka overdose, but still...

Posted by: miss belle | November 22, 2006 4:19 PM | Report abuse

Paris was just showing the audience what her singing actually physically looks like.

Posted by: Tossed Cookie | November 22, 2006 5:55 PM | Report abuse

How old is that picture of Bai Ling? Wasn't that from her last Sundance appearance?

People *expect* bizarre behavior from Bai Ling. I wouldn't be surprised if she's used as textbook example in Psych 101 or Intro to Abnormal Psych. Unfortunately, Paris thinks she's the real deal.

Posted by: Ken | November 22, 2006 10:00 PM | Report abuse

In that photo, Bai Ling just looks like an average girl from Harajuku, Tokyo. In fact, the platform shoes are really "out" now. Last fall it was cut-off jeans, knee-high socks and cowboy boots.

Posted by: Barb | November 23, 2006 7:35 AM | Report abuse

Hendrix Electric Vodka ROCKS! It's been making the rounds in Hollywood celeb pour parties and it's everywhere in Vegas. I've been drinking it ever since.

I met the owners and they are definitly down w/ Jimi's cause and Leon Hendrix, Buddy Miles and other family members are owners of the brand. It was nice to hear that a portion of the proceeds goes to the Jimi Hendrix Foundation which helps kids in the Seattle area. People need to know the story behind the vodka, it's a worthy cause.

Posted by: purple69 | November 26, 2006 3:14 PM | Report abuse