Posted at 8:44 AM ET, 11/ 1/2006

Morning Mix: Madonna Calls Adoption Uproar Racist

By Liz Kelly

Headlines: Madonna says she offered to leave child with father, give support; calls uproar over adoption racist; was child already promised to another family?... Aid group head denies Angelina Jolie's allegations of misappropriated funds... Anna Nicole Smith treated for pneumonia; Larry Birkhead accuses Smith of dyeing infant's hair... Concertgoer throws drink at Barbra Streisand... Sandra Bullock honored for "undercover activism"... Courtney Love says she dropped acid at age four... Alec Baldwin wants off documentary about Governator... Bob Barker retiring after 35 years of "The Price is Right"... Rolling Stones cancel more shows... Eddie Izzard quits "24" after 24 hours.

Rumor Mill: Page Six says Ryan Phillippe's wandering eye ended marriage to Witherspoon... Prince to take up residence, launch regular show at Vegas hotel... Clint Eastwood slams Paris Hilton... Ivanka Trump dating Topher Grace?... Friends worried about Ivana's boozing... Matthew Perry dating "The Class's" Lizzy Caplan?... Jermaine Dupri obsessed with shoes and handbags... Star magazine claims Angelina Jolie pregnant again.

P.S. The must-give gift of the holiday season?

By Liz Kelly  | November 1, 2006; 8:44 AM ET
Categories:  Daily Mix
Save & Share:  Send E-mail   Facebook   Twitter   Digg   Yahoo Buzz   Del.icio.us   StumbleUpon   Technorati   Google Buzz   Previous: The Horror, the Horror: Before They Were Stars
Next: K-Fed, for the True Connoisseur

Comments

Nothing adds credibility to the left than posting wild internet conspiracies and political dribble on a hollywood/celebrity news blog.

Thanks to people like Che, we just might see the Republicans hold onto the House and Senate.

Posted by: BF | November 1, 2006 9:59 AM | Report abuse

RE: Madonna's adoption. I wish people would stop using the term 'racist' until they're absolutely sure that it is unequivocably apparent to be so. I am non-white and I have experienced a lot of racial discrimination but I still consider throwing the word 'racist' around indiscriminately hurts and trivializes the real racial problems/issues which we all need to solve. I believe people are actually downright mean about Madonna's adoption but this meanness may really stem from other stuff other than racism. Madonna has a lot of sympathizers like me (who is not necessarily a Madonna fan but applaud her desire to improve the lot of a poor abandoned child), she should just keep cool and exercize some 'grace' amidst all the to-do. It will all fade with the next news cycle.

Posted by: Eleanor Fernandez | November 1, 2006 10:17 AM | Report abuse

If Che is representative of the Democrat Party thought processes I think I will change my votes to an entire Republican Party slate. Rampant paranoia in government office is something to be avoided at all costs.

If this last post of Che's does not violate the posting standards then nothing ever will.

Posted by: More of the Same | November 1, 2006 11:12 AM | Report abuse

Che is merely giving voice to what we all feel, namely, that Madonna's "adoption" of young David Banda is a clearly a shameless attempt to divert the celebrity spotlight away from K-Fed and Brangelina and return it to himself, and rightly so. After all, we live in a world in which people think that paying $900 a ticket means they can throw drinks at Barbra Streisand while ignoring what is clearly a link between the fact that Topher is dating Ivanka and Ivana is drinking again. It's all clear to me now.
I think the Hallowe'en sugar is kicking in.

Posted by: byoolin | November 1, 2006 11:48 AM | Report abuse

I think Che was just expressing his disgust after reading the double-entendre'd "Clint Eastwood slams Paris Hilton"....

I highly doubt Topher is dating Ivanka. If you know what I mean. And I think you do.

And not to give any more attention to the problem, but if someone seriously changes their vote just because of what one idiot posts on the interwebs and not because of, oh, I don't know, doing research on candidates and forming opinions on issues, then said person should not be allowed to vote.

Posted by: ewwwwww | November 1, 2006 2:00 PM | Report abuse

I have had my doubts about the whole 'Madge adopts' from whisper one. NOT because of the child himself, but because she seemed to be throwing money at this, and due to her money and celebrity was allowed to subvert a nation's adoption laws. Race has NOTHING to do with it. I still object to it because everyday people who would make fabulous parents are not allowed to adopt without miles of red tape, interviews, home studies, and money we don't have.
An equal adoption process doesn't seem like too much to ask to see children go to safe, loving homes.

Posted by: dahozho | November 1, 2006 3:04 PM | Report abuse

Ah, Ewwwwwww, you beat me to the Topher and Ivanka thing. I love me some Ivanka, remember her on Project Runway?! Such a doll, she's too good to be pulled into the Topher/Vince/Travolta/Gyllenhaal world.
Madonna. Madonna. Madonna.
Is Prince old enough to have a Vegas show? While I'm looking forward to seeing it (dancing girls and boys; disappearing tigers; midget acrobats; a finale featuring Vanity, Appolonia, Diamond, Pearl, Carmen Electra, Sheila E, Wendy AND Lisa), I can't help but think that it's too early. Give me 10 more years and I'll be ready.
I'm so tired of Anna Nicole's baby. I think Birkhead (am I the only one laffing at his name?) should just kidnap it, if he wants it so bad.

Posted by: miss belle | November 1, 2006 4:16 PM | Report abuse