Posted at 7:58 AM ET, 12/15/2006

Morning Mix: Brangelina Plan to Adopt Again

By Liz Kelly

Headlines: Angelina Jolie says she and Pitt plan to adopt again... Martha Stewart opens up to Howard Stern... British journalist angers Madonna with adoption jokes; Courtney Love wants to end long-running feud with Madge... Group not satisfied with Rosie O'Donnell's apology... Star Jones Reynolds briefly surfaces on radio show... Pamela Anderson says Kid Rock lied about partying... Tom Brady and Bridget Moynahan split... Pageant officials evaluating current Miss USA's behavior... Atlantic Records founder Ahmet Ertegun dies... "Babel" grabs seven Golden Globe nominations... Previously banned Snoop Dogg to return to Britain... Public Enemy end Arizona boycott... "Xanadu" headed to Broadway.

Rumor Mill: Oddsmakers say Britney Spears will be next starlet charged with DUI; fan tries to jump in Spears's car... Kato Kaelin on O.J. Simpson: "What do you mean if?"... Rebecca Romijn and Jerry O'Connell set wedding date... Shanna Moakler dating "Dancing With the Stars" partner Jesse DeSoto... Uma Thurman rescued from stuck elevator.

By Liz Kelly  | December 15, 2006; 7:58 AM ET
Categories:  Daily Mix
Save & Share:  Send E-mail   Facebook   Twitter   Digg   Yahoo Buzz   Del.icio.us   StumbleUpon   Technorati   Google Buzz   Previous: Biggest Celebrity Stories of 2006?
Next: Friday List: Sad Songs

Comments

So Rosie O'Donnell can make racist comments on national television, plead ignorance, and expect everything to be OK?

I guess I can agree with the ignorance comment when it applies to Rosie O'Donnell.

Sen. Allen from VA should have been so lucky. The press crucified him for making a comment about somebody stalking him during his campaign. He used a word that he thought he made up that actually was offensive overseas in one of those countries that don't really like us anyway.

The press - and this column - tore him up over it. Maybe if he been a liberal Democrap instead of a Republican he could have received a break, but nooooo.

Why aren't you screaming for Rosie O. to be fired? Maybe a little lenience for a fellow liberal is clouding your judgment and taking away the objectivity of the press that we readers deserve.

Posted by: Anonymous | December 15, 2006 9:30 AM | Report abuse

Michelle Malkin makes ignorant comments daily and hides behind her minority status, yet she still insists on being called a "journalist". Apparently fact-checking and professionalism are no longer required for the title (maybe never were?)

Rosie O'Donnell isn't a politican or a journalist. We tolerate Lindsey, Paris, Britney and don't expect any pearls of wisdom to fall from their glittered lips. No one expects wisdom from Rosie either. Maybe if it were Oprah that did it?

Posted by: Bob | December 15, 2006 9:42 AM | Report abuse

Whoa, dude, take a pill.

As much as I think Rosie's a tool, the bigger question is: Will Jay-Z ever give up on his Cristal boycott?

Posted by: not bluto | December 15, 2006 9:44 AM | Report abuse

So Miss USA is displaying behavior similar to Lohan's but yet her crown might get removed? Yes, she's a role model but isn't Lohan with all her Disney movies?? How are these girls getting into bars?? They aren't of legal drinking age! I'm starting to wonder if bouncers in NY and LA don't know how to read.

Posted by: Sharon | December 15, 2006 10:06 AM | Report abuse

After reading about Rosie, sounds like more hep "Get over it!" woman-empowering(?) BS. You don't have to be a hard-a#$ to be funny. I don't see why she doesn't admit she made a mistake and apologize. Of course she didn't mean to be offensive, so why can't she say so? Unless she doesn't care. After all, those Chinese people don't really have feelings, and if they do, they're over-sensitive...get over it!! I'd like to see Rosie "get over" a gay-bashing joke.

Posted by: Barb | December 15, 2006 10:11 AM | Report abuse

On one hand I don't need to know that Jolie is on the pill...on the other hand, with baby boom going on in Hollywood I was afraid they'd forgotten about it.

Posted by: BB | December 15, 2006 10:16 AM | Report abuse

given the way rosie reacted to kelly ripa's "honey i don't know where that's been" comment, you'd think she'd be a little more attuned to engaging her brain before her mouth.

i forget, why is she famous in the first place?

Posted by: b | December 15, 2006 10:21 AM | Report abuse

Courtney is ending the feud with Madge. What's the definition of a feud? Don't both parties have to at least acknowledge that the other exists. I don't think Madge even knew they were feuding cause she really didn't care.

Rosie, I've read her ....ummmm, I guess it's called an apology, which is laughable. She didn't say she was sorry and I don't think she is sorry because she doesn't seem to care that it was wrong. I think she should get fed to the wolves on this one.

Posted by: caroldc | December 15, 2006 10:23 AM | Report abuse

"You know, now the questions are more when you have a mixed-race family, do you balance the races so there's another African person in the house for Z? So there's another Asian person in the house for Mad? Shiloh has Brad and I she can look at."

What an odd comment. Not what I would expect from someone who is reportedly such a color-blind saint of the orphans. So kids need to look at faces exactly like theirs in order to adjust? How counterintuitive to the concept of a real international family built on love...I used to think Angelina was fascinating and generous, but I'm starting to think she's a publicity-hungry weirdo.

Posted by: Feh | December 15, 2006 10:51 AM | Report abuse

I don't think it's an odd comment at all. While Ms. Jolie does seen to want a "real international family built on love," she probably understands that M and Z may be treated differently because they are not white. Furthermore, they would be treated in a way particular to how people perceive those from their racial backgrounds. Thus, it may be beneficial for M and Z to have someone they can relate to on such issues.

Posted by: Q | December 15, 2006 11:44 AM | Report abuse

"On one hand I don't need to know that Jolie is on the pill..." True this is more information than I needed to know but it also makes me wonder why she WASN'T on the pill when she got pregnant last year right around the time Pitt all of a sudden decided to adopt her other two children...?

Posted by: Michele | December 15, 2006 12:53 PM | Report abuse

I think it's healthier for people to be able to relate to people as other members of the human race regardless of race ... so Angelina's ever-expanding brood doesn't need another child of the same race as one of the ones who's already there in order to be able to function. Plus I don't really get her logic ... there are plenty of Vietnamese and African kids, many of them refugees, in this country (but of course, they move around so much and spend only a few days in every country in the world, so how would the kids ever even have a chance to make friends). I think weirdo-Angelina just wants more and more and more children so she doesn't have to resolve her own mental problems, and she's trying to justify it by shifting the limelight to "what's best for the kids". Just stop already and focus on the family you have, girl, and stay in one place long enough for the kids to make some friends of their own race or different races or whatever.

Posted by: P.J. | December 15, 2006 12:58 PM | Report abuse

Why don't Angie and Brad just get married? Then she won't need the Pill anymore.

Posted by: Barb | December 15, 2006 1:01 PM | Report abuse

Feh wrote:
"...but I'm starting to think she's a publicity-hungry weirdo. "

Of course, aren't most celebs? Isn't that what sorta makes them celebs?

I think we should stick to calling some of these folks what they really are, "celebutards."

Posted by: Bored @ work | December 15, 2006 1:08 PM | Report abuse

Huh????
you don't need the pill once you're married? is a wedding ring some sort of birth control I'm not familiar with?

Posted by: KD | December 15, 2006 1:10 PM | Report abuse

The story of the century people. Xanadu is coming to broadway! What the heck was the movie about, tell me it was about more than roller skating.

As much as this pains me I since I'm against the adoption, I gotta give it to Madonna. Where the heck does that guy get off?

not bluto: Wait Jay Z still has that boycott going dang it, now what am I supposed to drink on Christmas and New Years?

Posted by: petal | December 15, 2006 3:57 PM | Report abuse

The Xanadu musical is the best news I've heard in a long time. I knew there was one more reason I'm moving back to NYC...

COfXT's response to Kato Kaelin "And we would care IF you were somehow in any way relevant"

Posted by: Camping Out for Xanadu Tickets | December 15, 2006 5:46 PM | Report abuse