Posted at 7:58 AM ET, 12/18/2006

Morning Mix: Britney Named 'World's Worst Dog Owner'

By Liz Kelly

Headlines: Britney Spears named "World's Worst Dog Owner"; tops viral videos of 2006... Police investigate Heather Mills death threats... Beyonce discusses depression after Destiny's Child split... Anna Nicole Smith returns to U.S. to fight for late husband's money... Michael Jackson postpones Tokyo Christmas event... Izzy Stradlin takes the stage at L.A. Guns N' Roses show; Axl Rose says new album set for March 6 release... Rupert Everett quits reality show after one day... Former Phish frontman Trey Anastasio charged with drugged driving... Judge drops charges against pet lover Natasha Lyonne... Judith Regan, publisher behind O.J. Simpson, book fired... Celebrity blogger Perez Hilton sued for $7.6 million.

Rumor Mill: Stripping hard on Lindsay Lohan... Mel Gibson "bored" of criticism over drunken rant; Australian woman claims she's Gibson's secret daughter... Matt Damon says first daughters should serve in Iraq... Pam Anderson: "I would have married anyone in St. Tropez"... Bo Derek's brother killed in motorcycle accident... Madonna bans hunting on U.K. estate... Soccer star David Beckham insures his body for £100 million... Victoria Beckham to star in Tom Cruise Scientology movie?

By Liz Kelly  | December 18, 2006; 7:58 AM ET
Categories:  Daily Mix
Save & Share:  Send E-mail   Facebook   Twitter   Digg   Yahoo Buzz   Del.icio.us   StumbleUpon   Technorati   Google Buzz   Previous: Friday List: Sad Songs
Next: Comment Box: The Hoff -- Haute or Not?

Comments

Liz,

I hate to do this, but the expression is "bored WITH" not "bored OF". Mel Gibson is BORED WITH. I cannot tell you how nuts it makes me when this error becomes more and more tolerated.....

Posted by: Jo | December 18, 2006 9:41 AM | Report abuse

I like that Jose Canseco has a book titled Juiced, haha! What would Britney's book be titled?

Posted by: not bluto | December 18, 2006 9:46 AM | Report abuse

If Britney is the world's worst dog owner, one suspects it's only because she spends so much time attending to Mr. Bigglesworth.

Posted by: byoolin | December 18, 2006 10:57 AM | Report abuse

Jo, I feel for you! But "bored of" is not near as appalling as the Washington Post article titled "I Was Conceived By a Sperm Doner!"

Posted by: Too Funny | December 18, 2006 11:10 AM | Report abuse

Matt Damon and all the "eligible" actors/actresses should go fight, too. They might accomplish more over in Iraq then in Hollywood. And if he's picking on the Bush twins, what about Chelsea? How quickly some forget.

Posted by: WDC | December 18, 2006 11:22 AM | Report abuse

Damn, Brit is having one heck of an end to 2006.

How will they get Victoria Beckham to show a range of emotions if she stars in the scientology movie?

Posted by: petal | December 18, 2006 11:29 AM | Report abuse

Which Destiny Child Split Caused Beyonce's depression? There were so many line-up changes...

Posted by: BB | December 18, 2006 11:30 AM | Report abuse

[And if he's picking on the Bush twins, what about Chelsea? ]
Chelsea's Daddy didn't lie us into a War...haven't found any WMDs yet..so she gets a pass.

As for Beyonce, the bandmates didn't leave, they were fired because they were tired of Beyonce's daddy-manager and wanted someone to manage the group who had all of the band member's best interests at heart. Did you know that he and Beyonce's Mom (their wardrobe manager)made the other girls go to tanning salons so that Beyonce would be the lightest girl in the group. Also Kelly and Michelle aren't really named Kelly and Michelle, but the only 'exotic'name allowed in Destiny's Child was Beyonce. I'm glad Jennifer Hudson is getting all of the good press for Dreamgirls.

Posted by: celebaholic | December 18, 2006 12:32 PM | Report abuse

Axl has been promising this album for literally over a decade. I say we take a vote to see who tells him that nobody cares anymore. You're allowed to e-mail or telegram, because the dude has a wicked temper.

Posted by: guns and who? | December 18, 2006 12:36 PM | Report abuse

Damon's comments don't make any sense. I may have to watch Hardball to see if I can figure them out as he says them.

Posted by: Huh? | December 18, 2006 1:12 PM | Report abuse

celebaholic: There were WMD over there, my brother was there when it was found, it was just very under played here by the press, I did read a few articles, and as far as Clinton is concerned, when Monicagate started heating up, he got us into the Bosnia conflict. So yes, I agree with the other poster, if the actors are so concerned about the working class they themselves should go and fight! But as far as Chelsea is concerned, I haven't heard her say anything so I have no need to get her involved just like I haven't heard the Bush twins say anything.

Posted by: Michele | December 18, 2006 2:38 PM | Report abuse

How can New York Dog call Cesar Millan a "revolutionary" dog trainer? He advocates techniques that were discredited years ago by legitimate animal behaviorists.

Posted by: sooz115 | December 18, 2006 4:04 PM | Report abuse

As long as you also send Arnold Schwarzeneger, Shannen Doherty, Ronald Reagan (posthumously; how soon Hollywood-bashers forget that Reagan was an ACTOR), Dennis Miller, Rush Limbaugh, Sean Hannity, Bill O'Reilly, Ted Nugent, that country singer who did the "Boot in Your Ass" song, etc. Unless your hypocrisy only applies to "Hollywood liberals". Right-wing media celebrities who were in favor of the war should be the first ones sent over.

And yes, I'm so sure that the Administration made sure the media totally underplayed or didn't report the discovery of WMDs in Iraq because they wanted to not have proof of their main reason for getting us into the war in the first place and lose the public support for the war. I'm amazed you can actually read and write...

I'm surprised they're doing a movie about the Scientology aliens, since I thought that was the big secret behind the whole thing. I guess that answers Liz's question about the future prospects for United Artists under Tom Cruise...

It's odd that Regan gets fired over this but yet they don't fire anyone on Fox News or anyone who works for the NYPost.

Posted by: = | December 18, 2006 7:41 PM | Report abuse