Posted at 7:57 AM ET, 12/ 8/2006

Morning Mix: Britney Spears Has a Message for You

By Liz Kelly

Headlines: Britney Spears says she "went too far" in new Web posting... Reps deny Beyonce and Jay-Z wedding rumors... Mary J. Blige tops Grammy nominations... Rosie O'Donnell says she's not leaving "The View"... Win a date with George Clooney... Nicole Kidman buys $23.4 million London home... Rebecca Romijn joins cast of "Ugly Betty"... Little Steven Van Zandt starts his own record label... Lou Diamond Phillips pleads no contest to domestic battery... "Survivor" Richard Hatch appealing tax convictions... Tori Spelling starring in her very own yard sale... "SNL" alum Kevin Nealon and wife expecting first child.

Rumor Mill: "Dreamgirl" Jennifer Hudson denies she said being gay is a sin... TomKat snub Oprah Winfrey again... Jessica Simpson's mom irate about Kennedy Center flub, though Dolly Parton doesn't mind... J.Lo tries Scientology "fertility treatment" (second item)... Brangelina planning Christmas wedding?

By Liz Kelly  | December 8, 2006; 7:57 AM ET
Categories:  Daily Mix
Save & Share:  Send E-mail   Facebook   Twitter   Digg   Yahoo Buzz   Del.icio.us   StumbleUpon   Technorati   Google Buzz   Previous: News Flash: Vaughinston is Gone-iston
Next: Friday List: A Star-Studded Wish List

Comments

Jessica's mom's comments are all valid. However, it stikes me as uncool that she thought to have that chat in public.

Posted by: jlr | December 8, 2006 9:55 AM | Report abuse

I'm thinking that the folks at Victoria's Secret saw a fantastic publicity op and overnighted a crate of undies to Bare Butt Brit.

Posted by: KiKi | December 8, 2006 9:59 AM | Report abuse

Brit thinks she went to far?

Really, ya think?

Posted by: yep | December 8, 2006 10:38 AM | Report abuse

I don't think Jessica's mom's comments were valid at all. I think it sounds like she needs to get a life.
I'm sure that everyone understood the situation (nerves, etc...as if Dolly Parton and the others attending the gala have never frozen in their time!) and it was "unprofessional" beyond words for mom to chastise her daughter and meal ticket in front of all those people.

Posted by: Barb | December 8, 2006 10:40 AM | Report abuse

Barb is correct. I have seen Dolly flub her lines and I even saw Loretta Lynn forget the words to "coal miner's daughter" and ask the audiecne for help. Give me a break people.

Posted by: Anonymous | December 8, 2006 10:52 AM | Report abuse

Wasn't Mary J the one singing "In the Ghetto" all sexified on American Idol?

Posted by: not bluto | December 8, 2006 11:14 AM | Report abuse

Jessica choosing to skip a dress rehearsal and not bothering to learn the words to the song written by the woman she is supposed to be "honoring" is a bit different than Dolly or Loretta flubbing lyrics to songs they've sung over and over again. I can't believe I just used all three of their names in one sentence -- Jess doesn't come anywhere close to them in terms of talent, class or brains.

Posted by: neener | December 8, 2006 11:33 AM | Report abuse

Y'all need to see this!

Posted by: Another Liz | December 8, 2006 11:42 AM | Report abuse

those comments by jess's mom haven't been confirmed. it's RUMOR! they sound fishy to me. why in the world would her own mother challenge her committment to the music biz in public? oh, pa-leez. that's the family meal-ticket!

i love dolly. but didn't she used to be curvier? i hate the way she is all big head, gigantic boobs, and stick body. it's just weird looking. i want 9-5 dolly back!

Posted by: wats | December 8, 2006 11:47 AM | Report abuse

Hey Britney! VS sells bras too! Just a thought......

Posted by: arlington | December 8, 2006 1:11 PM | Report abuse

I will NOT post a snarky comment until we've heard from Michelle.

Okay, I will.

When are we going to see Tori Spelling sans panties? It's just a matter of time, I guess.

Posted by: Jay | December 8, 2006 1:20 PM | Report abuse

[Wasn't Mary J the one singing "In the Ghetto" all sexified on American Idol?]

Nope, that was Toni Braxton.

Posted by: fyi | December 8, 2006 1:36 PM | Report abuse

Mary sang "One" as a duet with Elliott Yamin. Well, at least she let Elliott stand on the stage while she sang it.

Taylor Hicks sang "In the Ghetto". Toni Braxton made sounds as if someone just hit her in the windpipe.

Posted by: False Idols | December 11, 2006 6:14 PM | Report abuse