Posted at 7:54 AM ET, 12/12/2006

Morning Mix: Britney Spears's New Man?

By Liz Kelly

Headlines: Tom Cruise voted "most unpopular film star" in new poll... Nicole Richie arrested for DUI... Judge dismisses cases against Courtney Love... Beyonce discusses alter-ego "Sasha"... Ashton Kutcher jealous of male models... Nicolas Cage wants to take a break from acting... Jada Pinkett Smith donates $1 million to Baltimore arts school... Elton John, Duran Duran, Joss Stone among performers at Diana memorial concert... Atlantic Records founder Ahmet Ertegun in coma after fall... Busta Rhymes charged with weapons possession... Stephen Colbert's "truthiness" is Merriam-Webster's word of the year.

Rumor Mill: Britney Spears dating music producer Jonathan "J.R." Rotem?... Lindsay Lohan and mom Dina taking strip tease classes... J.Lo rep denies adoption rumors... Publicist denies Paris Hilton engaged to Stavros Niarchos... No political aspirations for Ted Danson (Oh, darn.)... Cameron Diaz wishes she had more junk in her trunk... Kirstie Alley says she slimmed without surgery, but doesn't rule it out in the future.

By Liz Kelly  | December 12, 2006; 7:54 AM ET
Categories:  Daily Mix
Save & Share:  Send E-mail   Facebook   Twitter   Digg   Yahoo Buzz   Del.icio.us   StumbleUpon   Technorati   Google Buzz   Previous: Celebritology Holiday Guide: Stars By the Book
Next: The Nicole Richie Effect

Comments

Does anyone know how tall Kirstie Alley is? Not to be nitpicky or anything, but I am wondering if she is really 145 lbs.
I actually think she looks great, and I'm wondering why they want to fudge the numbers (except that she works for Jenny Craig).

Posted by: Barb | December 12, 2006 8:28 AM | Report abuse

imbd.com says Kirstie is 5' 7".

Posted by: Anonymous | December 12, 2006 8:41 AM | Report abuse

Shatengi is a much better alter-ego name than Sasha. Zulema was crazy... but she had a good alter-ego name.

Posted by: not bluto | December 12, 2006 8:42 AM | Report abuse

Posted by: Fairfax | December 12, 2006 8:44 AM | Report abuse

More Courtney Love news: Elizabeth Renzetti writes in the Globe and Mail that "the one-woman party barge" may move to the UK and buy a house owned by actor Bob Hoskins.

Posted by: byoolin | December 12, 2006 9:01 AM | Report abuse

While I don't think Kirstie Alley had surgery to help her slim down, I think she did have surgery to get rid of that excess skin. No one loses 75 pounds and has "normal" looking / non baggy / no excess skin.

Posted by: Arlington | December 12, 2006 9:07 AM | Report abuse

If britney is off with a new fling and "headingback to his place" on Sunday night as the NY Post states, who is watching those 2 babies of hers? Goodness, I guess she would say "I'm just country!"

Posted by: I'm a Good Momma | December 12, 2006 9:13 AM | Report abuse

re: Kirstie's lack of excess skin -- it's called air brushing. all of her public appearances are very well planned, so that the outfits cover her in the right places. anything in print has been air brushed. i don't doubt that she'll have surgery in the future, especially once the skin on her face starts sagging.

Posted by: theSnark | December 12, 2006 9:26 AM | Report abuse

I'm 5'7" and I weigh 150 lbs, and people think I'm thin. There's no way that woman is down to 145.

Posted by: truthiness | December 12, 2006 9:56 AM | Report abuse

Barge seems an apt description of Courtney Love if that picture is to be believed. Maybe C. Diaz could get some booty off her.

Posted by: Stick | December 12, 2006 10:02 AM | Report abuse

Nicolas Cage. There's no "H" in it.

Posted by: Another Liz | December 12, 2006 10:11 AM | Report abuse

How does air brushing explain Kirstie's "catwalk" on Oprah while she was wearing a bikini? I saw large hips, but not excess skin.

Posted by: ? for theSnark | December 12, 2006 10:21 AM | Report abuse

A couple of things:

1) Ladies, I love you, but 5'7" and 145 is not thin. It's not fat. And I'm sure you're all really extremely attractive. But it's not thin.

Now before you get upset, hear me out here. Kirsty Alley is not judged by normal beauty standards. She's an actor and actors are fantasy. If I want to see normal people, I'll head out to the grocery store, or a bar. So kirsty has to lose another 20+ pounds. There is no "secret" to do that. She has to eat less.

2) More importantly, Lindsay Lohan and her mom going to stripping class? I mean, that's really really hot. Just the thought of these to ladies getting together to take the class is hot "Hey mom, do you want to take a stripping class with me?" "Sure, Hon!"

Wow!

Posted by: Bunkley | December 12, 2006 10:25 AM | Report abuse

To fairfax: I think Paris replaced the dog with an exotic pet that bit her and sent her to the hospital with an infection. I think it was a monkey, anyway she has gone on to replace the monkey with Britney.

You know I was thinking of taking a strip tease class with my mum as well. Nothing enforces the mother child bond like learning the correct way to grind down a pole. I wonder if their class includes the lap dance and money collection option. hmmmmm

Posted by: petal | December 12, 2006 10:42 AM | Report abuse

"Does anyone know whatever happened to that teeny dog Paris used to carry around?

Posted by: Fairfax | December 12, 2006 08:44 AM "

I think it's a purse now. :-(

Posted by: Mona | December 12, 2006 11:22 AM | Report abuse

It's too late for Nic Cage to cut back- National Treasure II is already in the can!

Posted by: crc | December 12, 2006 11:37 AM | Report abuse

I thought Nic Cage had been on a break from acting ever since his divorce from Lisa Marie. Gay much?
Dina Lohan, grrr. Just typing her name makes my blood boil. Doesn't she have at least 2 other kids? Did she lock them in a kennel or something?
What little dog that Paris used to have? Didn't you see the link about the DUI?

Posted by: miss belle | December 12, 2006 12:21 PM | Report abuse

RE: Petal and mum - please keep in mind that there are some things about one's mum that ought to remain a mystery (e.g., her pole grinding technique).

Posted by: Fairfax | December 12, 2006 12:37 PM | Report abuse

Yeah, umm, about the strip tease class. Well, in my own opinion i don't think I would feel comfortable with actually seeing my mom grind a pole if you know what I mean.

Nicole Richie needs to step up her game. If you ask me, she was probably drinking because she's lonely and depressed. I mean really, do you read the magazines. Now that Paris has a new best friend (Britney)all of a sudden, and it happens as soon as they (Paris & Nicole) become friends after a long fight. I truely think Nicole needs to show Paris she don't have to depend on her to have a good time. Oviously she needs to go hang out with Lindsy Lohan and maybe the two of them take the strip tease class together. See how Paris reacts then.

Busta with weapons, I seen it coming. It seems that all the rappers are falling like usual.

Ashton Kutcher should be jealous of male models, he has everything to lose when it comes to them. Their HOT.

Britney Spears should get around and fun. I feel that she has been locked up and needs to take somewhat of a break from that Kevin guy. I hated him. Great job Britney, you didn't deserve him anyway. But take it slow as well. You still have kids to watch over. You have to remember it's not all about you any more. It's okay to have fun for awhile but then you have to get back on track. Don't ruin your life partying like most of the young stars now days. We still love you.

Posted by: krizma | December 12, 2006 12:42 PM | Report abuse

Thanks Fairfax. I was joking about that part. Although my mother didn't find it funny either, so I guess that bombed.

Posted by: petal | December 12, 2006 12:57 PM | Report abuse

Nic Cage has re-married a hot, much younger, beautiful, asian woman and she is being so kind as to help him spend his money.

Posted by: Marie | December 12, 2006 1:14 PM | Report abuse

Paris and Britney are more than BFFs if ya know what I mean...

Posted by: Marie | December 12, 2006 1:16 PM | Report abuse

Does anyone know if Ted Danson is in town for some reason? I swear I saw him walking in Georgetown this morning.

Posted by: Molly | December 13, 2006 9:53 AM | Report abuse

Bunkley...what the hell is wrong with you? Do you realize what you are saying?
145lbs on a woman that is 5'7" is very thin! your definition of thin is obviously a bit distorted...watching too many supermodels walking the catwalk is destroying your ability to see what the true definition of thin really is. now 145lbs may not be "skinny" but who wants that anyways...having some flesh is sexy! skin and bones is GROSS!

Kirsty Alley I love the woman, but she is DEFINITELY NOT 145lbs at 5'7" (cause at that ratio she would be much more thin)

Posted by: sz | December 15, 2006 3:20 PM | Report abuse