Posted at 7:56 AM ET, 12/13/2006

Morning Mix: Daniel Craig Named 'Sexiest Man' in New Poll

By Liz Kelly

Headlines: Daniel Craig named world's sexiest man (by condom maker)... Naomi Campbell cleared of assault charge... Angelina Jolie says she didn't mean to fall in love with Brad Pitt; new picture of Jolie-Pitt clan... Stella McCartney gives birth to baby girl... James Gandolfini to preside over 2007 Mardi Gras... Tickets to Princess Diana concert sell out in minutes; jeweler says Dodi Al-Fayed bought engagement ring hours before crash... Second graders urge Jay Leno to eat vegetables... Robert DeNiro says his directing days are over... Evil Knievel sues Kanye West over video... The Stooges plan new album for spring release... Rolling Stone names Gnarls Barkley's "Crazy" as top song of 2006.

Rumor Mill: Is K-Fed planning a tell-all book?... Jessica Simpson having trouble remembering movie lines... Denzel Washington says mom saved him from drugs... New book claims Kurt Cobain was planning to divorce Courtney Love.

"I haven't had a drink in seven days. Or anything. I'm not even legal to, so why would I? I don't drink when I go to clubs. I drink with my friends at home, but there's no need to. I feel better not drinking. It's more fun. I have Red Bull." -- Lindsay Lohan on her admission that she's been attending Alcoholics Anonymous meetings for a year

By Liz Kelly  | December 13, 2006; 7:56 AM ET
Categories:  Daily Mix
Save & Share:  Send E-mail   Facebook   Twitter   Digg   Yahoo Buzz   Del.icio.us   StumbleUpon   Technorati   Google Buzz   Previous: The Nicole Richie Effect
Next: Actors Who Think They Can Sing: Halle Berry

Comments

Why, oh why, must someone put Jessica Simpson in another movie? It's bad enough I keep seeing her and her epileptic body movements in that DirecTv HD commercial every 10 minutes.

Posted by: BF | December 13, 2006 9:24 AM | Report abuse

Amen, BF. I watched the commercial once and now I either turn the channel or run from the room screaming "My eyes! My eyes!" Way too painful.

As mentioned in earlier blogs, it's a shame that such critters as Britney Spears, Lindsay Lohan, Paris Hilton, Jessica Simpson et al. are publicized as beings worthy of emulation. We (including the media) need to put a moratorium on the publicity given to this crop of "entertainers".

Posted by: pnina | December 13, 2006 9:51 AM | Report abuse

The Brangelina clan photo link doesn't work. Liz help!! I need my celeb fix.

Posted by: dc | December 13, 2006 10:14 AM | Report abuse

Maybe Denzel Washington could teach a thing or two to Elizabeth Hurley . . .

Posted by: pvd | December 13, 2006 10:42 AM | Report abuse

mmmm.... i love me some daniel craig!

Posted by: wats | December 13, 2006 11:01 AM | Report abuse

Most embarrassing for Ms. Simpson is the revelation that the line she cannot remember is, "Hi, I'm Jessica Simpson."

Posted by: byoolin | December 13, 2006 11:06 AM | Report abuse

Brad Pitt would have left dull as dish water Jennifer even if Angelina would not have come along. Im sure when he married her he realized that she was a plain jane and thought that she'd evolve into the stay at home and raise a family type but it seems that she has convinced herself that she is too fabulous for that. Whereas Angelina who is truly fabulous turned out to be the more down to earth type and that is why she was able to pull him. For those women that have a problem with Angelina I'm sure you fear women like her and probably need your own dose of reality - you are boring.

Posted by: Marie | December 13, 2006 11:07 AM | Report abuse

Normally I only feel the need to respond to egregious errors in foreign policy (I work for a think tank) but today I have to respond to the enormous mistake that has been made by calling Daniel Craig The "Sexiest man". After I saw Casino Royal it took me more than a week to stop sputtering at the outrageous dipiction of my favorite spy. Being a life long James Bond FANATIC I could not wait to see the new James Bond film. Then I discovered that the new James Bond was blond - no offense, i mean Im blond but James Bond is supposed to be TALL DARK AND HANDSOME. Then I actually saw the film. James Bond is supposed to be the epitome of all things suave and sophisticated. He is supposed to be able to charm a woman (parents put your hand over your childrens eyes) to orgasm without even touching her. He is supposed to cause chills, with his boyish charm, his impish arrogance, and ability to make the worst blunders look wise and purposeful. I know that few people will agree with me on this but in my opinion the best James Bonds were Sean Connery and Pierce Brosnan (yeah I know, he cant act, but in James Bond all he had to be was himself!) I would have loved to see Hugh Jackman (who CAN act) Colin Ferrel, or even Orlando Bloom. This Daniel Craig person curiously resembles, (so closely that there were points at which I had to cringe) our long time family friend Miros, the poor, crazy polish painter. I love to talk with Miros about anything and everything, and though I realize that he is not a bad looking man (even if he is about 26 years my senior) he IS NOT JAMES BOND and seriously, in this movie there were moments when I felt as though my beloved POLISH PAINTER was much more refined than the neanderthal on the screen before me. Ladies, lets get back to old hollywood, lets refine our tastes - there are times when all a girls wants is a macho, unrefined tough guy, but the SEXY part about James Bond is that he is all of that in an oh so suave and polished exterior with just a dash of boyish charm. And really isnt that every girls fantasy???

Posted by: Mary | December 13, 2006 11:08 AM | Report abuse

I'm not a Bond fan at all, so I have no problem with Daniel Craig as Bond (though he has a tough act to follow, with the likes of Connery and Brosnan as his predecessors), but sexy? Not even close. I'm not a teenager, but Craig just seems old and creaky. Not even close to sexy.

Posted by: Mona | December 13, 2006 11:24 AM | Report abuse

Dodi Al Fayed was going to propose to Diana and this is making news AGAIN now because why?

Posted by: Marie | December 13, 2006 11:32 AM | Report abuse

If a man is named "Sexist Man" by a condom company, aren't they really saying "This man should not reproduce."

Posted by: Lisa | December 13, 2006 11:55 AM | Report abuse

Daniel is not bad. He's not Pierce agreed and I don't get the thing some women have for Sean but Daniel is easy on the eyes.

Posted by: in Daniel's defence | December 13, 2006 12:07 PM | Report abuse

Craig is like Connery as Bond. Raw Sex Appeal. Hot. Suave, but not in a fake way, in a badass way. HE is the man that would make me stop on the street, not Brosnan, who was too pretty and almost sissified. Craig is so much more believable as the secret agent to end all secret agents. I have to respectfully disagree. I love the new Bond. He definitely deserves a sexiness tite!

Posted by: WHAT??! | December 13, 2006 12:37 PM | Report abuse

Lisa, you caused me to spit iced tea all over my computer, I was laughing at this so hard! Great.

Someone tell Marie to take a chill pill -- she's a little too tightly wound for this blog...

Posted by: Alexa | December 13, 2006 1:11 PM | Report abuse

I find it interesting that LiLo have been going to AA meetings for 1yr but only has 7 days under her belt. But then again she's to young to drink...so what are we talking about?!?!? Funny stuff

Posted by: bored... | December 13, 2006 1:30 PM | Report abuse

I totally agree with you WHAT??! Daniel Craig is smoking, he's the bad boy are Mothers warned us to stay away from. Craig has brought the Bond character back to being manly..finally!

On another note, I think Durex is just saying it doesn't matter if their hot or not...WRAP IT!

Posted by: Sharon | December 13, 2006 1:53 PM | Report abuse

Alexa - you thought donating your team aniston t-shirt to the goodwill this holiday season was being charitable because you are extremely tired and boring

Posted by: Marie | December 13, 2006 2:06 PM | Report abuse

The Dodi/Diana engagement is "news" again only because of the final(ly) released British report on the investigation into the accident. It's not news, it's just rehashing tragic facts of a tragic, drunk-driver accident.

Posted by: pnina | December 13, 2006 2:31 PM | Report abuse

I saw that photo of the Jolie-Pitt clan, and they are all so adorable. Loving the girls, particularly Zahara, who I predict will be famous, in her teen years, for throwing punches at the paparazzi but not for drinking/drugging/carrying on. I think Brangelina will make sure their kids are nothing like this current crop of celebutards. They'll be too busy building houses and feeding the poor!
Daniel Craig is so f-ing hot, I can't stand it. If you saw Layer Cake, you understand how he got to be Bond. The man makes me salivate, particularly in the shot of him coming out of the ocean in those blue trunks. Yum yum, I want some!
(and for once, I'm not saying an actor is gay)
I give Naomi just a couple weeks before she throws something/hits someone/has a big tantrum about something. It's just who she is. Ouch! I just got hit with a cellie!!
Speaking of conspiracy theories: (1) Who thinks Courtney actually killed Kurt? or paid to have him killed? or put the idea in his muddled drugged out head? (2) How much did Kanye slip Evel to file the suit? Evel has one foot in the grave, he surely cannot care about a stupid music video. Plus, his legacy will always be strong, nobody will ever forget that Snake River jump...wait, did he actually make it? (3) How come nobody has embraced the name Dodi?! It sounds cute-yet-masculine, rich-but-normal, foreign-and-safe.

Posted by: miss belle | December 13, 2006 2:39 PM | Report abuse

oh my goodness yes. Daniel coming out of the water was loverly. I think he did a damn good job as Bond. Love Pierce, not much for Connery but Daniel Craig brought Bond back, the series had gotten a bit tried before him.

Posted by: petal | December 13, 2006 2:53 PM | Report abuse

"Is K-Fed planning a tell-all book?"

Oh please god yes yes let the answer be yes.

Posted by: h3 | December 13, 2006 3:26 PM | Report abuse

Did you know the Bond job was originally offered to Ewan McGregor? I love him, but he isn't very tall, and not a sex pot, but neither was Sean Connery. I think the sauve (Sp?) and humor is what they were looking for? I haven't seen the new movie...do you think they were, or just a piece of beefcake.
I also heard they offered the part to Clive Owen....oh man, if only!! I wouldn't mind seeing him in a tighty bathing suit. Talk about sex pot with brains!!
You know what, men get to do this stuff ALL THE TIME! Us girls need more eye candy.

Posted by: Barb | December 13, 2006 4:40 PM | Report abuse

Oh geez, total mispelling...suave? Souave? Or is that a kind of wine?

Posted by: Barb | December 13, 2006 4:41 PM | Report abuse

Who in Sam Hill does this guy think he is, anyway? I'm pretty sure that I'm the sexiest man alive. {heh/just kidding, folks} But then I'm the guy with headphones on looking through the viewfinder at other actors.

Be looking for "There's Danger In Romance" on DVD.

Posted by: Marvin Moviemaker | December 14, 2006 1:41 AM | Report abuse

Daniel Craig is totally sexy, and he does deserve it. It kills me how people say that people look unnnatural and fake when they buy into hollywood and get facelifts, and peels and the like to get rid of their lines, but let a man actually have a line in his face and he's craggy. Give me a break. Daniel Craig is no pretty boy, and he is not drop dead gorgeous, but damn if he isn't sexy. I wish people would stop hating him solely based on his appearance. And anyway, his appearance isn't bad...he's easy on the eyes enough to me. Especially if you check out that shower scene in Tomb Raider. Meow!

Posted by: Dana | December 15, 2006 8:38 AM | Report abuse

Courtney Love DEFINITELY had something to do with the DEATH (not suicide) of Kurt Cobain. I have followed all the investigation reports and done some conspiracy theorizing on my own. Anyone with a brain and eyes can see that Courtney love is still as much of a cracked out ho as ever and as far as I am concerned if she let Kurt divorce her he'd probably still be alive today taking care of our kids ;-)

Posted by: sz | December 15, 2006 3:11 PM | Report abuse

Pierce Brosnan was definitely sexy, but I agree he came off almost a little sissified... I much prefer Daniel Craig (and what's wrong with a little cragginess?! He wears it well... mmmm very well indeed)

Posted by: Candace | December 29, 2006 8:26 AM | Report abuse

My boyfriend's been taking me to see EVERY JB movie since 1995 when Brosnan was cast as 007. I've been yawnin thru Golden Eye to Die Another Day. To me "suave, dark and handsome" 007 was an OLD MAN IN A BATHROBE, yes, and a sexist pig. That was until Craig came in. No, he's not pretty and not suave, and his ears are BIG and he really looks OLD sometimes. And he IS BLOND, that being his worst crime in some people's eyes. But he's given Bond personality he'd been missing for the last 15 years or so. His Bond is strong, arrogant and self-assured, and he's also vulnerable and hmmm ... mortal. He learns his lessons and gets bruised. He GROWS. That's the sexiest thing about the new Bond. And yes, I enjoyed Daniel Craig emerging from the sea in his blue-to-match-his-blue-eyes swimming trunks. This beautiful picture is something I've got as my pc wallpaper at the moment. So yes, I agree with the condom makers. Daniel Craig is the sexiest man alive.

Posted by: Nixx | January 1, 2007 4:38 AM | Report abuse