Posted at 7:50 AM ET, 12/19/2006

Morning Mix: Federston? No Way.

By Liz Kelly

UPDATE, 12:04 p.m. ET: Miss USA Tara Conner will keep her title.

Headlines: Miss USA's fate to be announced at 11 a.m. ET... Aaron Carter "in love" with singer Kaci Brown... Would-be O.J. publisher Judith Regan fired for anti-Semitic remarks... Joey Fatone ('N Sync) says he's ready to appear on "Dancing With the Stars"... Christina Ricci apologizes for wearing fur... Kate Moss launching her own perfume... Jeffrey Tambor ("Arrested Development") and wife welcome baby daughter... Animator Joseph Barbera dies at 95... Billy Idol releases holiday album.

Rumor Mill: Jennifer Aniston and K-Fed? NO WAY!... Sharon Stone, Christian Slater dating... Britney Spears booed at L.A. Lakers game; buys new Beverly Hills home... Courtney Love flying high?... Martha Stewart broke up with Anthony Hopkins because of Hannibal Lecter role... Will Smith laughs off Scientology rumors.

Perform with Justin: Lucky you, Justin Timberlake is looking for an average schmo to perform with him at the Grammys. The list of approved audition songs includes "Cry Me a River" and "What's Love Got to Do With It," but sadly not this gem from last weekend's "Saturday Night Live" (warning, not for the kiddies or loud in-office speakers).

By Liz Kelly  | December 19, 2006; 7:50 AM ET
Categories:  Daily Mix
Save & Share:  Send E-mail   Facebook   Twitter   Digg   Yahoo Buzz   Del.icio.us   StumbleUpon   Technorati   Google Buzz   Previous: Comment Box: The Hoff -- Haute or Not?
Next: Celebritology Holiday Guide: Four Presents of the Apocalypse

Comments

Ah Liz - that resolution not to mention KFed didn't last long, did it? Hope that your New Year's promises are more durable.

Posted by: Bogota | December 19, 2006 9:03 AM | Report abuse

The rumor about "Fediston" is completely ridculous...I mean really...if people are going to make things up at least make them a little bit believable

Posted by: sunpop | December 19, 2006 9:14 AM | Report abuse

You're a little behind the times Liz. The Billy Idol Xmas album has been out for a couple weeks. I got mine over the weekend. It's kinda funny. Haven't listened to all of it as I've been enjoying the also recently purchased Twisted Sister Xmas album (You haven't lived until you heard "O Come All Ye Faithful" done to "We're not going to take it".)

Posted by: BF | December 19, 2006 9:19 AM | Report abuse

I was reading along, thinking, this is amazing... no mention of Lindsay or Paris or Britney, and I'm half way down the column. But then, Britney was booed at a basketball game. What a shame. Can you even remember a time when the 3 girls were not worthy of celebrity gossip? That'll be the day.

Posted by: Sarah | December 19, 2006 9:20 AM | Report abuse

Oh thanks for the double musical laugh this morning. Ever since I went to the movie theater a few weeks ago and the pre-show Muzak played selections from the Pat Boone "In a Metal Mood" album, I've needed something to purge that horror from my mind. I've now got the SNL short running through it...and the lip curl sneaking in to White Christmas made my morning...

Posted by: Chasmosaur | December 19, 2006 9:32 AM | Report abuse

Liz, we helped Lindsay, Britney and Nicole. Now it time to help Jennifer. Even it's not true, it shows bad have things gotten for her . This woman need some real advice.

Posted by: Lisa | December 19, 2006 9:43 AM | Report abuse

Does anyone else feel that it's unprofessional to broadcast Ms. USA's troubles to such a public audience? If they are serious about her changing her ways, I think the appropriate thing is to speak to her privately.

Posted by: A | December 19, 2006 9:54 AM | Report abuse

Liz, Britney needs you to intervene, again. Pics of her on Perez Hilton and The Superficial lately indicate that dropping Paris hasn't stopped her from dressing heinously (clearance rack at Dollar Store, anyone?) and drinking heavily. She looks like a total skank. Why does Lindsay have a "problem" with drinking and Britney is just 'living it up' and 'enjoying her freedom' when Britney is out getting smashed every night? When did that become "fun" instead of a drinking problem? Getting trashed every night is not fun, kids, it is alcoholism.

Posted by: jo | December 19, 2006 10:10 AM | Report abuse

I loved Hanna Barbera cartoons. Brief moment of silence, please.

Ok, now I can say that though I like Jeffrey Tambor, he's really a little too old to be popping out puppies.

Posted by: not bluto | December 19, 2006 10:17 AM | Report abuse

Regarding Lindsay: Don't alcoholics avoid going to clubs and bars?

Posted by: wuh? | December 19, 2006 10:18 AM | Report abuse

Alcoholics don't necessarily avoid going to clubs and bars. As someone who's been sober for 2 years through AA, I enjoy living my life without restrictions. Alcohol is everywhere and can't be avoided - alcoholics have to learn to live with that. Of course, most newly sober individuals don't necessarily feel comfortable at bars and clubs, but you shouldn't make generalizations. I've learned to enjoy a night out without alcohol. Even though I can't drink, I still love to socialize and dance!

Posted by: To wuh? | December 19, 2006 10:23 AM | Report abuse

Sorry--that was a generalization. I was by no means inferring that alcoholics should not go out and have fun.

Posted by: you're right | December 19, 2006 10:29 AM | Report abuse

The entire rumor mill reads like the future lineup for A&E's "Intervention."

Posted by: b | December 19, 2006 10:34 AM | Report abuse

Fatone is "ready" for dancing with the stars? As in, he's exhausted all other possiblities for a comeback and this is his last shot?

p.s. Timberlake was actually pretty funny on SNL, they should make him a regular

Posted by: BB | December 19, 2006 10:48 AM | Report abuse

They are broadcasting Miss USA's trouble only as a prelude to giving her the boot. It's 10:55. She has 5 minutes left as Miss USA. Besides, this gives the Don a chance get some ink. Don't be a player hater.

Posted by: Mike | December 19, 2006 11:00 AM | Report abuse

LOL. Federston - most ridiculous rumor of ALL time.

Posted by: Alison | December 19, 2006 11:04 AM | Report abuse

Liz,

Thank you for the link to the Justin Timberlake video. I had been stumped on what to give my girlfriend for Christmas.

Posted by: Mister Methane | December 19, 2006 11:05 AM | Report abuse

i agree with BB... i laughed out loud for the first 15-20 minutes of SNL... i haven't done that all season...

Posted by: Anonymous | December 19, 2006 11:34 AM | Report abuse

I also agree with the other posters they should make JT a cast member. He was the best thing on that tired show. If NBC was smart they would repeat this Saturday instead that awful Jack Black.

Posted by: Lisa | December 19, 2006 11:50 AM | Report abuse

Okay, I was wrong on Miss USA getting booted. She has to enter rehab though? Is that the penance for every celebrity mis-step?

Posted by: Mike | December 19, 2006 1:11 PM | Report abuse

Why the surprise over a potential K-Fed/Aniston hook-up? They're both white trash.

Posted by: Bolton | December 19, 2006 1:21 PM | Report abuse

Nice day for a White Christmas?

Posted by: Berta | December 19, 2006 1:55 PM | Report abuse

Aniston is white trash??? That is news to me...

Posted by: jj | December 19, 2006 2:26 PM | Report abuse

Aniston is white trash??? That is news to me...

Posted by: jj | December 19, 2006 2:26 PM | Report abuse

Aniston is white trash??? That is news to me...

Posted by: jj | December 19, 2006 2:27 PM | Report abuse

Aniston is white trash??? That is news to me...

Posted by: jj | December 19, 2006 2:27 PM | Report abuse

Ditto (multiple times) to JJ's query! Jennifer Aniston may be many things, but white trash? There's not enough truth in it to even be funny.

Posted by: Alison | December 19, 2006 3:07 PM | Report abuse

Whoa....sorry about the multiple comments, computer messed up I guess.

Posted by: jj | December 19, 2006 3:15 PM | Report abuse

Well what better way for Jennifer A to get back at B Pitt than by having a baby by KFed?

Posted by: Stick | December 19, 2006 3:19 PM | Report abuse

Sorry Stick, having a child with K-Fed is no way to get back at Brad. She needs a step-up from Brad not a step- down.

Posted by: Lisa | December 19, 2006 4:08 PM | Report abuse

Lisa, there is no step-up from Brad Pitt. He is the top step. Jen already hit rock-bottom with Vince (my favorite fat drunk) Vaugn. K-Fed continues her rolling around on the rock-bottom.

Posted by: Spacemonkey | December 20, 2006 10:13 AM | Report abuse

I happen to think that any man who doesn't leave his wife for another woman is a step up from Brad.

Posted by: freckle | December 21, 2006 12:18 PM | Report abuse