Posted at 7:58 AM ET, 12/ 7/2006

Morning Mix: Wayans Banned from Club for Using Racial Slur

By Liz Kelly

Headlines: Damon Wayans banned from comedy club for using N-word, Andy Dick apologizes for same thing... TomKat plans Saturday post-wedding celebration in L.A... Connie Nielsen, Lars Ulrich expecting first child... Clint Eastwood win kicks off awards season... Mayan groups angered by Mel Gibson's "Apocalypto"... Gina Lollobrigida (79) calls off wedding to 45-year-old boyfriend... Celebs tote guns in new reality show... Gwen Stefani to launch new fragrance.

Rumor Mill: Britney Spears carries glass of wine to car, then drives... K-Fed takes "smart" lessons; says he's "doing great"... Lindsay Lohan e-mail says Al Gore will help her and "society should be educated for the better of our country"... Lane Garrison did "several shots" before fatal crash... George Clooney, Brad Pitt face off in prank war... Spice Girl Mel B furious with Eddie Murphy... Mary-Louise Parker dating "Weeds" co-star?... Gisele Bundchen says burgers are key to her supermodel figure... Liam Gallagher claims John Lennon's ghost visited him.

By Liz Kelly  | December 7, 2006; 7:58 AM ET
Categories:  Daily Mix
Save & Share:  Send E-mail   Facebook   Twitter   Digg   Yahoo Buzz   Del.icio.us   StumbleUpon   Technorati   Google Buzz   Previous: In Praise of Kate
Next: News Flash: Vaughinston is Gone-iston

Comments

Lennon told Gallagher to "Knock it off."

Posted by: Jay | December 7, 2006 9:32 AM | Report abuse

Okay, was I the only one who read the thrid item as "Connie Neilsen, Skeet Ulrich expecting first child" and thought WTF?

And who's with me that Andy Dick's "lapse" was a premeditated attempt to get some publicity? What a tool.

Posted by: VoR | December 7, 2006 10:03 AM | Report abuse

Hey, VoR, I saw "connie Nielsen, Lars Ulrich" and thought "WHO???" Had to link to find out who the $%&@ they are.

And re Andy Dick - I'm with you. I think of him as The Aptly Named Andy Dick.

Posted by: KiKi | December 7, 2006 10:12 AM | Report abuse

Hey, where is there a pic of the Brad Pitt ad that he took about George Clooney?

Posted by: vb_lady | December 7, 2006 10:12 AM | Report abuse

Here's a link to the Pitt/Clooney ad ...

Posted by: DC | December 7, 2006 10:27 AM | Report abuse

Who thought giving LaToya Jackson a gun was a good idea?

Posted by: Glad I'm not in Muncie | December 7, 2006 10:29 AM | Report abuse

Look, no one has paid any attention to me for several years. Same with Michael Richards. But he flips out at a comic club where no one even knew he was performing, and suddenly everybody was talking about him. I was jealous. I wanted people to pay attention to me. So I figured if I did the same thing, I'd be the topic of every conversation.

Can you really blame me for wanting some press again?

Posted by: Andy Dick | December 7, 2006 10:34 AM | Report abuse

I love Gwen but if that new fragrance is anything like the new song,it will need more work.

Britney's family need to setup an intervention. Truthfully they needed one when she got together with the parasite but she's going beyond a cry for help these days, hell even Courtney Love talked about her behaviour. When Courtney Love can talk about you, you need to pull and act right.

So John Lennon doesn't have anything better to do than visit Liam? The way the world is going he comes back from the great beyond to have a convo with Liam, uhuh.

Posted by: petal | December 7, 2006 10:41 AM | Report abuse

Damn, Sarah Silverman (no relation) better watch out, er, homie.

Posted by: Sarah S | December 7, 2006 12:01 PM | Report abuse

"Damon should apologize as well. The use of the n-word whether within the black community or not needs to end because the word has never and will never be a term of endearment."

The litmus test is/will always be the intention of the person who uses the word.

Posted by: Anonymous | December 7, 2006 12:38 PM | Report abuse

We are so grateful for Lindsay Lohan's adequite letter to the press to morally educate our people. She has such an impact over us and had such an impact on the world in the past.

I wonder if "LR" stands for Rachel Zoe? Or perhaps Leslie Representative?

Posted by: Future Generations | December 7, 2006 1:55 PM | Report abuse

"That's a ridiculous statement. And if you were black, you'd know how ridiculous it sounds. Should gays stop calling each other the Q-word? "

I'm black and I agree with the poster who said blacks should stop with the "n-word". Why should blacks refer to each other with derogatory terms? It's hypocritical and stupid to expect others to not call you what you call yourself. And where is the self-respect in using such a word?

Posted by: damon should apologize | December 7, 2006 2:42 PM | Report abuse

Time for Eddie Murphy and Mel-B to star in the celebrity version of the Maury Povich Who's Your Daddy? Show.

Posted by: Mister Methane | December 7, 2006 4:07 PM | Report abuse

OK, I think the Ocean's boys are all about revenge via releasing eachothers early pics to the press. Pitt's reply seems to be only fitting since Clooney released the fab snake skin suit pic of Matt Damon to People Magazine in the Sexiest Man Alive edition...I would personaly watch for some more elevated pranks from these boys.

Posted by: MaybeBaby | December 7, 2006 4:22 PM | Report abuse

I completely missed Lars getting divorced, so this whole "having another baby with some actress" thing caught me off guard. Dang it.
I am sad for La Lollabrigida, she gave me hope that I, too, would find love later in life. You know, so that I can fully devote my 30s to celebrity gossip instead of finding a straight man who shares my interests.
A couple of years too late for a Gwen fragrance idea, but hopefully whatever she sells will smell like b-a-n-a-n-a-s.
If carrying a glass of wine to your car and driving away is a crime, lock me up. Do it all the time, but usually I have my baby hold the glass for me. Yes, the baby sits in my lap, but that's because...say it with me...I'm country, y'all.
Thank you, Giselle, for proving that burgers are good for you. If that's all you eat (no wine) I'm sure you'll be... well, a model of some sort.

Posted by: miss belle | December 7, 2006 5:09 PM | Report abuse

If they made ChiaPeople in the likenesses of celebutards, the Britney and Lindsay models would come without seeds.

Posted by: AnonAnon | December 7, 2006 9:04 PM | Report abuse