Posted at 7:32 AM ET, 01/ 8/2007

Morning Mix: Angelina Jolie Calls Madonna Adoption 'Illegal'

By Liz Kelly

Headlines: Britney Spears and Kevin Federline will share custody of kids in January; record company calls in Spears for crisis talk; Dr. 90210 concerned about her health... Brad Pitt says he and Angelina want more kids... Man charged with blackmailing Oprah... Bindi Irwin poised to make showbiz debut... Marilyn Manson and Dita Von Teese splitting after a year of marriage... Search for Beyonce back-up dancers spans country... Chevy Chase discusses addiction... Burt Bacharach's daughter commits suicide... "SNL's" Chris Kattan (Mango) engaged... Elvis Presley paper cup sells on eBay for $200.

Rumor Mill: Angelina Jolie calls Madonna adoption "illegal"; is Madge bankrolling adoption official?... Lindsay Lohan parties after release from hospital... Despite resolutions (second item), Courtney Love gets plastic surgery... Heather Mills plans to re-brand image... Nicole Richie hires shaman to combat unlucky curse... Kirsten Dunst to play Blondie?

By Liz Kelly  | January 8, 2007; 7:32 AM ET
Categories:  Daily Mix
Save & Share:  Send E-mail   Facebook   Twitter   Digg   Yahoo Buzz   Del.icio.us   StumbleUpon   Technorati   Google Buzz   Previous: Friday List: Dumbest Movie Moments
Next: Comment Box: Justin's Regifted 'Box'; Tom and Nicole's Tag-Team Parenting

Comments

Dr. Rey's a riot...He should take a look at his wife, though. She always looks like she could use a big meal.

Posted by: Columbia, MD | January 8, 2007 9:18 AM | Report abuse

I think Angie is just upset that Madonna adopted David before she could.

Posted by: Irish girl | January 8, 2007 10:13 AM | Report abuse

I worry for Steve Irwin's daughter seems kind of soon to be launching a "showbiz career." Hope it is what she wants, if at that age she can really know.

Posted by: b | January 8, 2007 10:23 AM | Report abuse

Completely unrelated: What's up with the magazine section online? Last week's wasn't updated and I can't read Gene's column. (I KNOW I KNOW buy the magazine... I was even in the store on Sat and could've gotten the early version, yada yada)

Posted by: not bluto | January 8, 2007 10:29 AM | Report abuse

Jolie was overheard saying "Meow!! Hiss!!!" to Madonna.

Posted by: BF | January 8, 2007 10:30 AM | Report abuse

I didn't get the Magazine in my Sunday paper -- maybe there was a printing problem and there is none for this week? I didn't see it on the Discussion List for today, unless it's there now.

Posted by: Columbia, MD | January 8, 2007 10:44 AM | Report abuse

There was no magazine yesterday, but under the Print Edition - then Magazine part of the Post website, it says that it will resume on Jan. 14.

Posted by: Betty | January 8, 2007 10:56 AM | Report abuse

Doesn't the magazine normally take the weeek after New Years off? I seem to remember they schedule like a week of downtime at some point during the year.

Posted by: Stick | January 8, 2007 10:56 AM | Report abuse

Yep, this is one of the few weeks each year the Magazine doesn't publish. Slackers.

Posted by: Liz | January 8, 2007 11:18 AM | Report abuse

Whew, then I'm not sad I didn't pick up the early edition. The Post Mag is the best part of the paper! I mean, besides the style section, and op-ed page, and the politics and metro sections.... Okay, I still should have picked up the paper... So little $ for so much satisfaction. Can't say that for much else these days. Except for 'tology, which is free. Man, I'm cheap.

Posted by: not bluto | January 8, 2007 11:28 AM | Report abuse

Mind if I comment on the Morning Mix? I've got no time for actual newspaper, people!
Chris Kattan is marrying a model named Sunshine ...does this smell of beard to anyone else?
Dita is finally dropping Brian, er, Marilyn. What took so long? Did she finally realize that he's not a Beautiful Person on the inside? Or perhaps she wants a beau who is anatomically correct?
I just don't think it's possible to blackmail Oprah, she's too good at putting her "business" out in the street. Remember how she and Gail aren't gay?!
From the photos, I can't tell if Courtney Love had surgery. She could just be all coke-puffy, like LiLo gets sometimes.
And speaking of my sweet LiLo, I guess I was wrong and she really did have "appendicitis." I was sure that she'd take a couple weeks off and come back with a huge rack, Hilary-Duff-chiclet teeth, and some kind of grand tattoo. Harumph.

Posted by: miss belle | January 8, 2007 1:03 PM | Report abuse