Posted at 7:58 AM ET, 01/25/2007

Morning Mix: Brandy Involved in Fatal Car Crash

By Liz Kelly

Headlines: Singer Brandy involved in fatal car crash... "Grey's Anatomy's" Isaiah Washington enters treatment facility... Ivana Trump says Donald/Rosie feud is all hype... Restaurant group calls K-Fed Super Bowl ad insulting... Katie Holmes, Posh Spice take on Paris (France, not Hilton)... Dakota Fanning lashes out at criticism of new movie... Anne Heche splits with husband after five years of marriage (is an on-set romance to blame?)... Tom Cruise, John Travolta on list of biggest celeb eco-sinners... Child star Jackie Earl Haley ("Little Children") jubilant over Oscar nomination... Keith Urban plans 33-city American tour... Van Halen reuniting with Diamond David Lee Roth for summer tour... Wu-Tang Clan working on new album... Snoop Dogg pleads not guilty to weapons possession charges... Pop singer Pete Burns (Dead or Alive) sues over botched lip implants (Warning: graphic photo).

Rumor Mill: Was Oprah Winfrey the target of a racial rant from Rachael Ray?... Jennifer Aniston gets new nose job; did Katie Holmes have hers tweaked, too?... Reports say Cameron Diaz like totally raged on Justin Timberlake after the Globes... Kate Hudson dating Jet frontman Nic Cester... Kirsten Dunst dating Drew Barrymore's ex Fabrizio Moretti... Brangelina not welcome at this year's World Economic Forum.

Far-fetched Report of the Day: Lindsay Lohan to auction removed appendix for charity.

Podcast: Movies editor Jen Chaney and I talk Oscar nominations with post.com podcast host Ed O'Keefe.

By Liz Kelly  | January 25, 2007; 7:58 AM ET
Categories:  Daily Mix
Save & Share:  Send E-mail   Facebook   Twitter   Digg   Yahoo Buzz   Del.icio.us   StumbleUpon   Technorati   Google Buzz   Previous: In Praise of Marky Mark
Next: Tyra Banks: A Lot to Love

Comments

Oh goodie. We get to see another example of how the laws of the common man don't apply to celebrities. If I rammed a car at 65mph, forcing that car into oncoming traffic, killing the driver, I'd be in jail.

Posted by: BF | January 25, 2007 8:51 AM | Report abuse

I'm confused. So Cam ditches Justin, then gets mad at him for hooking up with someone else? Does this rise even to the level of high school? Is she like feeling old or sumpin?

Posted by: Stick | January 25, 2007 9:01 AM | Report abuse

Now, now, we can't say Cruise is eco-unfriendly! He's Christ after all (see yesterday's celebritology)! He can just wave his magic wand and fix the earth, right?

Posted by: jan | January 25, 2007 9:10 AM | Report abuse

Love Posh's dress. Also love the comment about Katie wearing Bea Arthur's costume from Golden Girls! Tom must have picked that one out!
Shouldn't criticize the wife of Christ, though.

Posted by: Barb | January 25, 2007 9:14 AM | Report abuse

EWWWWWWW to LiLo and whoever thought of and decides to buy her rejected body part. Seriously people!!!!!

Posted by: bored.... | January 25, 2007 9:20 AM | Report abuse

"She wishes to publicly express her condolences to the family of the deceased," Barnes said"

I think this says it all. She can't even take the time to find out who she killed? It may have been an accident, but another poster is right, if I did that I would be "sitting up in my jail cell."

Posted by: Irish girl | January 25, 2007 9:27 AM | Report abuse

Posted by: 23112 | January 25, 2007 9:38 AM | Report abuse

"I'm sorry...is that gay rehab that Isaiah's going into? The mind boggles. I wonder what the treatments involve?"

He'll have a complete makeover done by the Queer Eye guys.

Posted by: BF | January 25, 2007 9:43 AM | Report abuse

yikes... poor pete burns.

Posted by: Anonymous | January 25, 2007 9:47 AM | Report abuse

You all are missing the news of the century....DAVID LEE ROTH IS TOURING W/VAN HALEN AGAIN!!!

I'll still believe it when I see it though.

Posted by: Bored @ Work | January 25, 2007 9:52 AM | Report abuse

The Rachel Ray story about her comments at a party after 4 glasses too many of Merlot was in 2005. Again, that's 2-0-0-5. Is the world of putting celebrities on pedestals and tearing them down so short on news that they need to regurge rumors from 2 years ago?

If Oprah decides to rebuke Rachel this late in the game, then not only does someone have something against Rachel for 2yo stories, Oprah isn't nearly the Saint she makes herself out to be.

"The Goddess of EVOO will not be denied!" :)

Posted by: Ken | January 25, 2007 10:17 AM | Report abuse

This Cameron Diaz in a jealous rage story is too one sided.

How come all these "eyewitnesses" know that Cameron was yelling for 45 minutes? Did they bring their stop-watches? Why are they timing people at party?

How can two people have an argument for 45 minutes, but only one person does all talking?

If Justin and Cameron did have an argument at the after party, then they both are to blame

Posted by: LIsa | January 25, 2007 10:27 AM | Report abuse

"He'll have a complete makeover done by the Queer Eye guys."

He'll be back on GA (hey, that's two-thirds of the way to GAY) in short shorts in no time.

Posted by: 23112 | January 25, 2007 10:29 AM | Report abuse

Anne Heche had a husband? I could have told you how THAT was going to end.

Posted by: Ed | January 25, 2007 11:28 AM | Report abuse

If there's a treatment center for narrow-minded schmucks, it's news to me.

Say something stupid, go to a 'treatment center'.

I better go check in now.

Posted by: Jay | January 25, 2007 11:54 AM | Report abuse

Kirsten Dunst is dating Drew Barrymore's ex Fabrizio Moretti??? Wow, he moved on fast...weren't they together for like 5 years or something? Jeez...

Posted by: Adrienne | January 25, 2007 12:18 PM | Report abuse

Well, a huge photo of yourself with lash-marks on your back is pretty gross.
I don't condone what Rachel R. may have said but thought for a long time Oprah needs to get over herself. After all, she's not God.... Tom Cruise is.

Posted by: Barb | January 25, 2007 1:02 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: Anna | January 25, 2007 1:04 PM | Report abuse

A one sided argument cant go on for 45 minutes? Have you ever been married?

Posted by: Stick | January 25, 2007 1:53 PM | Report abuse

"So there's over 6 billion people on the planet and 48% of them are men, and yet celebrities can only date each other's exes? It's like musical ex-boyfriends with all these young 'uns. I wonder if any of them are getting tested."

I think for them, it's kind of like a "normal" person dating within their social circle. All of my friends dated the same guys in high school and college. I don't think it's that weird. And just because Kiki happens to be dating around doesn't mean she's sleeping with these guys ; )

Posted by: Girl | January 25, 2007 4:22 PM | Report abuse

RE: the Brandy accident/fatality incident....why did it take nearly a month before this news came out? Doesn't California have local newspapers who do routine checks on the crime blotter? How could something like this pass them by. Of course, it's convenient now that Brandy's publicist is going to offer condolences. Heck, she's forced to now that the incident has gone public.

Posted by: cynthia t. | January 25, 2007 5:34 PM | Report abuse

Brandy is now facing a $50 million dollar wrongful dead lawsuit. I guess she will have to file for bankruptcy. She's not that rich.

Posted by: shoppingdiva | January 31, 2007 4:59 AM | Report abuse