Posted at 7:59 AM ET, 01/17/2007

Morning Mix: Brangelina Moving to New Orleans

By Liz Kelly

Headlines: Brangelina moving to New Orleans... Paula Abdul blames bizarre interview (see yesterday's Morning Mix) on audio snafu... Naomi Campbell pleads guilty to assault in cell phone throwing case... Keith Urban out of rehab, planning tour... Katherine Heigl upset with "Grey's Anatomy" co-star Isaiah Washington... Michael J. Fox to attend State of the Union next week... Courtney Love developing movie about dead husband Kurt Cobain... Jay-Z's Rocawear faux fur is actually raccoon-dog... Kevin Federline to "star" in Super Bowl ad... Denzel Washington tops list of America's favorite movie stars... Nick Lachey, Eva Mendes named "Fun Fearless Male and Female of the Year" (huh?)... Donald Trump gets star on Hollywood Walk of Fame... Bahamian officials plan formal inquiry into death of Daniel Smith... Daughter says Paul Sorvino pulled gun on ex-boyfriend... R. Kelly drops suit over security shack... Tara Reid set to produce movie.

Rumor Mill: Is Britney Spears pregnant again? And where is Jayden James Federline?... Jeremy Piven drops mom, picks up America's Next Top Model at Globes after party... Jessica Simpson and paparazzi horde asked to leave L.A. store... Is David Beckham planning to act?... Whitney Houston spotted on "date" with way younger dude.

By Liz Kelly  | January 17, 2007; 7:59 AM ET
Categories:  Daily Mix
Save & Share:  Send E-mail   Facebook   Twitter   Digg   Yahoo Buzz   Del.icio.us   StumbleUpon   Technorati   Google Buzz   Previous: Hollywood's Best Night
Next: Reality Check: B-List Stars Joining the Fray

Comments

Isn't Michael J. Fox Canadien? You know, from that country that has the best health care system in the world?

Posted by: BF | January 17, 2007 9:06 AM | Report abuse

Man, Britney sure is fertile. At least she has the brains enough to stay off the booze if she IS pregnant again. So much for that comeback, but she's only 2 short now of a new pop band!

BTW, not sure what "audio" Paula was talking about; she was wasted off something and that is clear to anyone. Nice excuse.

Posted by: sfl | January 17, 2007 9:37 AM | Report abuse

I don't care how ballsy I am, I'd soil myself if Paul Sorvino stuck a gun in my face.

Posted by: 23112 | January 17, 2007 9:38 AM | Report abuse

oh good...send brangelina to new orleans...she really does seem the voodoo type anyway. the other night she looked like a character out of an anne rice novel.

Posted by: a | January 17, 2007 9:40 AM | Report abuse

I don't know Paula well, but I'd have to say she seemed drunk or high. And if there are audio problems, how about saying "I have a problem here."
Still, I thought the Fox news anchors were way scary. I'd rather hang out with Paula any day.

Posted by: Barb | January 17, 2007 9:48 AM | Report abuse

From July 18, 2000:

Michael J. Fox Becomes American Citizen

Canadian-born Michael J. Fox has followed in the footsteps of Welsh-born actor Anthony Hopkins by swearing an oath and becomingan American citizen The actor who recently left his hit TV show Spin City to campaign for Parkinson's Disease, which he suffers from, has found it very difficult and has been "greatly bothered" by living in America but not being able to vote. Fox, who has lived in Atlanta, America for 20 years and whose wife and children are all American citizens, secretly swore the oath of allegiance earlier this year and is now reportedly looking forward to voting in the next general election.

Posted by: Columbia, MD | January 17, 2007 9:53 AM | Report abuse

Wow ... this is by far my favorite graph in the Federline article - I think Nationwide needs to have a chat with their PR team.

'Nationwide ad chief Steven Schreibman thinks divulging ad details now will add to the buzz for this commercial. "There's all this pent-up interest in Kevin Federline and his life -- pre-Britney and post-Britney and where he's going now."'

Posted by: BHG | January 17, 2007 10:03 AM | Report abuse

The masses should boycott Roccawear like Jay-Z on Cristal. How stupid. Makes you have more respect for Diddy. Or maybe it's just me.

Posted by: not bluto | January 17, 2007 10:08 AM | Report abuse

Paula may want to talk to Randy because he's giving a different party line. He said she was just really tired. Audio snafu is sooo much classier.

Why do people keep giving Federline jobs? He's only going to stick around and be that much harder to get rid of.

Britney is the gift that never stops giving. If she is preggers again, I've got money riding on some random guy being the daddy. Not the two we've heard of and to make it interesting the daddy is and was single when they met. That girl loves other women's men.

Posted by: Anonymous | January 17, 2007 10:27 AM | Report abuse

Thanks Columbia. Interesting, Fox gets Parkinson's and quickly becomes an American citizen. You'd think he'd go back to Canada to be treated by that far superior system. Where's Che? I think I just uncovered a massive conspiracy here.

Posted by: BF | January 17, 2007 10:30 AM | Report abuse

There are some people you just don't talk smack about and I think Michael J. Fox is one of them. Oooh Liz, make this a Friday Line (oops that's the Fix). Anyway, that list also includes Muhammud Ali and Jodie Foster. Haha.

Posted by: not bluto | January 17, 2007 10:40 AM | Report abuse

Bluto -- that's a good idea for a Friday List. Stay tuned...

BF -- Don't mention him by name or he may come back. Hmm, tho maybe you have to say it three times -- like Beetlejuice -- so we may be safe.

Posted by: Liz | January 17, 2007 11:07 AM | Report abuse

another "he who must remain nameless."

I gotta agree....Slurring words and bleary-eyed looks do not result from audio mixups.

Y'all lay off Britney. At least she's found something she's good at.

Posted by: b | January 17, 2007 11:21 AM | Report abuse

Not Bluto: Any "smack talk" was aimed at the people who insist Canada has the better health care system, not Michael J. Fox (unless of course he has stated Canada's system is better)

Posted by: BF | January 17, 2007 11:36 AM | Report abuse

Actually, MJF had Parkinson's before 2000, he just went public with it then. Once in a while, E! plays a THS on him, quite moving. Of course, I've always been a fan of his since his Alex P. Keaton days.

And why shouldn't he be a citizen? He lives here with his wife and kids and Hollywood pretty much made him. I say good for him for setting an example.

Posted by: Columbia, MD | January 17, 2007 11:55 AM | Report abuse

Why is it the most unsuitable, unattractive, please-stop-overpopulating-the-planet people are the ones who have the most kids? Hasn't Britney ever heard of a CONDOM, for crying out loud? Ick. Ick. Ick. You can take the girl outta the trailer, but you can't take the trailer outta the girl.

As for Brangelina, well, what's up with the never-can-stay-in-one-place-longer-than-5-minutes? How can Maddox go to school anywhere, the kid can't possibly have any book-learning if he is globe-trotting 24/7. I have money on all 3 of those kids, when they grow up, putting down roots and never moving again. Even children of military families have more security and stay in one place longer. Therapists should be on retainer for that "family" ...

I did think it was interesting to see how desperately vampire Angelina clung to Brad Pitt at the Golden Globes. She's every bit as insecure as I always thought she was. I figured she'd be tired of Pitt by now and be scanning the horizon for someone else's husband/fiancee to make off with.

Posted by: T.L. | January 17, 2007 12:54 PM | Report abuse

I guess it was too much to hope that a gal who shows her yoo-hoo to the photographers would use protection. I certainly hope young girls aren't following her example.

Posted by: Barb | January 17, 2007 1:23 PM | Report abuse

TL please review the context and find another way of saying what you mean: "You can take the girl outta the trailer, but you can't take the trailer outta the girl."

Posted by: Paging Dr Freud | January 17, 2007 1:27 PM | Report abuse

Jeez, I hope Becks isn't going to act. Have you ever heard his voice?

Posted by: Louise | January 17, 2007 1:44 PM | Report abuse

Paging Dr. Freud -- huh? I don't get what you mean. Britney is total trailer trash is what I was saying.

Posted by: TL | January 17, 2007 2:08 PM | Report abuse

At first, I thought the "raccoon dog" was a joke, but then I saw a photo.
I WANT ONE, and not as a collar on a fancy coat. Although, really, it can't be a Fancy Coat if it has dog fur on it, that's just so ghetto. Holla!
How did Eva beat our own Liz Kelly as 2006's Most Fun and Fearless Female? I voted 20 times!
Seriously, what IS going on with Paula Abdul? How many times can she say that she was misquoted, or there were technical difficulties, or her pain meds were kicking in? She's been acting weird for a while now (I'm not even going back to the duet with The Cartoon) -- can't someone force the truth out of her/Fox? She's either mentally unstable or shows up to work wasted, America will love her regardless but the truth needs to be told.
I want Paul Sorvino as my Daddy! He knows how to protect a girl, loves it.

Posted by: miss belle | January 17, 2007 3:47 PM | Report abuse

You go, Paul Sorvino!!! Love it.

Posted by: San Diego, CA | January 17, 2007 6:50 PM | Report abuse