Posted at 7:57 AM ET, 01/ 5/2007

Morning Mix: Lindsay Lohan's Appendix Wants Out

By Liz Kelly

UPDATE: Britney Spears posts new message on Web site saying she finally feels "free." -- 3:23 p.m. ET

Headlines: Lindsay Lohan to have appendix removed... Manager says Britney Spears having a "rocky moment"... Courtney Love lists New Year's resolutions (Sell the pony get a new horse?)... J.Lo tops list of influential Hispanics... Pam Anderson says she wants a man "with interests outside himself"... Justin Timberlake takes mom to movie premiere... Mario Lopez to host Miss America pageant... Survey says Eva Longoria had best hair of 2006... Celine Dion's Las Vegas show to close... Geraldo Rivera's show canceled... Ivanka Trump defends her father... Tyrese Gibson accused of punching pregnant girlfriend... Woman sues Oprah studio over show injury... Neighbors sue Charlton Heston over mudslide... SAG nominations announced... Creed's Scott Stapp and wife welcome baby girl.

Rumor Mill: Is Sherri Shepherd new "View" co-host?... O.J. Simpson's assets frozen by Goldman family... Jay-Z facing eviction from New York apartment... Leonardo DiCaprio to adopt African orphan?... Teri Hatcher credits planets with relieving period cramps.

Neato: Who knew Zeppo Marx patented a cardiac pulse rate monitor? Find out which other celebrities moonlight as inventors. (Via PopCandy)

By Liz Kelly  | January 5, 2007; 7:57 AM ET
Categories:  Daily Mix
Save & Share:  Send E-mail   Facebook   Twitter   Digg   Yahoo Buzz   Del.icio.us   StumbleUpon   Technorati   Google Buzz   Previous: Angelina Jolie: Purty as a Picture
Next: Friday List: Dumbest Movie Moments

Comments

Nobody will be surprised when they read that Courtney is back on the Horse.

Posted by: byoolin | January 5, 2007 9:10 AM | Report abuse

Pam Anderson, translated: "...but enough about me. What do you think about me?"

Posted by: byoolin | January 5, 2007 9:20 AM | Report abuse

Is there anything Linday won't do to loose those extra pounds?

Posted by: theskinnyscoop | January 5, 2007 9:52 AM | Report abuse

The gem of today's post comes from the very entertaining Courtney Love. Knowing that she will be chanting (I hope that's what she meant) for an end to the war, comforts me.

Today the award for the celeb ushering the crazy in 2007 goes to Britney, who is having a "rocky moment". I thought she was "enjoying her freedom". Freedom from the parasite, from the undies and least we forget, freedom from the babies she wanted to have at a young age. Come on now Britney, how are you going to get drunk pass out on New Years and then say you were tired.

Posted by: petal | January 5, 2007 10:25 AM | Report abuse

I'm somewhat grossed out at the fact that Penn Jillette patented a stimulation device for women. That does NOT stimulate me!

Posted by: LV | January 5, 2007 10:35 AM | Report abuse

Thanks, Petal - on your rec went to the Love resolutions link. Oy flippin' vey. She's OUT there. I mean, aren't we all, but she's *really* out there...

Posted by: Bogota | January 5, 2007 10:47 AM | Report abuse

Posted by: Bogota | January 5, 2007 10:48 AM | Report abuse

Posted by: Bogota | January 5, 2007 10:49 AM | Report abuse

Appendicitis?!?! Dang it! I had $100 on Cirrhosis of the liver being her first major ailment.

Posted by: BF | January 5, 2007 11:34 AM | Report abuse

I think LiLo's "appendicitis" is more like enforced rehab with cosmetic surgery and highlights and a pedicure.
J.Lo influential? Sure, now all latinas have grey roots, 100 pieces of matching luggage, zombie husbands and rich attorneys. The American Dream!
Pam Anderson wants a man with interests ouside of himself. So, uh, she wants a man with implants as big as hers?
I am so very surprised that Jigga rents, not owns. How is he respresentin'? Buy the damn apartment already!

Posted by: miss belle | January 5, 2007 1:23 PM | Report abuse

I'm a little confused by the fact that I'm about to defend Courtney Love, but here goes:

Her daughter is a fairly serious equestrian, I believe, and is probably about the age to be moving out of pony competition and into horses.

That's the only one I can help with, though. Sorry Courtney, you're on your own for the other 52.

Posted by: Cubeland | January 5, 2007 3:51 PM | Report abuse

The link to the Sherri Shepherd bit has updated itself to say the rumors of Shepherd getting the gig are not true.

Posted by: Squashed | January 5, 2007 6:00 PM | Report abuse