Posted at 8:52 AM ET, 01/19/2007

Morning Mix: Oprah Talks About Teenage Pregnancy

By Liz Kelly

Headlines: Oprah Winfrey, J.K. Rowling top list of richest women in entertainment... Oprah talks about teenage pregnancy... Isaiah Washington apologizes for inserting his foot in his homophobic mouth... Robert Redford demands an apology for Iraq war... Lindsay Lohan's mom says "everything is under control"... Mischa Barton says the "The O.C." was doomed without her... Naomi Campbell to guest star on "Ugly Betty"; former maid launches civil case against supermodel... Liza Minnelli, David Gest agree to no fault divorce... Madame Tussauds unveils "American Idol" wax figures... "Idol" hopeful Tommy Daniels has DUI, hit-and-run charges on record... Kelly Clarkson partners with NASCAR... Ted Nugent offends Texas inaugural ball attendees... Judge orders Jerry Seinfeld to pay $100,000 to real estate agent.

Rumor Mill: Britney Spears uninvited to Austrian ball... Diddy denied entry to post-Globes party... Ryan Seacrest says Angelina Jolie was mean to him... Brad Pitt mistakes reporter for Globe winner Jennifer Hudson... Victoria Beckham dismisses Scientology rumors... Paris Hilton hoping to correct drooping eyelid... Cameron Diaz rebounding with surf champ Kelly Slater?... Courtney Love tries Internet dating service. Maybe she should e-mail Alec Baldwin.

By Liz Kelly  | January 19, 2007; 8:52 AM ET
Categories:  Daily Mix
Save & Share:  Send E-mail   Facebook   Twitter   Digg   Yahoo Buzz   Del.icio.us   StumbleUpon   Technorati   Google Buzz   Previous: Britney vs. K-Fed: You Be the Judge
Next: Friday List: Worst-Rhyming Lyrics Ever?

Comments

Ted Nugent offend people? Inconceivable!!

Posted by: BF | January 19, 2007 9:25 AM | Report abuse

If your 20 year old is entering rehab, everything is not going great. It's no wonder Lindsay Lohan's life is out of control, she hasn't had an active parent figure for a while. This woman needs to be a mother first, publicist and friend second.

Posted by: MC | January 19, 2007 9:32 AM | Report abuse

Oh yeah, give me a break. As if Ted Nugent's act was a surprise. Probably 2 people were offended out of 600.

Posted by: Barb | January 19, 2007 9:36 AM | Report abuse

- Good for Cameron Diaz, she has found someone better suited for her. I think Justin Timberlake's publicist is spinning the after-party fight to make her look bad, when they both are to blame.

-I would date Alec Baldwin. He has a good sense of humor and doesn't take himself too seriously, but I hear he has a temper so I would not be thinking long term.

- I wasn't at inaugural ball and I'm offended by Ted Nugent. Cut-off T-shirt and a prop gun at a black-tie gala, that's just plain God-awful. Even, Jesse James from "Monster Garage" knows how to dress for a black tie event.

Posted by: Lisa | January 19, 2007 10:07 AM | Report abuse

Memo to Mischa Barton:

Shut. The. Eff. Up. Because, right, your star-power was the only thing holding that show together. Get a grip.

Actually, Season 4 has been a nice change from your last 2 seasons on the show. By which I mean, you know, actually entertaining.

[end of rant]

Posted by: WishesHeWasBluto | January 19, 2007 10:49 AM | Report abuse

if you're offended by the Nuge, then you don't know who the Nuge is, man. Ted is a crackpot redneck, who might be a little psychotic, or he might just be one of the most clever political satirists of his generation. But one thing the Nuge is, is over the top, and if you're going to invite him to a party, you better expect that.

Posted by: pete | January 19, 2007 11:08 AM | Report abuse

sorry to double post, but I love this quote for its ridiculousness:

"Nugent, a hunting and gun-rights advocate, couldn't be reached for comment Thursday because he was hunting, a spokeswoman said."

Now thats America!

Posted by: pete | January 19, 2007 11:12 AM | Report abuse

For the Isaiah Washington comment: John Mayer just posted on his blog the most awesome solution: for ABC to make his character come out as a gay man.

Genius!!!!!

Posted by: Anonymous | January 19, 2007 11:20 AM | Report abuse

I think the Katherine Heigel character should take her $ and her compassion and spinoff another show where she's a doctor in an medically underserved area and can be paid in chickens, or bartered services or something. And she can take her little gay buddy with her.

Posted by: Stick | January 19, 2007 12:55 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: Stick | January 19, 2007 12:55 PM | Report abuse

Too hilarious that Victoria Beckham kicked wacko Cruise to the curb re. Scientology. Thank God!!

And much as I don't care for the stick figure, I am grateful she knows how to exit a car properly (i.e., keeping her legs together ... )

If the rumor is true about Cam and Kelly Slater, you go, girl.

Posted by: San Diego | January 19, 2007 1:10 PM | Report abuse

It sounds like Jerry Seinfeld was sucked into a Seinfeld episode.

"But I don't wanna have a real estate agent who won't show houses on Saturday afternoons!..."

Posted by: Chasmosaur | January 19, 2007 1:25 PM | Report abuse

Making Washington's character gay is brilliant! Not only gay, but a bottom!!
The Seinfeld realtor drama reads like an episode of "Seinfeld." I can just hear him saying, "...who observes the Sabbath anymore?"
Diddy was dressed like a waiter, I might've denied him entry too. Well, I prolly woulda insisted he bring me a drink, and when he threw attitude I'd throw him out.
Posh really should consider becoming a Scientologist -- their wardrobes are smashing!
Ryan Seacrest is lucky that only Angelina was mean to him, grrrrr.
And Brad Pitt?! Well, at least he was offering congratulations and not trying to pick her up. Although, you know, maybe he was doing both...
I demand an apology from Redford for all the wrinkles -- he couldn't afford some sunscreen back in the day?!

Posted by: miss belle | January 19, 2007 1:55 PM | Report abuse

Lilo's mom has no understanding of what "under control" means. When your once adorable daughter turns into a boozing (and Lord only knows what else) gossip staple who's always in the hospital for club related medical issues, finally enters rehab (let's hope it sticks), that means that she's out of control. The act doesn't mean that everything is under control.

Posh and Becks just gotta join Scientology. If she doesn't Tom won't let Katie keep her as a friend. Then you'll she hang out with? Come on now Posh think of someone other than yourself. It's not like the cost is that high.

Posted by: petal | January 19, 2007 2:33 PM | Report abuse

I swear you are the funniest posters I have EVER read. Stick, I love the Heigel spin-off idea.

And yes--you hire T. Nugent--you know what you're in for.

Posted by: Cracking Up | January 19, 2007 2:49 PM | Report abuse

Sorry--had to post again. I want to see Naomi Campbell guest as Vanessa William's maid on Ugly Betty.

Posted by: Cracking Up | January 19, 2007 2:51 PM | Report abuse

Where's Rosie in all this Grey's stuff? Or is she saving it for next week's ratings?

Posted by: Wondering... | January 19, 2007 4:42 PM | Report abuse