Posted at 7:44 AM ET, 02/ 8/2007

Morning Mix: Lohan Parties Her Way Through Rehab

By Liz Kelly

Headlines: Teri Hatcher denies Botox and surgery rumors... Brangelina buy apartment in Berlin, Germany... The Police to reunite at Sunday's Grammys for performance of "Roxanne"... Because it's all about the movies, man, Celine Dion to unveil new song at Oscars... Mandy Moore says it took time to accept her size (I, on the other hand, accepted her size long ago)... Jermaine Dupri to head up Island Record Urban Music division... National Boycott of Paris Hilton Movement asks FILA to drop socialite's endorsement... Judge gives Anna Nicole Smith Feb. 21 deadline for paternity test... Judge may allow Phil Spector trial to be televised... "Idol" hopeful with drug history disinvited from Hollywood round... Fugitive Daniel Baldwin surfaces in Detroit... Pink pays tribute to dead dog with new tattoo.

Rumor Mill: Lindsay Lohan adds clubbing to her rehab regimen... Ryan O'Neal, son blame each other for weekend incident; what's all this about a dog run?... Prince's Super Bowl babushka for sale on eBay (and why didn't he get electrocuted during Sunday's rainy performance)... Britney Spears pulls an all-nighter partying in Manhattan; K-Fed buddy claims Spears held "same-sex parties"... Courtney Love's "Idol" invite was limited to Nirvana tribute night... Jim Carrey says he'll never marry girlfriend Jenny McCarthy... Jane Fonda and Sally Field make pact to forego plastic surgery... Mark Wahlberg hints at "Departed" sequel.

Live Chat: Don't forget to join me today at 2 p.m. ET for the weekly Celebritology Live discussion. We'll talk "Lost," Ralph Macchio, Britney's latest escapades and, well, pretty much anything.

By Liz Kelly  | February 8, 2007; 7:44 AM ET
Categories:  Daily Mix
Save & Share:  Send E-mail   Facebook   Twitter   Digg   Yahoo Buzz   Del.icio.us   StumbleUpon   Technorati   Google Buzz   Previous: Ready to Get 'Lost' Again?
Next: Lost Episode 7 Analysis: It's Back, Baby

Comments

This "National Boycott of Paris Hilton Movement" sounds like a cheesy rip-off of the Alice's Restaurant Anti-Massacree Movement, if you ask me (without the shovels and rakes and implements of destruction, of course).
And does anyone still wear Fila gear, anyway? Isn't that a little like boycotting the dial telephone?

Posted by: byoolin | February 8, 2007 8:39 AM | Report abuse

You should make a clarification. Jane Fonda & Sally Field agreed to forego any MORE plastic surgery.

Posted by: Egregious | February 8, 2007 9:10 AM | Report abuse

Lindsay Lohan is as addicted to the attention she gets from her substance abuse as she is to the substances themselves...

Posted by: jj | February 8, 2007 9:10 AM | Report abuse

Which poster was saddened to learn the Patrick Swayze lyrics to, "She's like the wind". Well you maybe happy to know that Neyo (I think he's the one) has done a remake of the very song. Someone's rapping on it as well but, it does start off with "she's like the wind thru my tree". I heard it on a B'more station but I'm sure it's going to get rotation somewhere else and maybe even a video. I know that's off topic but I just had to share.

Posted by: petal | February 8, 2007 9:27 AM | Report abuse

Egregious is correct. Vintage Americans learned about it several months ago in AARP magazine.

Posted by: mark | February 8, 2007 9:37 AM | Report abuse

Ugh - "Roxanne"? Come ON...The Police do what they swore they'd never do again - play in public - and they have to pick the one song of theirs I could really do without ever hearing again. (Well, that and "Mother".) What, Sting didn't get enough out of being required to play that at every concert from 1987 onwards? I was hoping they'd do a medley of songs from across the five albums. To think, I was actually excited over something at the Grammys (the locus of my awards-show hatred!)...I should have known better!

Posted by: J | February 8, 2007 9:55 AM | Report abuse

"Britney was into threesomes and girls,"

And suddenly, Britney's image skyrockets in the eyes of men everywhere.

Posted by: BF | February 8, 2007 10:32 AM | Report abuse

Only Lindsay Lohan would use a rehab center as a place to crash after a night of partying.

Posted by: Lisa | February 8, 2007 10:37 AM | Report abuse

I'd rather hear the Police do "Can't Stand Losing You" or, well, just about ANYTHING but "Roxanne."

Still, it's pretty cool they're doing it at all. I was wondering how they were gonna top having Sly Stone last year.

Posted by: Bored @ work | February 8, 2007 10:43 AM | Report abuse

Forgot to mention the whole Courtney Love/Idol thing.

The thought of ANY of those Idol kids doing ANY Nirvana song is just wrong on so many levels. I'm not even a big Nirvana fan & I don't wanna hear them butcher Nirvana the way some of them butchered Queen & Stevie Wonder last season.

Posted by: Bored @ work | February 8, 2007 10:45 AM | Report abuse

I'm surprised no one has commented on Lindsay's outfit, so I will: YUCK!
Looks like she has Mickey Mouse shorts on! With booties! Is she an elf?

Posted by: Barb | February 8, 2007 11:18 AM | Report abuse

I forgot, to mention Mandy Moore. What size is she referring to? The chick hasn't gain a lot of weight. She might have gone from a size 2 to a size 6 or 7 but that is not any kind of weight gain to have to accept.

For the love, give me the darn cotton swab. I'll find Anna Nicole, get the sample and end this paternity business right here right now. Bet you on the 21st, that thing gets pushed back, again.

There goes my money on Daniel Baldwin pulling a white bronco ride down the LA highway.

So Britney had same sex parties if I had a penny for everytime.... What would be a surprise is her pulling an all dayer being a mom.

Posted by: petal | February 8, 2007 11:21 AM | Report abuse

Ha! petal, that was me (on the She's like the Wind lyrics) - thanks for the update - I will have to keep my ears open!

Posted by: W | February 8, 2007 11:31 AM | Report abuse

Liz,
Justin Timberlake performed a "Christmas Classic" at last night concert, and the audience cheered!

Posted by: Lisa | February 8, 2007 12:18 PM | Report abuse

If Teri Hatcher hasn't had any Botox or surgery, why is one eye noticeably bigger than the other and doesn't close? I remember her on Seinfeld years ago and her eye was not like that.

Posted by: San Diego | February 8, 2007 12:44 PM | Report abuse

So it's Europe now for Brangelina? What happened to Africa? Thought she wanted to live there? Oh wait, didn't they just buy a mansion in New Orleans? I hope the door doesn't hit them on the way out, maybe if they move to Europe (at least for 5 minutes or so) their dysfunctional quasi-family won't get any more press coverage here.

Posted by: A.R. | February 8, 2007 12:47 PM | Report abuse

I believe Teri when she says she's never had surgery or botox.

Posted by: Barry Bonds | February 8, 2007 4:24 PM | Report abuse