Posted at 3:48 PM ET, 02/21/2007

Oops, She Did It Again: Britney Leaves Rehab

By Liz Kelly

Apologies for not posting this sooner, but that Paris Hilton midget thing scared me off for a good long while:

The Associated Press is reporting that "Britney Spears left a live-in drug rehabilitation facility early Wednesday, less than a day after checking in, according to several reports."

TMZ.com is also investigating a report that Spears tried to hit a tattoo parlor on her way home, but it was closed. Last week, Spears spent one day in the Crossroads rehab facility in Antigua.

Unless she checks into a Hard Rock Hotel and Casino, I'll save further details for tomorrow's Morning Mix.

By Liz Kelly  | February 21, 2007; 3:48 PM ET
Categories:  Britney Spears, Celebrities
Save & Share:  Send E-mail   Facebook   Twitter   Digg   Yahoo Buzz   Del.icio.us   StumbleUpon   Technorati   Google Buzz   Previous: Paris Hilton and Midgets and Goats, Oh My
Next: Morning Mix: K-Fed Calls Emergency Custody Hearing

Comments

I can't believe I'm saying this, but is it possible that K-Fed was a stabilizing influence on Britney??

Posted by: Not That Liz | February 21, 2007 4:40 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: Not That Liz | February 21, 2007 4:43 PM | Report abuse

What is there to say here that hasnt been said - other than the idea that Brit and Ace Frehley aren't lookin good in the deadpool this year...

Posted by: Quintilius Varus | February 21, 2007 4:53 PM | Report abuse

Actually, I think part of this might be some form of massive postpartum depression.

She had two children inside one calendar year; her body never really had time to adjust from the first child. Top that off with the continuous stress, she can't be a happy camper.

Her family should really have her sit down with her physician if they can't make her stay in rehab.

Posted by: Chasmosaur | February 21, 2007 6:09 PM | Report abuse

OK, time for someone else to step up and ruin their lives for the peoples' amusement:
- Tara Reid got publicly double-humped by Akon & anon;
- Lindsay Lohan sorta kinda did/is doing the rehab thing;
- Lisa Nowak diapered up, wigged out, and tooled on over to FLA w/ her special new steel mallet and rubber tubing;
- Anna Nicole Smith tried to trump them all by up and dying; and,
- Brit-wit, well, seems to be going for the full-body cueball look, but can't commit to a full 24 hours' worth of celeb rehab.

It's time, time for someone new.

Hilary Duff? I'm looking at you, Hilary Duff...

Posted by: Thor | February 21, 2007 10:08 PM | Report abuse

Get out of Iraq.

Posted by: Andy | February 21, 2007 10:25 PM | Report abuse

Actually, here's a question:

When you go into rehab, doesn't that mean you STAY in rehab? I mean, don't they pretty much force you to stay there?

Posted by: Chasmosaur | February 21, 2007 11:49 PM | Report abuse

So I hear that Brit shaved her head becuase Kevin was going to ask for a drug test and we all know that the hair tells all. Liz, please verify this for me!

Posted by: Arlington, VA | February 22, 2007 12:11 AM | Report abuse

So I hear that Brit shaved her head because Kevin was going to ask for a drug test and we all know that the hair tells all. Liz, please verify this for me!

Posted by: Arlington, VA | February 22, 2007 12:14 AM | Report abuse