Posted at 10:46 AM ET, 02/21/2007

Paris Hilton and Midgets and Goats, Oh My

By Liz Kelly

(Photo Illustration courtesy Worth1000.com)

With all the heavy news we've had lately -- Anna Nicole's death, Britney's rehab and the bust up of the Van Halen reunion that never got off the ground anyway -- my mind was ripe for distraction.

So, let me tell you how this went down. I was minding my own business, clicking around the New York Post when I read the following sentence about Paris Hilton's 26th birthday party:

After downing TY KU liquor and bottles of Dom Perignon, guests reported seeing Hilton play with a monkey while a band of midgets led a pack of goats around the room. (Full Item)

Immediately recognizing that my 26th birthday party did not include midgets, goats or monkeys, my finely-tuned Celebritologist sixth sense knew there was something here worth investigating. So, because it's my job (hey, someone has to do it) to probe these things while Chris Cillizza is busy writing about important stuff, I hastened over to Google to see what I could find out about the link between celebrities and midgets.

Expecting to find some kind of list of celebrities with midget sidekicks (Johnny Knoxville and Wee-man, Kid Rock and Joe C., Dr. Evil and Mini-Me), I found something much more disturbing: This Worth1000 gallery of celebrities with PhotoShopped mini-clones.

All I can do, gentle readers, is pass the link on to you as yet another example of the power celebrity has to make us be ridiculously crass. I would go into a long dissertation, but I find my only recourse to retain some small shred of sanity is a pedicure.

By Liz Kelly  | February 21, 2007; 10:46 AM ET
Categories:  Hollyweird, Miscellaneous, Pop Culture
Save & Share:  Send E-mail   Facebook   Twitter   Digg   Yahoo Buzz   Del.icio.us   StumbleUpon   Technorati   Google Buzz   Previous: Morning Mix: Britney Enters Rehab
Next: Oops, She Did It Again: Britney Leaves Rehab

Comments

It seems like Paris Hilton is some sort of evil svengali of disaster/rehab. Everyone she touches seems to start on a (or engage in a much more rapid) descent into addiction followed by rehab. Former BFF Nicole Richie: heroin addition and/or eating disorder, followed by rehab and/or treatment. Lindsey Lohan: starts to party with Paris, sustains multiple party injuries, has several embarrassing drunken incidents, goes to rehab (kind of). Britney Spears: hangs out with Paris for just one weekend (or was it a week), becomes total disaster, shaves head, goes to rehab.

Does Paris have some magical evil powers, and does she get them from monkeys, goats, and/or midgets?

Posted by: Northerner | February 21, 2007 12:39 PM | Report abuse

Midget, goats and monkeys aren't they her entourage.

Posted by: Lisa | February 21, 2007 12:41 PM | Report abuse

George Carlin once said you could make up a sentence that no-one ever would have said before in the entire history of the world. Even George couldn't have predicted this, though:

"...guests reported seeing Hilton play with a monkey while a band of midgets led a pack of goats around the room."

Posted by: byoolin | February 21, 2007 1:23 PM | Report abuse

"Guests reported seeing Hilton play with a monkey while a band of midgets led a pack of goats around the room."
Was it a birthday party or bad Fellini homage?

Posted by: NellieOlesen | February 21, 2007 1:42 PM | Report abuse

Funny story, but could copywriters please retire the tired "X, Y and Z, oh my!" headlines? It's beyond cliched.

Posted by: JR | February 21, 2007 5:10 PM | Report abuse

Poor monkey. Probably had to schedule a precautionary vet visit for a Valtrex prescription after that.

Posted by: Thor | February 21, 2007 9:49 PM | Report abuse

Should the Post really be giving her publicity in view of her displays of racism? Here's one video clip: http://www.ifilm.com/video/2820174 I don't know how long this clip will be up -- just google Hilton and "n word" and you'll find working clips.

Posted by: PM | February 21, 2007 9:57 PM | Report abuse