Posted at 10:43 AM ET, 02/ 7/2007

Ready to Get 'Lost' Again?

By Liz Kelly

Tonight on "Lost": Not in Portland -- Jack is in command as the fate of Ben's life literally rests in his hands.

But do we care?

Yet another chance to post this photo of Sawyer (Josh Holloway). (Photo courtesy ABC)

It feels like forever since we talked about "Lost" here on Nov. 9. Still, a lot has happened in the intervening weeks -- the holidays, the return of "24" and "American Idol," the kickoff of the Hollywood awards season and, speaking of kickoffs -- the Super Bowl. A few new shows have also quietly crept into our daily routines -- "Ugly Betty" and "Heroes" emerged as keepers from last fall's cornucopia of pilots. Me, I've used the time to Netflix some of my favorite old shows (and am here to testify that the "Larry Sanders Show" is still puts latter-day imitators to shame -- sorry Tina Fey).

With all the time we've had to develop other interests, it would take a revealing shocker of massive proportion to rope me back into the "Losties" orbit (Damon Lindelof and Carlton Cuse, I'm talking to you) and convince me that the new later time slot (10 p.m. ET on ABC) is worth the sacrifice of an hour normally devoted to crossword puzzles or books.

Still, I will watch and tomorrow morning we'll resume the weekly post-show blogging to pick apart plot, rag on Kate and post hot pictures of Josh Holloway. One programming note: I may be solo blogging for a while as my partner in "Lost" blogging, Jen Chaney, is currently doing her best impression of Claire from season one, episode 20.

Will you be watching tonight or has "Lost" lost you? Vote in today's poll.

If you do plan to dive back in, you might want to spend your lunch hour (wink wink) catching up on where we left off back in November...

-- Archive of weekly dueling analyses from Celebritology.
-- Re-watch the six fall shows in their entirety online.
-- If you can't stream video at work, ABC also offers text-based episode guides (that don't appear to be Firefox friendly).
-- For a non-official catch-up, Pop Sugar offers this fabulous bullet-point synopsis of where each character stands as we return to the story.

Finally, ABC hopes to build excitement for the 10 p.m. premiere with an hour-long special at 9 p.m. "Lost Survival Guide" (also available online), which promises to "provide an insightful glimpse into the lives of some of the survivors of the doomed Oceanic Airlines flight 815." (I'll be watching "Idol.")

See you on the other side and, don't forget to join me tomorrow at 2 p.m. ET for the new weekly chat. We'll talk "Lost" in the last 15 minutes.

By Liz Kelly  | February 7, 2007; 10:43 AM ET
Categories:  Lost, TV
Save & Share:  Send E-mail   Facebook   Twitter   Digg   Yahoo Buzz   Del.icio.us   StumbleUpon   Technorati   Google Buzz   Previous: Morning Mix: Aguilera Describes 'Naked Sundays'
Next: Morning Mix: Lohan Parties Her Way Through Rehab

Comments

I'm debating whether to start watching this tripe only so I can participate in these rants.

Posted by: not bluto | February 7, 2007 11:15 AM | Report abuse

Wait a tick. Lost comes on tonight?
I knew I was pissed this morning for reasons other than D.C. towing my frigging car.

Yeah, I'm ready. They better have a good start. Like Kate getting slapped for being so stupid as to think about going back for Jack. She wasn't thinking about him when she was getting it on with Sawyer in the dirty a$% cave. Who has sex in a cave as a captive. Come on now!

Posted by: petal | February 7, 2007 11:19 AM | Report abuse

Who cares anymore. Lisa deMoreas had it right in her column today, they've just opened too many questions and the writers are too arrogant to even remotely care about the viewers. I like the stat about how there are currently 200 issues that the show has opened and has yet to answer. I was definately not going to watch if it remained at 9, but I may watch at 10 if I'm in in a TV watching mood and nothing else strikes my fancy.

Posted by: Chris | February 7, 2007 11:23 AM | Report abuse

cage, I meant to type cage. Rant and review Petal, rant and review.

Posted by: petal | February 7, 2007 11:24 AM | Report abuse

I'm going to watch, and yes I'm excited, but if they don't give me some answers ASAP, I will throw something (and probably still continue to watch).

I hope they get back to Pen and those Portuguese fellas tonight.

Posted by: Emmie | February 7, 2007 11:36 AM | Report abuse

Personally, I've given up on Lost and have enjoyed the new "Heroes"

Posted by: bored.... | February 7, 2007 11:40 AM | Report abuse

I will be watching tonight... I guess Im a sucker for mysteries and torture but I missed Lost a little bit during its hiatus. If anyone is interested, there is Entertainment Weekly has a Q and A with the producers of the show at http://www.ew.com/ew/article/0,,20011035,00.html?cnn=yes

Posted by: md | February 7, 2007 11:47 AM | Report abuse

I never watched before and don't intend to start now. Am looking forward to Criminal Minds, though. (Even though it was SO obvious from the beginning that James van der Beek was doing both voices in Sunday's episode...)

Posted by: not me | February 7, 2007 11:53 AM | Report abuse

Hey not me,

I started watching Criminal Minds but the short attention span sent me in another direction. What did Patrick Swayze's brother have to do with it cause I saw him in a scene?

Posted by: off subject | February 7, 2007 12:06 PM | Report abuse

I'll be TiVo'ing and watching later in the week. 2 years ago, I would have been all over a LOST show during sweeps. But the first 6 episodes were disappointing, and I used this break time to "just relax" and not think about the boring Jack-Kate-Sawyer love traingle. I'm usually falling asleep by the time 10:15 rolls around anyway.

Posted by: Anonymous | February 7, 2007 12:07 PM | Report abuse

Oh you have to watch and blog, this is now the best part of the show!

Posted by: Sam888 | February 7, 2007 12:14 PM | Report abuse

Crap. Lost is starting again? This means that I now have to endure the weekly meeting of various coworkers RIGHT OUTSIDE MY CUBE who dissect every little plot point and have group nerdgasms discussing their various conspiracy theories. It's WAY more fun when they talk about Battlestar Galactica!

Posted by: janie | February 7, 2007 1:09 PM | Report abuse

i plan to tivo lost and watch later so i can watch criminal minds -- which one was patrick swayze's brother?

Posted by: b | February 7, 2007 1:17 PM | Report abuse

Janie loved your phrase of group nerdgasms....spit diet dr. pepper all over my desk....thank you for the laugh, I needed that.

Posted by: Sharon | February 7, 2007 1:37 PM | Report abuse

I'll be watching Lost.

I know many people complain that there are too many questions, but for me, that's part of its appeal. I'm not one of these people that obsessively looks for the details and nitpicks the plots, but I find the show's oddities immensely appealing.

It is not the show that it was in Season 1, and killing off Eko annoyed me since that was such a wonderful character, but things change. The issue here is whether or not you like the direction the change is going.

At this point, I'm kind of like someone from the 19th century waiting for the next chapter of David Copperfield - I just want to see how it's going to end!

Besides - do you think we could have gotten Heros without Lost? It may not be as fresh as it was, but it started a great trend away from the heavy reality show rotation that had been going on on network TV for a while.

Posted by: Chasmosaur | February 7, 2007 2:33 PM | Report abuse

Congrats to Jen!

We'll watch, but tomorrow. The Duke-UNC game is on tonight, and that beats even the return of Lost. I had totally forgotten about Nikki and Paulo.

Posted by: Arlington, VA | February 7, 2007 2:50 PM | Report abuse

I'm giving Lost six episodes to get its act together. I "really liked" season 1. The first few episodes of season 2 were the best TV I've ever watched. The rest of it was at worst very good.

Then came that awful six-episode "mini season." What the hell? The story moves even more slowly than before. Whose bright idea was it to shoot most of the scenes in a dark tank while two characters talk to each other through glass??!?!?!?!? What could have been greatness instead turned into idiocy. Several plotlines now contradict each other. And my favorite all-time TV character, Eko, was killed in a fit of writing stupidity.

Out of loyalty, I'll give it a few more weeks. But if it doesn't improve...and fast...I'm on to other things. Heroes quite nicely fills the void. And accomplishes two things Lost doesn't: 1) the story line actually moves along, somewhat; and 2) they answer many of the small mysteries along the way to answering the bigger ones.

With Lost, I always feel like for every one answer we get, we get 20 or 30 new questions.

Posted by: DallasTX | February 7, 2007 2:56 PM | Report abuse

I'm all about Lost. I don't necessarily care what happens in the story, though I am hoping for episodes more like Season 1. I love these characters and I have to know what happens to them, even if its boring and frustrating sometimes. My bottom line: if they kill off Sawyer or Jack, I'm done.

Posted by: Andrea | February 7, 2007 3:32 PM | Report abuse

Also, I'm seriously considering buying a big cage.

Posted by: Andrea | February 7, 2007 3:33 PM | Report abuse

To me, LOST is a great show and continues to be. So what if they took a break? All shows take breaks. I wish all the people who don't want to watch the show would just stop watching and let the rest of us enjoy it!

Posted by: Emily | February 7, 2007 4:07 PM | Report abuse

Personally, I'm waiting for this season to come out on DVD, and then I'll watch it all at once. How else are you supposed to keep track of the world's most complicated plot?

Posted by: cj | February 7, 2007 4:34 PM | Report abuse

totally agree with cj, much easier to watch all at once. BUT, i'll watch it on TV now, then rewatch this summer when the DVD's come out. I'm sure I'll see things I missed while watching on TV.

Posted by: i agree | February 7, 2007 4:50 PM | Report abuse

umm, petal, I'd give my right arm to get down and dirty with Sawyer in a cave while captive...

Posted by: vjl | February 7, 2007 5:54 PM | Report abuse

Lost is still the best show on TV -- period. Stop griping and start watching...

Posted by: Steve | February 8, 2007 11:02 AM | Report abuse