Posted at 7:49 AM ET, 03/21/2007

Morning Mix: Britney Leaves Rehab

By Liz Kelly

Headlines: Britney Spears checks out of rehab... Angelina Jolie leaves Vietnam with adopted son; tabloid publishes first photos of mother and son... Bahamian judge orders paternity test for Anna Nicole Smith's baby... Keanu Reeves grazes paparazzo with car... Adam Sandler fills in for ailing David Letterman... George Foreman to judge wanna-be inventors... Pamela Anderson says she's better off single... Halle Berry says she'll never marry again... Bernie Mac plans to retire from standup... Former Brady Christopher Knight (Peter) opens up tattoo removal company... Mary-Kate Olsen, what have you done to yourself?

Rumor Mill: Allegedly drunk Vince Vaughn disturbs diners at restaurant... Was Simon Cowell and Ryan Seacrest's "Idol" spat scripted?... Lindsay Lohan buys dogs to keep her sober, spurns Wilmer Valderrama's new advances... Paris Hilton splits from Stavros Niarchos again. Yawn... Victoria Beckham, who can apparently read, plans to start Hollywood book club... Janice Dickinson banned from fashion shows... Ricky Gervais to bring "Extras" to an end... Lou Diamond Philips wants to star in "Breakfast Club" remake.

P.S. In case you haven't seen it yet, someone had a video camera handy when Lily Tomlin and director David O. Russell freaked out on the set of "I (Heart) Huckabees." (Warning: Strong language, not office or kid appropriate.)

Celebritology field agent Mike Million contributed to this report.

By Liz Kelly  | March 21, 2007; 7:49 AM ET
Categories:  Daily Mix
Save & Share:  Send E-mail   Facebook   Twitter   Digg   Yahoo Buzz   Del.icio.us   StumbleUpon   Technorati   Google Buzz   Previous: Reality Check: 'Dancing With the Stars'
Next: Nostalgia Redux: Evil Grimace

Comments

At least Mary Kate was at a grocery store....

Posted by: Anonymous | March 21, 2007 9:21 AM | Report abuse

Why in the world would they remake The Breakfast Club? What's next, Say Anything?

Posted by: Anonymous | March 21, 2007 9:39 AM | Report abuse

Oh no, I don't think Lilo buying puppies is such a great idea, when she can't take care of herself. Jack Russell puppies are really hard to take care of and need a lot of attention. Not a good item for an "impulse buy."

Posted by: Barb | March 21, 2007 9:49 AM | Report abuse

Are we taking bets yet for Britney's next self-destructive act? My money's on something arising from the "rehab romance". Either she's pregnant with his kid or she'll be beating the tar out of his car with Jayden's stroller.

Posted by: Ken | March 21, 2007 10:00 AM | Report abuse

Those Olsen twins get wierder looking all the time. They need to get out and get to work on something, interact with people closer to normal more. I think they are becoming like MJ, with wierd plastic surgeries and bizarro pastimes.

Posted by: Stick | March 21, 2007 10:01 AM | Report abuse

- For Paparazzi: Before you going throw yourself front of a celebrity's car, please spend sometime in a supermarket, a park or any place toddlers hang out performed. As any parent knows falling down to gain attention is highly skilled art form. You will gain tips on technique, style and form so your next run in with celebrity's car can be successful.

-If Vince Vaughn is having problems meeting women, it is because he going to the wrong places. He should try Promises. He can sober up, beat depression, romp in the bushes and find rehab girl all in one place.

P.S. Why would you let your child get an autograph from a man having a public meltdown?????

Posted by: Lisa1 | March 21, 2007 10:17 AM | Report abuse

LOVE the clip from the I Heart Huckabees set. What I think is funny about it is that Tomlin almost sounds like she's reciting dialogue. She sounds like she's in an Altman film (she was awesome in Nashville), and then you never exactly see the moment that Russell loses it, but holy cow. Somehow I can't picture Wes Anderson doing that. :)

Posted by: 23112 | March 21, 2007 10:18 AM | Report abuse

And waitaminute...so LiLo bought a dog but stiff-armed Wilmer? I wonder which one would sniff her crotch first?

Posted by: 23112 | March 21, 2007 10:20 AM | Report abuse

Of all the child actors I thought the Olsens would be fine. They got into college (by the way when are they graduating?)Their finances weren't looted by the parents and yet still something is off.

Posted by: petal | March 21, 2007 10:21 AM | Report abuse

I believe Ashley is still attending NYU, but Mary Kate dropped out during her bout with anorexia.

Posted by: Re: Olsens & School | March 21, 2007 10:25 AM | Report abuse

Holy cow! the Huckabees clip eclipses everything else in today's post. I've heard of freaking out, hell I've even done it a couple times but that director has set the bar high. Wonder what actually set him off. That one gets bookmarked.

Posted by: carmen | March 21, 2007 10:26 AM | Report abuse

Remake of the Breakfast Club..hmmm...interesting that Lou Diamond Phillips would want to be in a flick w/the word "club" in the title.

Coinky-dink? I think NOT!!

Posted by: Bored @ work | March 21, 2007 11:56 AM | Report abuse

Is Mary-Kate the one that looks like Chloe Sevigny?

Posted by: Yipes | March 21, 2007 12:26 PM | Report abuse

I've wondered for awhile why the Olsen twins look like drug-addled homeless persons, and why they slouch so much, have sunken raccoon eyes and never smile. Odd.

Gee, LiLo adopted dogs who are more high-maintenance and require more attention than her! Like any addict, it's whatever captures her attention at the moment (just like Jude Law -- ick). Sad that animals are allowed to be adopted by people who have no clue that it's a lifetime commitment, not a throwaway fixation of the moment.

Posted by: SD | March 21, 2007 12:49 PM | Report abuse

Gee, pole-dancing and drinking ... Lindsay sure has changed since "rehab".

Posted by: Anonymous | March 21, 2007 12:50 PM | Report abuse

I'm having trouble containing myself at work over the Posh Spice Book Club. Liz's comment about her being able to read was bad enough, but then I read the article. Posh, Katie Holmes, and JLo in a book club reading Austen and Dickens? I'd LOVE to be a fly on the wall for those brainy discussions.

Posted by: sen | March 21, 2007 1:01 PM | Report abuse

This is off-topic but I've been disturbed by those pix of Phil Spector (sp?) and his new hair. I finally realized that he reminds me of a cross between Martin Short and that creepy Stuart character on Mad TV.

Posted by: sen | March 21, 2007 1:48 PM | Report abuse

sen: I'm sure the book club meetings between Posh, Katie Holmes, and JLo begin something like "Has anyone noticed the cover to 'Pride & Prejudice' looks alot like the cover to 'Little Women'?" "Whoa!", "Wow..."

I wonder if Keanu Reeves has considered joining?

Posted by: Ken | March 21, 2007 2:10 PM | Report abuse

"Like any addict, it's whatever captures her attention at the moment "

As an addict in recovery, I have to say that a statement such as the aforementioned is kind of offensive. Some of us are in recovery and don't constantly focus on "whatever captures our attention at the moment" =)

Please watch your words.

Posted by: Re: SD | March 21, 2007 3:07 PM | Report abuse

When I adopted my dogs (Jake and Millie) from rescue orgs I had to fill out a lengthy application and go through an interview process that was more in depth than any job interview I've ever been on...which makes me wonder how the hell did Lindsey Lohan get approved?

Posted by: dym | March 21, 2007 3:10 PM | Report abuse

Re SD, If that's not your addiction then why do you care? There are plenty of addicts who DO have the problem SD mentions.

Isn't the whole point of blogging such that one doesn't have to censor oneself so that knee-jerk hypersensitive people aren't made (gasp!) uncomfortable? Perhaps part of your recovery could include growing up and realizing it's not all about you, the world doesn't arrange itself to your comfort level, the First Amendment applies to everyone, and if you're so easily offended, don't blog.

Posted by: Re:Re:SD | March 21, 2007 3:19 PM | Report abuse

I imagine Lindsey Lohan got her puppies from some pet shop that caters to the rich and famous -- and doesn't ask questions. When I got two cats from a rescue organization, I had to give references. My friend said that they asked more questions than investigators doing Top Secret backgound checks.

Posted by: WMA | March 21, 2007 3:48 PM | Report abuse

That Huckabees video was priceless. There's medication for that.

Sen...you made me laugh out loud at what is a normally very quiet office. I love Stuart on Mad TV..even though he is kinda creepy.

Posted by: Sharon | March 21, 2007 3:50 PM | Report abuse

Of course there are plenty of addicts who have the problems SD mentioned, but you have to understand that many addicts are in recovery, like myself. I just don't think it's good to make sweeping generalizations about any group of people.

I also agree with you that one should be able to speak their mind when blogging, but it's also improtant to think before speaking. Anyway, I'm not offended by any of the comments on the Celebritology blog, I was just epxressing my point of view =)

Posted by: Re: Re: Re SD | March 21, 2007 5:01 PM | Report abuse

I should have added that using the word "offended" in my original post was probably too strong.

Posted by: Re: Re: Re SD | March 21, 2007 5:03 PM | Report abuse