Posted at 8:22 AM ET, 03/22/2007

Morning Mix: Carmen Electra Says She's Not Dating Joan Jett

By Liz Kelly

Headlines: Gisele Bundchen denies pregnancy rumors... Rep says hypoglycemia responsible for Nicole Richie's fainting spell... Paul McCartney signed to new Starbucks music label, sends Heather Mills flowers after dance debut... Photo: Jacko's ninja kids... Russell Crowe to make directorial debut... Elton John releasing all his albums online... Vivica A. Fox arrested for suspected DUI... Calvert DeForest (aka Larry "Bud" Melman) dies... Woody Harrelson's father dies in Supermax prison.

Rumor Mill: Carmen Electra denies she's dating Joan Jett... Angelina Jolie sells rights to pix of new son... Tom Cruise orders Katie Holmes to cut back on shopping, calls Beckhams 18 times in one hour.

Mystifying Quote of the Day:
"If I looked like a tire, they wouldn't even give a damn. And I'm not that hot, trust me." -- Dina Lohan invokes auto parts to help explain why the paparazzi are fixated on her relationship with daughter Lindsay

Celebritology Live: Don't forget to join me at 2 p.m. ET for this week's live chat to talk "Dancing With the Stars," Grimace, "Lost" and many other topics of great import.

By Liz Kelly  | March 22, 2007; 8:22 AM ET
Categories:  Daily Mix
Save & Share:  Send E-mail   Facebook   Twitter   Digg   Yahoo Buzz   Del.icio.us   StumbleUpon   Technorati   Google Buzz   Previous: Nostalgia Redux: Evil Grimace
Next: Lost Analysis: Un-Locke-ing Some Island Mysteries

Comments

Now I know why Posh's phone is always busy when I call.

Posted by: Barb | March 22, 2007 9:13 AM | Report abuse

I deny that I'm dating Joan Jett, too.

Posted by: miss belle | March 22, 2007 9:30 AM | Report abuse

Posh is a "good old fashion British woman"...lmao!

Posted by: Sharon | March 22, 2007 9:32 AM | Report abuse

Dina Lohan: proof that parents can live vicariously through their daughters without thought or consequence.

Posted by: Ken | March 22, 2007 9:53 AM | Report abuse

DiLo is a nut. It makes me sadder for LiLo.

Posted by: not bluto | March 22, 2007 9:57 AM | Report abuse

Poor Woody Harrellson. Who knew? Man...

Posted by: Bogota | March 22, 2007 10:26 AM | Report abuse

Poor Woody Harrellson. Who knew? Man...

Um.... everybody.

Posted by: b | March 22, 2007 10:36 AM | Report abuse

C'mon b -- everybody who pays attention to celeb stuff knew, not EVERYbody. I want a comment from the Unabomber, as I suspect he had something to do with this...
Hey Che, care to weigh in?

[yeah, i said it, i'm opening that gate!]

Posted by: miss belle | March 22, 2007 11:25 AM | Report abuse

Dina Lohan is a walking textbook of bad parenting.

Posted by: Lisa1 | March 22, 2007 11:44 AM | Report abuse

Someone should tell DiLo that she already looks like a tire from all that Mystic tanning.

Posted by: Suburban MD | March 22, 2007 11:54 AM | Report abuse

This really hurts because 1) I love to shop 2) Barney's is one of my favorite stores 3) I'm agreeing with Tom Cruise.

If it is true that Katie spent $200,000 in a single visit to Barney's; then she should definitely lose the credit cards. Spending up to $25,000 in a day is okay, but over that is a bit much.

Posted by: Lisa1 | March 22, 2007 11:56 AM | Report abuse

Okay, b, excuse me for having a day job. But think about it - if "everybody" knows, isn't that even WORSE? I mean, Christ, imagine how that would feel as a human being - putting aside for a moment the fact that he's a celebrity. Having a father who's serving time for killing a judge and then he dies and..? Ugh. Just seems so unpleasant. It's one thing to be "estranged" from some members of your family, but imagine having that put out over the airwaves - if they are estranged having people tell him they shouldn't be, if they aren't estranged having others tell him they should be. Bad enough to lose your dad at seven without all the world feeling they have a right to stick their finger in that particular wound and give it a little twist to see if it still hurts. There are some things, some parts of your life and past, you should be able to abandon and leave behind. So I say it again:

Poor guy.

Posted by: Bogota | March 22, 2007 12:17 PM | Report abuse

No, everyone knew about his dad after he did Natural Born Killers. Some people thought it was strange, I thought it was a tribute. LOL

Posted by: Amanda | March 22, 2007 1:04 PM | Report abuse

I find it disturbing that Angelina Jolie is peddling photos of her kids all over the place. Even though they say they donate the money to charity, it's still exploitative. Those kids are not consenting adults and should not be used to further Angelina's career or causes.

Maybe Tom Cruise should check himself into rehab, the celeb fashion of the moment. Oh, wait. Do Scientoloweirds allow rehab?

Posted by: Cappy | March 22, 2007 1:26 PM | Report abuse

I wonder if Nicole Richie has hypoglycemia and faints and is dehydrated because she is bulimic. I hope she doesn't end up like Karen Carpenter.

Posted by: Barb | March 22, 2007 1:35 PM | Report abuse

Sounds like Nicole Richie could hang with Snoop, get a little chronic and kick the bulemic.

Posted by: Stick | March 22, 2007 1:54 PM | Report abuse

Good question, Barb. I know I get hypoglycemic when I need to eat/my blood sugar drops too low. I suppose I'd faint too if I didn't recognize the signs and eat.

The dehydration seems like a telltale sign, too. I bet she is bulimic. Can one be both anorexic and bulimic?

Posted by: Catherine | March 22, 2007 3:20 PM | Report abuse

Catherine: yes. They are NOT exclusive conditions.

Posted by: Anonymous | March 22, 2007 5:46 PM | Report abuse