Posted at 8:02 AM ET, 03/29/2007

Morning Mix: Diddy's 30-Hour Love

By Liz Kelly

Headlines: Andre Agassi sells memoir for more than $5 million... Jenny from the Block returns to the Bronx to promote new album... Chris Sligh voted off "American Idol"... Ryan Seacrest escapes E! Networks bomb threat... Courtney Love drops 45 pounds... Mia Hamm delivers twin girls... Halle Berry gets Walk of Fame star... Rights to O.J. Simpson book to be auctioned in April... Black Eyed Peas's Taboo arrested for suspected DUI following crash... Howard K. Stern files appeal in paternity case... Foxy Brown pleads not guilty to Florida assault charges... Scott Weiland's wife blames bipolar disorder for arson, hotel wreckage... "The Goonies" may get Broadway musical treatment.

Rumor Mill: Diddy claims he's a 30-hour lover... Britney Spears returns to hospital with more tooth pain... Pax Jolie targeted in kidnapping scheme... Former Jane Magazine editor says she had sex with Drew Barrymore... Sacha Baron Cohen ("Borat") and girlfriend expecting first child?... "Lost's" Matthew Fox (Jack) vows to quit smoking for kids... Sylvester Stallone hires 30-year-old body double for "Rambo" shoot.

Chatter: Join me at 2 p.m. ET for this week's celebratory "Britney is Free" Celebritology Live discussion.

By Liz Kelly  | March 29, 2007; 8:02 AM ET
Categories:  Daily Mix
Save & Share:  Send E-mail   Facebook   Twitter   Digg   Yahoo Buzz   Del.icio.us   StumbleUpon   Technorati   Google Buzz   Previous: The World According to Gwyneth
Next: Lost Dueling Analyses: Death to Poochie(s)

Comments

If Diddy could only put that many hours in for artists at Bad-Boy Records, he would have to keep rehashing the Notorious B.I.G.

Posted by: Lisa1 | March 29, 2007 9:04 AM | Report abuse

OK, would some one clue me in? What is "tantric sex" ? And another thing, I don't care who you are, if I'm in Paris, I'm going out sight-seeing, not doing it for 30 hours inside a hotel. For god's sake, you can do that at home anytime!

Posted by: Barb | March 29, 2007 9:07 AM | Report abuse

I really think that anyone, man or woman, would be like "Enough is enough. Let's just get this over with." after the 4th hour.

Posted by: BF | March 29, 2007 9:11 AM | Report abuse

I'm guessing Diddy has a teensy tiny...um...ego...if he needs to brag to the world about not only his priapic talents but also the model of the car he was riding in.

Posted by: KiKi | March 29, 2007 9:22 AM | Report abuse

In re "Ryan Seacrest flees E! Networks bomb threat":

First paragraph below the middle-of-the-story ads says, "Our friends at TMZ learned exclusively: 'We're told that Ryan Seacrest was not in the building at the time of the evacuation.'" So he escaped the *evacuation*, not any actual bomb threat.

Kudos to the article's headline writer, who truthfully wrote that "Ryan Seacrest Escapes E! TV Bomb Threat Evacuation". I think I speak for America when I say how grateful we all are that he didn't have to walk down a flight of stairs and go stand outside for a while.

Posted by: byoolin | March 29, 2007 9:25 AM | Report abuse

Thanks for that distinction Byoolin.

Posted by: Liz | March 29, 2007 9:33 AM | Report abuse

ok, anyone beside me think it's sad that nomar didn't make it to his children's live birth? who, besides former gov. erlich, doesn't make it to his wife's side for the delivery of their baby(ies)???? that's pathetic.

oh, and where would courtney get her next 10 pounds? she looks gross.

Posted by: wats | March 29, 2007 10:37 AM | Report abuse

Where is the Lost analysis? I'm confused.

Tantric sex is a type of sexual encounter that involves slow, calm breathing and holding certain positions for long periods of time. Still, 30 hours, give me a break!

Posted by: Tdot | March 29, 2007 10:43 AM | Report abuse

Mr. Combs might wish to change his moniker one more time... to "Diddly."

Wonder if he and Sting swap stories about their time in the, er, saddle.

Posted by: byoolin | March 29, 2007 10:44 AM | Report abuse

Thanks for the explanation. I'd still rather be sitting in a bistro drinking wine.

Posted by: Barb | March 29, 2007 10:49 AM | Report abuse

Wats said: "who, besides former gov. erlich, doesn't make it to his wife's side for the delivery of their baby(ies)???? that's pathetic."

My father was not present for the birth of my sister (and first child of my parents) He was on the other side of the country on business and my sister was born 2 months early. There are always circumstance where someone can make it to the birth of their child. So unless Nomar and Ehrlich said "You go on ahead to the hospital hun, I want to finish watching the Godfather Trilogy on DVD first." I don't think either should be blasted for not being present.

Posted by: BF | March 29, 2007 11:04 AM | Report abuse

Barb, some might say (not me, of course, but "some") that either way, it's 30 hours getting hosed.

:-)

Posted by: byoolin | March 29, 2007 11:04 AM | Report abuse

I don't know why the kidnappers would target Pax, Shiloh is the one Angie doesn't want.

I can see her now, "no, take the blob, she has had it so easy."

Posted by: Irish chick | March 29, 2007 11:13 AM | Report abuse

I suspect that Puffy is going at it by himself for about 29 hours and 55 minutes. For the rest of it he has a partner.

Posted by: petal | March 29, 2007 11:55 AM | Report abuse

Oh and nooooooooooooooooooooooooo! to the Goonies on Broadway. I love Broadway as much as the next girl but I don't see that translating well on stage.

Posted by: petal | March 29, 2007 11:58 AM | Report abuse

Oh thank you for the laugh, Petal! I needed it!!
And what about the room service? Did they stop to let the waiter in? Or did he just use his pass key?

Posted by: Barb | March 29, 2007 12:07 PM | Report abuse

oh Petal, you uttered my thoughts exactly. Fluffy is a legend only in his mind- what a tool!

Posted by: plamar | March 29, 2007 12:11 PM | Report abuse

Good question Barb. I think I have an explanation for that as well.

You see the waiter uses his passkey because after the 29 hour 55 minute marathon, there is fourplay before the magic can happen. It is during this time the waiter delivers the food and leaves.

Fourplay = That poor woman having to create a bit of fiction each time by telling him how great a lover he is.

Posted by: petal | March 29, 2007 12:49 PM | Report abuse

Skinny or voluptuous, Courtney Love is still scary -- particularly above the neck. Hard livin' really shows in the face ...

I still wonder how it is possible for someone as drugged-out as ANS to be sleeping with so many men at one time. What are there now, 4 men claiming to be the father of her baby? Yikes.

And not to be too Victorian here, but what IS the deal with so many celebrities having kids out of wedlock? Not that their marriages last, but still. Have they never heard of birth control?

Posted by: wondering ... | March 29, 2007 1:24 PM | Report abuse

Irish chick -- so right. I couldn't help myself, I read the analysis on the US Weekly slam of Jolie and the claim is that she pays no attention to Shiloh, spends no time with her, and blatantly favors her adopted brood. I also liked this quote from an early-childhood psychologist: "Children thrive on predictability, continuity, security and rhythm in their daily life". None of which Brood Jolie-Pitt has from their mother as far as we can tell, what with all the travelling, desperately trying to get the media's attention, and adding new kids to the club every few months. Adoption: Jolie's new addiction?

Posted by: Re: Irish chick | March 29, 2007 3:20 PM | Report abuse

Wondering, last time I was paying attention birth control pills = weight gain. Probl'y more difficult for the celeb crowd to cope with. A child can be shuffled off onto staff.

Posted by: soso | March 29, 2007 5:12 PM | Report abuse

Petal,
Fiction is more useful than friction? Maybe so!

Posted by: Barb | March 29, 2007 7:54 PM | Report abuse