Posted at 7:53 AM ET, 03/15/2007

Morning Mix: Jolie Adopts Vietnamese Boy

By Liz Kelly

Headlines: Angelina Jolie completes Vietnamese adoption (Photos)... Heather Mills says she has spare leg standing by for dance show... Elton John dresses up for 60th birthday party... Johnny Depp on hiatus until daughter recovers... Paula Abdul says she and Simon Cowell are chummy in real life... Candy Spelling says she looks forward to doting on new grandson... Scarlett Johansson signs up for third Woody Allen movie... Mike Myers to play Keith Moon in Who biopic... Family says Boston singer Brad Delp committed suicide... Video: Did Lindsay Lohan run over the photog or not? You decide.

Rumor Mill: Lock of Britney Spears's hair sells for $1 million... Jessica Simpson wants to adopt... Sienna Miller parties till dawn after London "Factory Girl" premiere... Solange Knowles (Beyonce's lil' sis) dating Lil' Wayne?... Drew Barrymore, collector of cool boyfriends, apparently now dating director Spike Jonze... Lance Armstrong dating designer Tory Burch.

Bonus: What do you get when you combine rodents, small boys wielding guns and a Stepford-ish NRA-backing mom? Why, squirrel melts, of course. (Via Big Action and just a teensy bit cringeworthy)

Chat Day: I almost forgot -- join me today at 2 p.m. ET for the weekly Celebritology Live discussion. We'll talk about the latest dirt, "Lost" and, you know, other stuff.

By Liz Kelly  | March 15, 2007; 7:53 AM ET
Categories:  Daily Mix
Save & Share:  Send E-mail   Facebook   Twitter   Digg   Yahoo Buzz   Del.icio.us   StumbleUpon   Technorati   Google Buzz   Previous: Angelina Jolie, Womb Raider?
Next: Lost Analysis: If You Don't Know Claire By Now...

Comments

What does the brat shooting the squirrel have to do with celebrity-related topics?

Posted by: Huh? | March 15, 2007 8:59 AM | Report abuse

Yeah, I paid a mil for her hair. And now I am going to use the DNA to clone Brit. Soon I will have an army of Britneys and through them I will RULE THE WORLD!!!

Mwahahahahaha, and so on and so forth.

Posted by: byoolin | March 15, 2007 9:09 AM | Report abuse

I've always found him adorable. "Collector of cool boyfriends(!)" Love you Liz, you are hilarious!

Posted by: Spike Jonze | March 15, 2007 9:14 AM | Report abuse

LOL, what the hell. Lindsay was driving like 3 miles/hour, that guy totally took the fall. treated for a bruised knee at the hospital and sent home...i thought getting hit by a car, y'know, he might have actually been hurt. these guys are ridiculous.

ASIDE: Liz, its generally agreed upon that paparazzi are life sukcing scum that will stop at nothing to photograph someone that doesn't want to be photographed. Any celebrity fan should hate these people, and yet, we support them too with our unrelenting appetite for all things celeb. moral dilemma, or not?

Posted by: pete | March 15, 2007 9:16 AM | Report abuse

Oh God no, Jessica Simpson doesn't need to spread her "dumbness" to a poor, innocent child. That is cruel and unusual punishment for sure. Jess, taking care of a dog does not equal taking care of a baby. Ask Britney.

Posted by: philly | March 15, 2007 9:17 AM | Report abuse

byoolin:
You seem to have forgotten, the clones will all be IDENTICAL in every way to Bitty Brain.

In other words, you'll have an army of whiny, spoiled, fashion-challenged and judgment-impaired bimbos who couldn't even rule a lazy, clueless and no-talent loser like K-Fed. A lot of good that will do you!

Posted by: Silly wabbit | March 15, 2007 9:24 AM | Report abuse

Car vs. Paparazzi: I seen toddlers fall out better than that photographer.
-Jesscia Simpson should not be allowed to adopt or procreate unless her father give up all grandparental rights.

-I thought "Dancing with Stars" was a dance competition not a three legged race.

Posted by: Llisa1 | March 15, 2007 9:38 AM | Report abuse

I admit my plan is not without its flaws. But worst-case, my army will be reasonably attractive cannon fodder.

Posted by: byoolin | March 15, 2007 9:43 AM | Report abuse

Freaky that Lance Armstrong keeps dating women that look just like his ex-wife.
Maybe he should have stuck with the woman who suffered through IVF to bear his three children and got him through cancer after all....just a thought.

Posted by: Barb | March 15, 2007 9:54 AM | Report abuse

Liz love the column, loves the responses too.

Re: Paparazzi -- there is an addiction to celebrities when they put themselves out there to be photographed everywhere in everything. Then there is the paparazzi who crawl 1 mile through the brush to get a photo of a topless royal. The first is morally acceptable, the second is not.

Re: Heather Mills and Dancings with Stars. Didn't she say I am not doing this for publicity? Yet she talks alot about it. Heather dear, talking about your fake leg won't make us like you any better for being mean to a Beatle.

Finally, re: Lance Armstrong. He can't get back with his ex-wife, she was starting to get attention for her selflessness and support for him. The only one allowed to get any attention around Lance is Lance. I liked him before he became so self-centered. Now, well, your 15 minutes are up, go away.

Posted by: ep | March 15, 2007 10:05 AM | Report abuse

Barb,
actually he didn't meet his ex-wife until after the cancer thing and i thought the first wife looks scarily like his mother

Posted by: Anonymous | March 15, 2007 10:07 AM | Report abuse

Re: Lance Armstrong: We all know someone who dates the same look or personality over and over (or maybe it you). They rave about how new boyfriend or girlfriend is nothing like the previous one, and how this relationship will be so much better; until you meet the new one, you known immediately it's same old boyfriend/girlfriend with a new name.

Posted by: Lisa1 | March 15, 2007 10:45 AM | Report abuse

Tell me about it. I've been out dating for years but all I end up with is one after another Brit-clone!

Man, I feel like I'm in a reality tv show or something....

Posted by: byoolin's victim | March 15, 2007 11:05 AM | Report abuse

Funny, I thought Lance's new squeeze looks like Sheryl Crow. But maybe the new one and Sheryl look like the ex-wife and the mother ...

I didn't read the squirrel thing because I have a sneaking suspicion it has to do with killing animals. :-(

Posted by: hmm | March 15, 2007 11:33 AM | Report abuse

The squirrel video was probably filmed in rural Virginia.

Posted by: HA! | March 15, 2007 12:03 PM | Report abuse

Did Angelina adopt the child on her own or did she adopt him with Brad Pitt? Since he adopted her other children last year, I would think they would have done it together, but all the reports keep saying her name alone. Am I missing something?

Posted by: LC | March 15, 2007 12:04 PM | Report abuse

Vietnam does not allow unmarried couples to adopt a child together. Ms. Jolie adopted the boy as a single person, and I guess Pitt will adopt him later here in the States.

Posted by: adoptive mama | March 15, 2007 12:37 PM | Report abuse

Re Lance's girlfriends: maybe it's not all about her looks. In addition to his girlfriends all looking alike, the gals also look like feminine versions of Lance - skinny blondes with lean, thin angular faces...

Maybe Lance just can't get enough of himself.

Posted by: Cubeland, MD | March 15, 2007 12:59 PM | Report abuse

I thought Lance Armstrong was dating Matthew McConaughey...or was it Jake Gyllenhaal?

Posted by: B-more | March 15, 2007 1:47 PM | Report abuse

Jessica Simpson needs to go sit down somewhere.

Posted by: Marie | March 15, 2007 1:50 PM | Report abuse

Single peopel aren't allowed to adopt either, but she is special. Crazy "special" that is.

Posted by: Anonymous | March 15, 2007 2:01 PM | Report abuse

Single people ARE allowed to adopt from Vietnam. The regulations for Americans adopting from vietnam are listed on the US embassy in Hanoi's website. I don't know where the erroneous information was printed that single people are not allowed to adopt from Vietnam, but it keeps getting perpetuated on blogs like this. There may be some confusion because unmarried people cannot adopt together, but single people are definitely allowed to adopt from Vietnam.

Posted by: adoptive mama | March 15, 2007 2:25 PM | Report abuse