Posted at 8:03 AM ET, 03/ 7/2007

Morning Mix: No Trans-Atlantic Takeout for Kanye West

By Liz Kelly

Headlines: Kanye West denies ordering $3,900 trans-Atlantic takeout... Tori Spelling's bed and breakfast open for business... Bono to edit issue of Vanity Fair... MTV reality show to re-make Menudo (as if)... Marisa Tomei signs on for CBS comedy pilot... Penelope Cruz to star in next Woody Allen film... Chicago fetes Jennifer Hudson with her own day... Obi-Wan Kenobi's cloak sells for $104K... Mark Ruffalo and wife expecting... Family sues over Jimi Hendrix-themed vodka... Good Charlotte's Joel Madden investigated in battery of photographer... Video: Director Craig Brewer discusses "Black Snake Moan."

Rumor Mill: Angelina Jolie's adoption plans hits a roadblock... Did Howard K. Stern admit he's not Anna Nicole Smith's baby's daddy?... Parliament told Prince William will marry... TomKat, who can't bear to be separated even one day, rumored to be buying apartment at New York's famed Dakota... Another sexy scandal for Ralph Fiennes?... Is Lindsay Lohan up to her old tricks?... "Forrest Gump II"? (I guess stupid is as stupid does)...

P.S. Not to be catty, but gaze upon these photos of Christina Aguilera and Sharon Stone if you dare.

P.S.S. Anyone else watch that Pussycat Doll show last night?

By Liz Kelly  | March 7, 2007; 8:03 AM ET
Categories:  Daily Mix
Save & Share:  Send E-mail   Facebook   Twitter   Digg   Yahoo Buzz   Del.icio.us   StumbleUpon   Technorati   Google Buzz   Previous: Celebritology 101: Celebrity Secrets Revealed!
Next: Busting Hollywood's Double Standard Wide Open

Comments

I think Bono is an intelligent person, and a good human being. But he seems to get credit for being some sort of renaissance man, perhaps the modern Thomas Jefferson. He's not that smart--look at the lyrics on U2's last, what, 4 albums.

Posted by: bkp | March 7, 2007 9:17 AM | Report abuse

Jiminy Xmas, what the hell happened to Stone?

Posted by: 23112 | March 7, 2007 9:45 AM | Report abuse

Hot damn!
Ralph is the man!

Posted by: Pompous Magnus | March 7, 2007 9:55 AM | Report abuse

Looks like Sharon Stone got newer boobs, those are awfully perky for a gal her age. But props to her for looking that good, she spends her money on the best [injections].
Xtina, however, is too young to look so hag-like. She needs to give the haircolor and magic-tan a rest for a while, and someone should tell her that going braless all the time will mean more frequent trips to lift the implants. Can't see in the linked photo, but I read that she's completely commando, uh, so I'm glad she's standing and not getting out of a car like Britney/LiLo/Paris!
How much do I hate Howard K Stern? He wants to sell the baby to Birkhead? After admitting that it's not even his baby?! When I read that ANS was his only source of income, that sealed it for me, the man is scum. I await news of his overdose...
Ralph Fiennes should find another way to stay relevant in today's pop culture, he's not nearly as sexy as he used to be, and the thought of him nekkid in a pool with 4 chicks is laughable. Did the 4 chicks even know he was in the pool with them? Did he pay them and also call the press with the time and location? Ralphie, you cannot bring your sexyback with that haircut and pale skin, but your brother Joe? I'd do him in the lav fo' shizzle, yo.
Seriously, I saw Hendrix vodka for sale and thought, "that's just wrong, and shameful." I'm glad to find out that his family has nothing to do with it and is suing. Unfortch I think anyone under 30 will think opposite and drink it because that's what rockers do. Remember back when Clapton was shilling beer? Same kind of wrongness, and he corrected himself (once he got sober again more finally for good). What's next, {Jim} Morrison Sleeping Pills, {Janis} Joplin Syringes, {Jerry} Garcia rolling papers? Uh, actually I'd buy that last one...
Liz, I cannot believe you watched that Pussycat Doll crap. I hope that you were at least drunk on the Hendrix!

Posted by: miss belle | March 7, 2007 10:02 AM | Report abuse

I watched Pussycat Dolls last night! I don't understand why all the reviews were so critical of it - it's not like we watch the show expecting some sort of greatness to come out of it. We watch it for mindless entertainment and to be catty about girls who think they're hot/talented!

Posted by: WP Reader | March 7, 2007 10:02 AM | Report abuse

sharon stone, what happened?
when i was in high school, she was my role model of sexyness. that was only 15 years ago. yikes!

Posted by: sarita | March 7, 2007 10:20 AM | Report abuse

Miss Belle is back, yippee. Haven't seen a comment from you in a bit.

With all of the awards Jennifer Hudson is getting I hope she gets many many more good roles and stays down to earth.

Surely Tom has other things to do than be on set with his wife and stuck to her like glue. I mean yeah you're in love and all but dude really. Isn't he taking over a studio, doesn't that take a lot of time and energy?

The Lilo count down begins.

I didn't watch the Pussycat Dolls but I have to wonder why they need another one when only one of them really sings. How many back up Pussycat grinders does this group need?

Posted by: petal | March 7, 2007 10:22 AM | Report abuse

Oh my, that is just tragedy. I just saw the Sharon and Christina photos.

Sharon, moisturize, moisturize, moisturize. Why do you look like you've been rode hard and hung up wet? That is not a good look.

Christina, I'm hoping that makeup is caked on. Take it off immediately and try the light natural look.

Posted by: carmen | March 7, 2007 10:27 AM | Report abuse

I refuse to watch that "we are actresses pretending to singers pretending to strippers so we can get an agent and movie deal" known as the Pussycat Dolls. I have nothing against mindless entertainment (I watched O'Reilly Factor sometimes), but the Pussycat Dolls I have to draw the line.

Christina: Too many "Naked Sundays"

Jennifer Hudson: Pay attention to Marsia Tomei. She is an example of what not to do.

Posted by: Lisa | March 7, 2007 10:31 AM | Report abuse

aguilera is soooo hot.

Posted by: Anonymous | March 7, 2007 10:34 AM | Report abuse

I feel the need to clarify my comments about Sharon Stone: She looks good for a woman her age, which I believe is 114.
Hey Petal, I've been under a sort of house arrest, or more like a LiLo-style rehab. I promise that there's only water in my bottle now, and I'm only smoking hand-rolled ciggies that I get from Drew and Cameron. Wait, what? Stop giggling Drew, yer throwing off my concentration!

Posted by: miss belle | March 7, 2007 10:54 AM | Report abuse

I never realized before how much Sharon Stone and Heather Mills McCartney look alike!

Posted by: soso | March 7, 2007 11:42 AM | Report abuse

I predict that Tom Cruise will "help out" the director to make sure Katie gets the best lighting, angles, dialogue, etc.

Also, if he is constantly on set, Katie won't be able to talk much to other people. So, he will be able to maintain his control over her.

Posted by: jlr | March 7, 2007 11:46 AM | Report abuse

See, that's why women have such a hard time and eventually lose it. If they don't look Playboy/airbrushed gorgeous at 50 (or however old Sharon Stone is), they are shamelessly humiliated by some idiot who is himself probably one of the vast obese members of this greedy/gluttonous society. This is a shallow country that is approaching the grotesque (yeah, we are probably already there). No wonder the rest of the world hates us.

Posted by: Debbie | March 7, 2007 11:50 AM | Report abuse

I guess the Dakota's "nortoriously tough board" isn't that tough, if they'd let in such a total weirdo/control freak like Tom Cruise. Ick. He'll no doubt be tromping the halls harassing the other residents about converting to Weirdontology, trying to build a temple in the foyer, and having his little "friend" (you know, the one that went on their honeymoon with them?) move in too.

William and Kate are adorable, but I think both are far too young to marry ...

Sharon Stone and Aguilera would both look soooooo much better if they went natural and let the beauty that's obscured by too much hair dye and too much makeup shine through. And if Aguilera removed those cantaloupes bolted to her chest that are so far apart you could drive a truck through 'em.

Posted by: Penny | March 7, 2007 1:22 PM | Report abuse

"Cruise's sister home-schools the kids" ... holy cow. Nicole Kidman allows this?

This family is absolutely NUTS.

Cruise is "informed" the producers he'll be on set every day? Yikes. Can't bear to be apart because he's a total control freak and wants his Stepford wife under his thumb at every moment ... both Queen Latifah and Diane Keaton would probably be a good influence on Stepford Katie if whacko husband wasn't around controlling and watching her every move to make sure she doesn't kiss someone or a make a friend who isn't a Scientologist. Ewwwww -- intervention, please!~

Posted by: B. | March 7, 2007 1:34 PM | Report abuse

[Why do I find it so funny that Angelina Jolie can't adopt because she and the man she inexplicably spellbound into leaving his wife for her aren't married? ]
Why do people still act as though Angelina kidnapped Brad and dragged him kicking and screaming away from Jen? He's a grown man who is capable of making his own decisions. He decided to leave and if it hadn't been for Angelina it would've been for someone else. Get over it.

Posted by: live in the now | March 7, 2007 1:43 PM | Report abuse

Actually it was a comment about Angelina, not so much Brad, as it's a pattern for her to go after men who are with somebody else. Case in point: her previous man, Billy Bob Thornton, who was engaged to Laura Dern when Angelina set her claws at him.

It's also a comment on how strange men are, as I fail to see the appeal of Angelina. But whatever.

Posted by: Anonymous | March 7, 2007 1:59 PM | Report abuse

As someone who just turned 40, I think Sharon Stone looks great, although clothing wise, she may want to try something a little less conspicuous

Posted by: d | March 7, 2007 3:23 PM | Report abuse

Didn't Laura Dern break up Billy Bob's marriage to Pietra?

Posted by: Anonymous | March 7, 2007 4:35 PM | Report abuse

Wow, you can really see the Botox work. In all five pictures of Stone yelling at whoever's got the camera, her face from the eyeline up shows no visible change of expression. Her neck, however...is that the macrobiotic thing that makes the tendons and ligaments jump out like that? Cap it off with the Cruella De Ville red lipstick on pale skin and my teenage babysitter's clothes, and maybe Sharon just needed to pretend the camera wasn't there instead of getting one umbrella away from aping Britney's psychotic episode.

Posted by: 23112 | March 7, 2007 5:12 PM | Report abuse