Posted at 7:26 AM ET, 03/ 5/2007

Morning Mix: Kanye West Orders Trans-Atlantic Takeout

By Liz Kelly

Headlines: Kanye West orders trans-Atlantic takeout from Welsh restaurant... Anna Nicole Smith laid to rest in Bahamas... Michael Jackson charging Japanese fans $3,500 for 30-second meeting... Nicole Richie briefly hospitalized for dizziness... Forest Whitaker and and Jennifer Hudson win top honors at Image Awards...Comedy festival names Stephen Colbert "Person of the Year"...Viacom chairman Sumner Redstone says he didn't fire Tom Cruise... Insouciant Gwyneth Paltrow brags about her kids' famous friends while Brazilian journos call her husband rude... Elizabeth Hurley marries... Star Jones Reynolds to guest star on "Law & Order: SVU"... Nicole Kidman to cameo on "Nip/Tuck"... David Beckham injures knee in soccer match... Jared Leto breaks nose during concert... Stolen painting found in Steven Spielberg's art collection... Kelis arrested in Miami for disorderly conduct.

Rumor Mill: Britney Spears doing better after last week's reported suicide attempt... Victoria Beckham moving hairdresser to Los Angeles.

By Liz Kelly  | March 5, 2007; 7:26 AM ET
Categories:  Daily Mix
Save & Share:  Send E-mail   Facebook   Twitter   Digg   Yahoo Buzz   Del.icio.us   StumbleUpon   Technorati   Google Buzz   Previous: Morning Mix: Bobby Brown Back on the Block
Next: My Vacation: Mariah and Dinoflagellates

Comments

Ah "insouciant" Paltrow and her kids' famous friends. Welcome back, Liz.

Posted by: Bogota | March 5, 2007 8:36 AM | Report abuse

I wonder if Kelis is going to have to apologize, meet with people from the community and go to rehab for her racial slurs.

Posted by: Irish girl | March 5, 2007 8:53 AM | Report abuse

Ah yes, the fabulous dinner conversation of bragging about how many famous people you know and your kids play with. So much more sophisticated than discussing money. Guess what Gwyn dear, you are as shallow as the rest of us. Welcome back Liz, we missed you.

Posted by: ep | March 5, 2007 8:59 AM | Report abuse

Welcome back, Liz!

Posted by: Boutros | March 5, 2007 8:59 AM | Report abuse

I'm getting old. I didn't even know who Kelis was. And I tend to keep informed on all people who wear wigs made out of cotton candy.

welcome back Liz.

Posted by: BF | March 5, 2007 9:01 AM | Report abuse

That Kelis, whoever she is, should be slapped a heavy fine for having such awful hair and smirking in her mug shot.
And although it's just the rumor mill, how much you want to bet those idiot Brit-Kfeds DO have a big tacky "renewal of vows" ceremony, have another baby, and THEN THE WHOLE MESS WILL START OVER AGAIN!! Except there will be another baby to get messed up.
PS: Hope you had a nice vacation, Liz!

Posted by: Barb | March 5, 2007 9:24 AM | Report abuse

Reality Check Time!

Gwyneth needs to shut up about motherhood now. I don't think she grasps how different her "housewive" role is to the other 99.99% of women in the world. Normally I like the woman but I'm ready to give her a little shake these days.

I don't think Kanye West (or at least his record company) cares about black people either. You're telling me he can't get good Indian food in NYC? How self-indulgent. The energy put into getting that meal here on top of the cost of the dinner, travel and lodging could be better spent helping the residents of NOLA he claims to care so much about.

To LA Galaxy Management: Duh. Hope you put a clause in the contract about no pay without play.

Posted by: Chasmosaur | March 5, 2007 9:25 AM | Report abuse

And yes, Welcome Back Liz!

Posted by: Chasmosaur | March 5, 2007 9:27 AM | Report abuse

Kelis sang the popular, "My Milkshake Brings All the Boys to the Yard." Classy gal, that one.

Welcome back Liz!

Posted by: AWB | March 5, 2007 9:37 AM | Report abuse

Welcome back, Liz!

For a second I thought the Beckham entry said "David Beckham to injure knee in soccer match."

Posted by: tamerlane | March 5, 2007 9:41 AM | Report abuse

Welcome back Liz. How was your vacation?

Irish Girl: Kelis should go to rehab for bad fashion sense.

Posted by: Lisa | March 5, 2007 9:42 AM | Report abuse

I hope Kanye West isnt going to start lecturing me about global warming anytime soon.

Posted by: Stick | March 5, 2007 9:55 AM | Report abuse

Welcome back Liz! They didn't give us a Friday list. That's right I'm tattling.

Kanye's been caught up in his own hype for too long now.

There must be a lost in translation thing going on with Chris Martin and the reporters. Either that or he has some serious issues.

Posted by: petal | March 5, 2007 10:04 AM | Report abuse

wow, i entirely missed the britney attempted suicide.

welcome back, lizzy

Posted by: Anonymous | March 5, 2007 10:09 AM | Report abuse

lol, wait..., she ran around her room screaming "I am the antichrist" and had carved 666 into her bald head??? I am more than skeptical.

Posted by: Anonymous | March 5, 2007 10:10 AM | Report abuse

"She is still very vulnerable. Last Saturday she said she had the number 666 written onto her bald head. She was crying, and shouting, 'I am the Antichrist!` The clinic people just didn`t know what to do."

I am fairly confident Promises staff know what to do with acting-out "customers."

Posted by: mark | March 5, 2007 10:46 AM | Report abuse

Yeah right, I'm sure Madonna's 10 and 6 year olds just LOVE having playdates with 3 yr old Apple. Is it just me (non-parent), but my meory of age differences, especially at that point in development, would seem to preclude any real "fun" interaction. Sounds to me like Gwynnie just wanted yet another chance to name-drop. I'm so over her egocentric existence.

Posted by: WoW | March 5, 2007 10:55 AM | Report abuse

Petal: Chris Martin problem is Coldplay had only one decent album in them. Yes Chris, jig is up.

Posted by: Lisa | March 5, 2007 11:13 AM | Report abuse

I can't believe no one mentioned Michael Jackson. After Britney, he is no longer crazy enough to rate a mention?

Posted by: dym | March 5, 2007 11:41 AM | Report abuse

In my opinion Gwyneth has always been overrated. She sucks as actress and obviously has a great deal of insecurity if she feels she needs to name drop.

Was I the only one that got a good laugh out of the image of a bald Britney Spears running around screaming she's the Anti-Christ? I'll be snickering about that one for awhile.

Posted by: Sharon | March 5, 2007 12:11 PM | Report abuse

Regarding Jacko, I lived in Japan and they liked me there, too. I'm not sure what that says about any of us!!

Posted by: Barb | March 5, 2007 12:11 PM | Report abuse

Sharon,
If you want a bigger laugh look at the photo of Brit trying to smash the SUV with a green umbrella. There are no words for the look of determination on her face. It is a whole lotta funny.

Lisa,
One decent album and may be two decent songs after the album. I do see your point.

Barb,
If there is a chance that the Japanese will like me to the tune of $3,500 for a minute in my presence, I'm outta here!

Posted by: petal | March 5, 2007 12:49 PM | Report abuse

Welcome back Liz!

"At the hospital, Richie was given fluids and food" -- oh my, miracles do happen. Did they check on her afterwards to make sure she didn't purge it?

Thank GOD ANS was finally laid to rest. Let's hope there's no call to dig her up!

Gwyneth -- get a grip and get over yourself already ...

Too funny that Victoria Beckham's hairdresser is opening up a "saloon" in L.A. -- heheh.

Britney Spears, adopting that age-old "let's fix what's wrong with our marriage by having a baby" belief. Because that's usually so successful, huh?!

Posted by: Catherine | March 5, 2007 12:57 PM | Report abuse

Welcome back, Liz! Missed you.

Posted by: IndyAnna | March 5, 2007 1:25 PM | Report abuse

Who is going to see 300 on Friday?

Posted by: JustAGirl | March 5, 2007 1:30 PM | Report abuse

I'm so there -- at "300" on Friday, that is.

Thanks for the welcome back. Nice to be home, even if it is about 30 degrees colder here.

Posted by: Liz | March 5, 2007 2:44 PM | Report abuse

Please - more (any!) Gerry Butler news in Celebritology! Cast in Watchmen I read...can't wait to see who he brings to red carpet tonight. This movie is going to change everything for him.

Posted by: JustAGirl | March 5, 2007 3:48 PM | Report abuse

I'm so excited about 300. I agree Gerry Butler is sizzling hot. See "Dear Frankie" if you haven't already.

Posted by: AWB | March 5, 2007 4:13 PM | Report abuse

So, who wants to wager that the extensively-quoted anonymous "friend" inside the clinic with Britney was actually KFed?

Posted by: Cubeland, MD | March 5, 2007 5:38 PM | Report abuse