Posted at 3:44 PM ET, 04/10/2007

Larry Birkhead is Anna Nicole's Baby's Daddy

By Liz Kelly

Will link to wire story when we have it, but Larry Birkhead just emerged from the courthouse where the DNA results were revealed and said "I told you so!" He says his next move is to go to a toy store.

Howard K. Stern says he's disappointed but will not fight for custody of baby Dannielynn.

No reaction yet from Prince Frederic von Anhalt.

4:17 p.m. ET: As promised, here's a link to the wire story. Look for a timeline of little Dannielynn's travails to be posted shortly.

By Liz Kelly  | April 10, 2007; 3:44 PM ET
Categories:  Anna Nicole Smith, Celebrities
Save & Share:  Send E-mail   Facebook   Twitter   Digg   Yahoo Buzz   Del.icio.us   StumbleUpon   Technorati   Google Buzz   Previous: Report Card: TomKat Gets Schooled
Next: Dannielynn: A Timeline

Comments

Is anyone surprised by this revelation?

Though I was sorta rooting for old Freddy, I'm just glad HKS isn't the baby daddy.

Posted by: Bored @ work | April 10, 2007 4:00 PM | Report abuse

amen to that.

Posted by: b | April 10, 2007 4:06 PM | Report abuse

Now that what we already knew has been validated... After all the reporting about when Birkhead will be able to take custody of his little girl, please no more ANS stories... at least for a few days... PLEASE!

Posted by: M | April 10, 2007 4:14 PM | Report abuse

FINALLY! I'm glad Stern won't get fingers on the money and I think Birkhead will be a very good father. Stern's probably scoping out his next victim now.

Posted by: sheba | April 10, 2007 4:14 PM | Report abuse

I haven't been following the daddy wars, so I'm glad to read the other comments that Larry Birkhead is a likely to be a good father. But I have to wonder about someone who's first offical reaction to the news his baby is coming home is "I told you so!" The other guys must be real bottom feeders.

Posted by: T | April 10, 2007 4:21 PM | Report abuse

Larry Birkhead: Please do your best to Dannielynn out of the tabloids.

Do not make amends Howard K Stern or let him represent you or Dannielynn for any reason. The man is weasel plain and simple.

The old guy who claims to be a Prince: Now, you're too old you're this nonsense. Do not issue a statement.

Posted by: Lisa1 | April 10, 2007 4:27 PM | Report abuse

Yea, I would call Prince Frederic a bottom feeder, but Stern is much, much lower than that.

Posted by: wanda | April 10, 2007 4:28 PM | Report abuse

I just hope the baby grandma don't get a hold of her and take off.

Posted by: Anonymous | April 10, 2007 4:30 PM | Report abuse

Let's see: the guy who has a job, never sold his story for money and just wants to care for his baby turns out to be the daddy. There is a God. Now HKS needs to find another Sugar Momma (cause for sure he should be disbarred for his actions -- at the very least)

Posted by: ep | April 10, 2007 4:32 PM | Report abuse

I'm sure glad THAT*s settled. Now we can all sit back and watch them turn that kid into another JonBenet.

Posted by: Fairfax | April 10, 2007 4:32 PM | Report abuse

Oh, and the guy who won is the one who FIRED his attorney for talking to the press too much. If he can keep going the way he has, Dannielynn has a chance.

Posted by: ep | April 10, 2007 4:33 PM | Report abuse

I agree with "M" - but not just a few days. How about forever. We just don't need any more stories about that disfunctional group. And, yes, Fairfax, you're right - no chance in hell that kid's going to turn our normal.

Posted by: Milwaukee | April 10, 2007 4:50 PM | Report abuse

wait, what's with stern as a low bottom feeder? i haven't been paying attn.

Posted by: not bluto | April 10, 2007 4:51 PM | Report abuse

I agree with "M" - but not just a few days. How about forever. We just don't need any more stories about that disfunctional group. And, yes, Fairfax, you're right - no chance in hell that kid's going to turn out normal.

Posted by: M2 | April 10, 2007 4:51 PM | Report abuse

For those who are saying that a baby isn't going to turn out "normal" - Are you "normal"? Do you even care that you are commenting negatively about a BABY. That's pretty pathetic.

Posted by: Marie | April 10, 2007 5:20 PM | Report abuse

I think we have witnessed the creation of the next generation's Paris Hilton. With (potentially) all that money, the collective guilt over her being motherless, and the legacy of her surgically-enhanced stripper mother hanging over her... how can it be otherwise? This should be LB's personal challenge to himself. See if he can prevent that inevitable train wreck. Best of luck to him.

Posted by: WDC | April 10, 2007 5:22 PM | Report abuse

Actually, Marie, we're commenting negatively on the cast of tasteless thousands that will likely turn that BABY into a trampy tabloid editor's dream. I don't know if it's nature or nuture, but this little mite doesn't have much hope either way.

Posted by: Emmy | April 10, 2007 5:25 PM | Report abuse

WDC & Emmy - I'm sure her biggest obstacle will be people like you.

Posted by: Marie | April 10, 2007 5:32 PM | Report abuse

"The other guys must be real bottom feeders" -- anyone who would sleep with someone as gross as ANS (who we now know had genital warts on top of everything else) is, IMHO, definitely a bottom feeder!

Posted by: CC | April 10, 2007 6:10 PM | Report abuse

Who didn't think it was Larry's baby?! And yes, it is time for this to go away. BUT I cannot wait for her to turn 16! I'm imagining a huge party, lots of booze and drugs, strippers, and a new car, just like on MTV's Sweet 16. Yay!

Posted by: miss belle | April 10, 2007 7:35 PM | Report abuse

The next question is: who gave Anna Nichole genital warts?

Posted by: edie | April 10, 2007 7:49 PM | Report abuse

miss belle, your thoughts are rather vile and I somehow doubt that Larry Birkhead will raise her to go down that path.

Posted by: Bet me | April 10, 2007 8:34 PM | Report abuse

Larry Birkhead is an opportunist, same with the phony Prince Frederic von Anhalt. If not for that potential megamillions of Dannielynn, it is highly unlikely that Birkhead would pursue the paternity case.

Posted by: Carol | April 11, 2007 12:50 AM | Report abuse

Actually Carol...Larry was trying to prove that he was Dannielynn's daddy way before Anna even died. So he's not about the money.

Posted by: has followed the story | April 11, 2007 4:34 PM | Report abuse