Posted at 9:06 AM ET, 04/16/2007

Morning Mix: A Message From Britney, Y'all

By Liz Kelly

Headlines: Prince William ends relationship with longtime girlfriend... Meanwhile, Princess Beatrice parties with Jermaine Jackson... Madonna and child arrive in Malawi for charity visit... Anna Nicole Smith's mother slowing down handover of baby Dannielynn to Larry Birkhead; Howard K. Stern files slander lawsuit against Arthur's lawyer... Andre Agassi accidentally hits wife Steffi Graf in face with tennis racket... Hawaiian crooner Don Ho dead at 76... Courtney Love denies she had weight-loss surgery... Alicia Silverstone praises her vegan lifestyle... Salma Hayek slams the Bible... Hackers using Paris Hilton pics to infect computers... Shia LaBeouf signs on to new "Indiana Jones" movie... Jon Cryer ("Two and a Half Men") to marry... Mike Tyson sells Arizona home for $2.1 million... Video: Simon Cowell on '90s-era game show.

Rumor Mill: Edward Norton is the new "Hulk"... Halle Berry or Sienna Miller to star in "Barbarella" remake?... Beckhams living separate lives?... Rep denies Leonardo DiCaprio and girlfriend expecting... Sean Connery tested for throat cancer.

Photos: Famous Scientologists

Shut Your Mouth!
"I just want to say that I'm just really, really shocked at like how nice our world is because it is just so nice. Like, oh my God. Like the other day like I was sitting there and I saw all these magazines and they said I was pregnant and like it's so true. It was so right and like my management totally knew what they were doing when they sent me to rehab. So right you know?" -- Britney Spears | Video

By Liz Kelly  | April 16, 2007; 9:06 AM ET
Categories:  Daily Mix
Save & Share:  Send E-mail   Facebook   Twitter   Digg   Yahoo Buzz   Del.icio.us   StumbleUpon   Technorati   Google Buzz   Previous: Friday List: Celluloid Celebrity
Next: Comment Box: All-Star Politicians

Comments

The first Hulk movie was one of the worst movies ever made. Now they want to make a sequel?!?!

Posted by: BF | April 16, 2007 9:21 AM | Report abuse

Brit's pregnant again?

Posted by: Anonymous | April 16, 2007 9:30 AM | Report abuse

Why hasn't the court told Howard K. Stern to hand over the baby to the real father? Isn't that a no brainer?
And--like--what is Britney Spears talking about?

Posted by: methinks | April 16, 2007 9:30 AM | Report abuse

I'm glad to hear that Alicia Silverstone is so happy her vegan lifestyle is making her healthier; but since she was busier and more talented back in the day she might want to consider what affect it's having on her career. And I know Salma Hayek would be my go to on matters Biblical.

Posted by: Stick | April 16, 2007 9:33 AM | Report abuse

and thank you for the public service... posting the pics of famous scientologists. what a collection of whackos.

Posted by: methinks | April 16, 2007 9:36 AM | Report abuse

That statement is absolute proof that Britney needs to go back to rehab. She's on several somethings. The entertainment industry needs to have a mandatory sex ed course for every entertainer (I use that word lightly) and give out condoms with the free swag bags.

Posted by: petal | April 16, 2007 9:55 AM | Report abuse

Like oh my god, I know there is like this freedom of speech thing but what if we all like got together and like signed a petition, like maybe like we could ban Britney Spears from like ever talking again! Oh my God!

Posted by: Sharon | April 16, 2007 10:23 AM | Report abuse

None of you (including you, Liz?) could see that Britney Spears was being sarcastic? Seriously, can we give her just a leeeetle credit?

Posted by: c'mon! | April 16, 2007 10:29 AM | Report abuse

You guys know Britney was making fun of people, right? Watch the video, it's pretty clear.

Posted by: AnnieH | April 16, 2007 10:29 AM | Report abuse

A couple of observations:

Being vegan tends to make one pretty gassy. Not sure why Alicia is so happy with THAT...

Does Britney have any concept of the English language? I have no !@#$%^&* clue what she was even trying to say.

Posted by: Thin Man | April 16, 2007 10:45 AM | Report abuse

So if I became a Scientologist, about how long do I have to wait before I start working in Hollywood? Does the Church cover moving expenses? Can I choose which Hollywood actress to be my wife?

Posted by: BF | April 16, 2007 10:46 AM | Report abuse

I can tell now which two movies I won't be seeing in the future: Hulk and Barbarella.
Oh, and to Mr. Bootleg Movie Dealer, I don't want the DVD for $5. I'll take your word that it is a "good" copy.

Posted by: Lisa1 | April 16, 2007 10:47 AM | Report abuse

I'm so happy for Duckie!

Posted by: Baltimoron | April 16, 2007 10:56 AM | Report abuse

Oh give me a break. Of course Courtney Love had some kind of surgery. At her age you don't look like that without it. Diet and excercise won't take off the loose, floppy skin (take it from one who knows.)

And I'm sorry, but yuck. Why do these royals drink such horrible stuff? Can't they at least learn about wine or something?

Posted by: Barb | April 16, 2007 11:05 AM | Report abuse

annieh & c'mon...yes, britney was being sarcastic. but will she never learn to keep her mouth SHUT? the best thing she can do right now is to shut up and work on her rehabilitation (both personally & professionally.) she needs to develop thicker skin.

Posted by: methinks | April 16, 2007 11:07 AM | Report abuse

I just read a very nice article about Don Ho in the Post by Mary Lou Foy. If you loved Don, please read it!

Posted by: Barb | April 16, 2007 11:22 AM | Report abuse

Excuse me, but Who you callin' a "Don Ho"? I won't sit by and let you belittle that fine man's accomplishments by calling him names. You don't even know him and what he went through. You, Miss Celebritologist, are impugning all Hawaiians with your careless name-calling.

Posted by: Huh? | April 16, 2007 11:55 AM | Report abuse

And you, Barb, are no better than Liz. Unless you're Hawaiian, you have no right calling him that, even if you're just repeating Liz's story.

Posted by: Huh? again | April 16, 2007 11:57 AM | Report abuse

Edgar Winter is one of them?!?! SAY IT AIN'T SO!!

Wow, Jon Cryer on this Post page, Molly Ringwald on another Post page, it's like a weird, quasi-reunion of Pretty in Pink.

Posted by: Bored @ work | April 16, 2007 12:01 PM | Report abuse

"she needs to develop thicker skin"

I bet that's really easy to say when you don't have the paparazzi all of you twenty four hours, seven days a week.

Posted by: Re: Britney | April 16, 2007 12:26 PM | Report abuse

Huh?: what are you talking about? if it's sarcasm, it's coming across even more poorly than britney's version.... if it's not, please give some background, what's so bad about the guy's name...

Posted by: ? | April 16, 2007 12:29 PM | Report abuse

?, obviously you've not read a newspaper or watched 24 hour news in the last week.

Posted by: st.louis | April 16, 2007 12:34 PM | Report abuse

st.louis - i just don't understand why someone would take what's going on with imus/rutgers and connect it to the death of don ho... trying to be funny? well sorry, but i don't find that hilarious or the poster very witty if that is the intention

Posted by: ? | April 16, 2007 12:45 PM | Report abuse

I didn't make a joke about Don Ho, another poster did. You were the one "pretending" you didn't get said joke.

Posted by: st.louis | April 16, 2007 1:00 PM | Report abuse

Britney's video was sarcastic, people. She was ripping on all the trash that is written in tabloids. There's much more to it than what was quoted above. I loved it and I'm NOT what you would call a fan of hers.

As for the Don Ho comment. Either you're an idiot for not knowing that's his last name or you are just really insensitive for connecting his death to the totally unrelated Imus debacle.

Posted by: kc | April 16, 2007 1:03 PM | Report abuse

britney spears has had paparazzi following her for years because she wants paparazzi following her. she puts herself out there, saying and doing dumb things, then is p.o.'d when the media/tabloids reports on said dumb things (or even--gasp!--stretches the truth!) she makes herself a target.
i do think she's a bit of a dumb bunny but she can't seriously think she's going to fly under the radar with the life choices she's made in the 24/7 celebrity obsessed culture we live in these days (sorry liz, you're one of the good ones.)
and how do you know that i'm NOT being followed by paparazzi 24/7? in fact i'm having a corned beef sandwich with my fave photog right now.

Posted by: methinks | April 16, 2007 1:16 PM | Report abuse

st.louis - I know you didn't make the comment, I'm sorry if that's what you thought I was saying. And I wasn't trying to "pretend" I didn't know what Huh? was talking about, I just didn't think the poster would really be connecting Don Ho to Don Imus, so I was honestly asking him/her to clarify since since I thought I was missing something... sorry, I didn't get the sarcasm! Got it now!

Posted by: st.louis | April 16, 2007 1:20 PM | Report abuse

oops, ? posted the above, didn't mean to steal your name there st. louis, sorry.

Posted by: ? | April 16, 2007 1:22 PM | Report abuse

britney is mentally handicapped.

Posted by: Anonymous | April 16, 2007 1:25 PM | Report abuse

I'm sad about Prince William and Kate Middleton ... what a bummer, I like them both. :-(

Posted by: Catherine | April 16, 2007 2:42 PM | Report abuse

They were a cute couple. And she seemed 1) smart and 2) normal. Unlike so many in that family.... it could have been good, but I would also agree with him (and her?) that they were too young. Ah well. Now he can fall in with and marry some gold-digger.

Posted by: Anonymous | April 16, 2007 3:15 PM | Report abuse

Britney isn't even good at sarcasm-- that was one of the lamest attempts I've ever seen. The saddest thing is that her comments seem to indicate that she was forced into her stint in rehab and still doesn't think it was necessary.

Posted by: florida | April 16, 2007 3:56 PM | Report abuse