Posted at 7:48 AM ET, 04/ 3/2007

Morning Mix: Brangelina Plotting Fourth Adoption?

By Liz Kelly

Headlines: Rosie O'Donnell calls Bill O'Reilly a "fattish imbecile"... Howard K. Stern drops appeal in paternity case... Spice Girl Mel B gives birth to baby girl. (Oh, and, happy birthday Eddie Murphy)... Madonna dedicates new children's book to David Banda... Oprah to speak at Howard University commencement ceremony... Jennifer Lopez (The Artist Formerly Known As J.Lo) spends Monday at jury duty... The Cure teaming up with Ashlee Simpson... Justin Timberlake says he's had it with gossip magazines... Mandy Moore fractures ankle at magazine photo shoot... Black Eyed Peas's Fergie talks about her lesbian relationships... Ashes of "Star Trek's" Scotty (James Doohan) to be blasted into space (the final frontier)... Big-mouthed "Knight Rider" car KITT up for sale... John Taylor's (Duran Duran) home burglarized... Warrant issued for country singer Billy Joe Shaver in shooting incident.

Rumor Mill: Angelina Jolie planning fourth adoption?... Mariah Carey next star to adopt? (second item)... Rose McGowan broke up "Grindhouse" director Robert Rodriguez's marriage... Is Usher's fiance pregnant with another man's child?... Gillian Anderson out of "X-Files" movie?

Give the Gift of Cheese: Crooner Barry Manilow sells Manilow-monikered wine, tea, bobblehead dolls and pillow cases on Web site.

Alanis Morissette Has Humps, Too:

P.S. Scary celebrity tattoos -- as in Rodney Dangerfield scary.

By Liz Kelly  | April 3, 2007; 7:48 AM ET
Categories:  Daily Mix
Save & Share:  Send E-mail   Facebook   Twitter   Digg   Yahoo Buzz   Del.icio.us   StumbleUpon   Technorati   Google Buzz   Previous: Comment Box: How Many Black Eyed Peas?
Next: Celebritology Clip n' Save: The 411 for Jeremy Piven's 911

Comments

That clinches it. I got major buddy-love for Timberlake. He's grounded and playful at the same time, doesn't put up with celebrity B.S. but also doesn't take himself so seriously that he can't camp it up for an auditorium full of kids. I saw him get slimed at the tail end of the Nick awards and you'd think he was in the backyard with 6000 nieces and nephews. He is officially a Good Guy.

Posted by: 23112 | April 3, 2007 8:57 AM | Report abuse

A Rodney Dangerfield tattoo isn't really that odd, but Conan O'Brian? He's not even funny or talented in the least way. Who would go through that torture for him?!

Posted by: Barb | April 3, 2007 9:06 AM | Report abuse

Rosie,

Don't be so harsh - "fattish imbecile" is going a little far.

Wait ... I'm sorry ... Since you were looking in the mirror we all figured you were talking to yourself again.

Tell your Doctor the meds aren't working anymore so he can up the dosage.

Posted by: Bill O. | April 3, 2007 9:08 AM | Report abuse

Given her weight problem and limited intellectual abilities (umm, fire melts steel every day, that is how they get it soft enough to shape it), she really shouldn't be calling someone else a "fattish imbecile."

Posted by: ep | April 3, 2007 9:09 AM | Report abuse

I have to agree with Bill O. and ep. Rosie has no business calling anyone a fattish imbecile. Does anyone remember her stand up comedy act? It was far from clean. How can SHE be so judgemental? Please ABC, can her!

Posted by: Sharon | April 3, 2007 9:15 AM | Report abuse

" Rosie O'Donnell calls Bill O'Reilly a "fattish imbecile"... "

And in other news, a pot has called a kettle black.

Posted by: BF | April 3, 2007 9:26 AM | Report abuse

My favorite part of the article on KITT:

Most of the buttons don't do anything, Verhoek said. Nor can the car hold a conversation or drive itself.

LOL! Can you imagine someone reading that and thinking, "Darnit! Well, I'm not gonna waste my money then." Awesome the things you have to tell people.

Posted by: Melinda | April 3, 2007 9:41 AM | Report abuse

Some of those tattoos are amazing. Not that I'd want Rodney Dangerfield on my leg, but they're still great artwork.

How appropriate that the kid Eddie's denying is born on his birthday?

And that Alanis video? ROFLMAO!!!

Posted by: Bored @ work | April 3, 2007 10:08 AM | Report abuse

For what possible reason would anyone want a Tony Danza tattoo?

Barb: I must disagree. Conan O'Brian is funny through not on the same level as Jon Stewart or David Letterman.

Posted by: Anonymous | April 3, 2007 10:18 AM | Report abuse

So I read the Fergie article, wondering if she was somehow feeling insecure and wanted to grab some spotlight.

And now I see why. Alanis totally upstaged her! That was !@#$%^&* hilarious!

Posted by: Chasmosaur | April 3, 2007 10:30 AM | Report abuse

Rosie calling someone a "fattish imbecile". I mean, this stuff just writes itself. Her standup act was far from funny too.

Posted by: Stick | April 3, 2007 10:32 AM | Report abuse

The Alanis video is...surreal. She's got a razor-sharp sense of humor and I like that.

Posted by: A in T | April 3, 2007 10:45 AM | Report abuse

"The Alanis video is...surreal."

OMFG yes. I found myself backing away from the monitor.

Posted by: 23112 | April 3, 2007 11:05 AM | Report abuse

Another adoption for Angelina Jolie? If these kids were cats, we'd call her a hoarder.

Posted by: DC Cubefarm | April 3, 2007 11:05 AM | Report abuse

I enjoyed this year Kid's Choice Awards more than Golden Globes and Oscars combined, and I'm in my thirties. Yes, I watched Nickelodeon ....so sue me.

Posted by: Lisa1 | April 3, 2007 11:16 AM | Report abuse

DC Cubefarm beat me to it. Angelina Jolie definitely qualifies as a collector, if she does it again.

Posted by: Yoki | April 3, 2007 11:19 AM | Report abuse

I found it interesting that Angelina feels that Shiloh does not need a sibling who looks like her, but Max and Zahara do.

Posted by: Lisa1 | April 3, 2007 11:27 AM | Report abuse

Lisa1, Angelina notes that Shiloh has Brad and her to look at. It is not a sibling requirement, just a person-like-me issue.

Posted by: jo | April 3, 2007 12:01 PM | Report abuse

This is totally off-topic, but of critical importance to all the women going thru withdrawal because Liz hasn't posted a gratuitous picture of Gerard Butler in a couple of weeks--he's going to be on the Tonight Show tonite. Whee!

This concludes the public service announcement.

Posted by: sen | April 3, 2007 12:16 PM | Report abuse

Aslee Simpson & The Cure? My. Head. Hurts.

Posted by: KiKi | April 3, 2007 12:39 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: Lisa1 | April 3, 2007 12:41 PM | Report abuse

Can the Pokémon franchise license Angelina Jolie's family for a limited-edition "Pokémon: Angelina Jolie Collection"?

Just think, we could have children of the world printed on each card, and as "Angelina Jolie", your job is to collect them all. Be the first on your block to collect the extremely rare Aleutian child!

All proceeds from "Pokémon: Angelina Jolie Collection" can go towards UNICEF or some other Angelina-sanctioned charity. Everybody wins! :)

Posted by: Ken | April 3, 2007 1:08 PM | Report abuse

Rose McGowan's lover and his wife named their kids Rebel, Rocket, Rogue and Racer? Holy moly ... these people should be locked up for child abuse.

Yep, I agree Angelina's a hoarder. Aren't there laws against adopting too many children too soon? If not, there should be. And I don't like her cavalier attitude towards Shiloh. She just doesn't seem to care about that kid much.

Posted by: Catherine | April 3, 2007 1:10 PM | Report abuse

ROFL, Ken!! :-)

Posted by: Catherine | April 3, 2007 1:12 PM | Report abuse

Alanis's cover reminds me of Ben Folds' "B!tches Ain't Sh*t" version last year or so.

The Cure/Ashlee Simpson union surely signals something unholy yet to come. Perhaps their album.

Posted by: funny | April 3, 2007 1:30 PM | Report abuse

"Fattish imbecile" did Rosie peek during her dustup with Trump.

Now that the baby is here, it's only a matter of days before the celebrity Maury show. Eddie Murphy you are.........

I've heard that Usher's lady was married with kids before they got together and now this.

Alanis Morissette is now on my list of funny people. Her version is now my pick for the next American Idol audition. I always avoided that song like the plague, I just knew the words would sicken me and I was right.

Posted by: petal | April 3, 2007 3:04 PM | Report abuse

The Alanis video is great. I had to wait until I got home to watch...damn websense.

As for Rosie, not a fan, but check out www.newshounds.us. Apprarently she has good reason to go after Bill O'Reilly...he's trying to get her fired. Go figure.

Posted by: st. louis | April 3, 2007 7:22 PM | Report abuse

Bill O'Reilly just went up a few notches in my book.

Posted by: BF | April 4, 2007 9:45 AM | Report abuse