Posted at 7:58 AM ET, 04/10/2007

Morning Mix: Dunst Says Weed Makes for a Better World

By Liz Kelly

Headlines: Don Imus gets two-week suspension for racial slur... Anna Nicole Smith baby DNA results due today... Justin Timberlake says he boosted popularity of McDonalds, Grammys... Britney Spears (dressed in a tea towel) spends Easter shopping... Nine hundred guests welcome back "Entourage" at premiere party... Tobey Maguire may pass on fourth "Spider-Man" installment... Leonardo DiCaprio signs up for al Qaeda drama... NBC pulls Andy Richter's new sitcom... Elizabeth Shue ("Leaving Las Vegas") planning pro tennis career... "The Hills's" Jason Wahler arrested again.

Rumor Mill: Angelina Jolie using subsidized daycare for kids?... Scarlett Johansson and Ryan Reynolds enjoy New York weekend... Tabloid says Tom Cruise told Katie Holmes she's not happy enough in public... Film students accuse Quentin Tarantino of ripping off "Grindhouse" idea... Diddy regales four-month-old daughters with diamond necklaces... Jay-Z denies fathering model's five-year-old son... Sharon Osbourne to replace Brandy as judge on "America's Got Talent"... Laura Dern signs on for fourth "Jurassic Park."

Quotes of the Day:
"If everyone smoked weed, the world would be a better place." -- Kirsten Dunst

"I'd say it's got a cannibal, consumption, obsessive, violent-sex, romance angle -- but with an upbeat swing to it." -- Marilyn Manson on his upcoming album

"I'd shed no tears if Imus were compelled to retire to his ranch, where he could sit at a microphone every morning and regale the livestock with late-breaking opinions." -- The Post's Eugene Robinson

By Liz Kelly  | April 10, 2007; 7:58 AM ET
Categories:  Daily Mix
Save & Share:  Send E-mail   Facebook   Twitter   Digg   Yahoo Buzz   Del.icio.us   StumbleUpon   Technorati   Google Buzz   Previous: Morning Mix: Countdown to Reveal of Dannielynn's Daddy
Next: Report Card: TomKat Gets Schooled

Comments

If a store employee asked me to leave so they could close the story for Britney Spears to shop "privately", I'd tell them to stick where the sun don't shine and then vomit all over Britney.

Posted by: Sharon | April 10, 2007 10:00 AM | Report abuse

Help me, no matter how many series NBC gives me, I always find a way to screw it up. Maybe the next time NBC wants me to star in a show, I wont actually appear in the show.

Posted by: Andy Richter | April 10, 2007 10:10 AM | Report abuse

What are the odds that Imus's slur would happen at a time when his listener was tuned in?

Posted by: BF | April 10, 2007 10:11 AM | Report abuse

Tarantino is a well known thief who lacks any original ideas in his film making. instead, He rips off ideas/themes/styles/camera angles from previously released underground films, calls them his own, and smiles with a mouth full of sh*t, patting himself on the back for how ef'ing clever he was to "reference" that one particular film. for example, here is a wiki rundown of everything he stole to make Kill Bill: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Influences_on_Kill_Bill.

Posted by: pete | April 10, 2007 10:39 AM | Report abuse

Oh, for the love, get on with it already. It's been forever waiting on the ANS baby daddy results, the darn drumroll's been going in my head for a while now. Maury would have needed two days tops.

Forget Andy Richter, they cancelled The Black Donnellys. You bastards!(directed at NBC)

I agree with Tom, I have seen a lot less of Katie's teeth these past months. However, when realizing that you've made a huge mistake that you have to live with (along with all of its relatives 24 friggin 7) until you can make a hasty retreat does make it hard to appear happy in public.

Posted by: petal | April 10, 2007 10:51 AM | Report abuse

just when you thought it was safe to go back to the theater.... another jurassic park movie.

Posted by: b | April 10, 2007 11:03 AM | Report abuse

Kirsten, hon, you can't make a blanket statement like that. Not everyone can handle the happy buds.

Some people get paranoid or unpleasant when they smoke ganja. Others get lazy and lose their motivation, content to spend days or weeks watching the world pass them by. And still others find themselves bedding down with anything in pants.

Not that I'm all that worried by that last subgroup. -- wink --

Posted by: Silver Spring liberal | April 10, 2007 11:11 AM | Report abuse

I am going to laugh my a-- off when the ANS results come out and none of the three losers are the daddy.

I still feel really sorry for the little kid though - what a circus life she is going to be stuck in.

Posted by: SoMD | April 10, 2007 11:15 AM | Report abuse

Actually, I've always thought the world would be a better place if everyone did Ectasy on a regular basis. Think about how happy and loving we would all be.....

Posted by: Better Place | April 10, 2007 11:25 AM | Report abuse

To Kirsten: My cousin, in the state pen, feels the same way; maybe you two can hook up

Tom: Of course she's unhappy. She spent the last year living out a teenage girl fantasy with a movie star that you manipulated to sell movie tickets. Now, she stuck with a controlling husband who trying to save his "public image" while your children long for they mother Nicole. Smart move, Tom.

Posted by: Lisa1 | April 10, 2007 11:26 AM | Report abuse

What b said.

When I came out of the theatre after seeing JP2 I told my companion that if I ever met Steven Spielberg, I'd beat him up and take my $6 back.

I really should calculate what that $6 would be worth now, 10 years later, and adjust the number. But I'm still going to pop Mr Spielberg a good one...

Posted by: byoolin | April 10, 2007 11:29 AM | Report abuse

Of course Tarantino stole someone's ideas for Grindhouse. That was kinda the point wasn't it?

The first folks in line for that lawsuit should be the folks behind Duel, Vanishing Point, Dirty Mary Crazy Larry, & all those other crazy car flicks from the 70s.

Posted by: Bored @ work | April 10, 2007 12:30 PM | Report abuse

Dear Kirsten Dunce:

People who don't have real jobs (you know, like acting) can afford to smoke pot and be happily impaired without any discernable difference in their performance. I'm not sure you'd appreciate it if your airline pilot, doctor/paramedic, limo driver, accountant, etc. were so inclined to indulge.

--Never a Fan

Posted by: sen | April 10, 2007 12:58 PM | Report abuse

So when Britney tried on clothes, was she wearing underwear?? And given that she was indeed wearing a tea towel, did she buy some (apparently much-needed) clothes for herself?

And please tell me those "giraffe fur" jackets are fake fur ...

Posted by: Catherine | April 10, 2007 1:00 PM | Report abuse

It didn't take nearly as long as I thought for rumors of Katie's unhappiness to become public. I figured it'd take years. Maybe if Katie had some normal friends (like the ones she used to have pre-Tom) and could escape the Cruise Compound populated with nutty Cruise family members and Scientology handlers, she'd feel better!

And what's up with the Mohawk hairdos on both Angelina's Asian kids?

Posted by: Anonymous | April 10, 2007 1:06 PM | Report abuse

"Quentin Tarantino steals ideas from other movies"

Oh Please, Those film students should be force to repeat Film History 101, and write an 5 page paper on "Why my movie will be never be as interesting as Tarantino's on his worst day."

Posted by: Lisa1 | April 10, 2007 2:39 PM | Report abuse