Posted at 7:54 AM ET, 04/ 4/2007

Morning Mix: Manager Says Richards Did Not Snort Pops

By Liz Kelly

Actress Halle Berry hugs Honorary Mayor of Hollywood Johnny Grant. (AP)

Headlines: Keith Richards's manager says he didn't snort his father... Newsweek says Will Smith is most powerful actor... Judge doesn't say name of Anna Nicole Smith's baby's daddy... Shandi Finnessey says "Dancing With the Stars" experience was amazing... Jennifer Lopez says Marc Anthony is her perfect match... Fergie says Josh Duhamel is her private dancer... Mark Wahlberg says he doesn't think of himself as a sex symbol... Coldplay's Chris Martin says "This is my wife Gwyneth"... Tearful Heather Mills says she's no golddigger... Salma Hayek says she faces prejudice in Mexico and the U.S... Halle Berry says she wishes we could all be "inside her right now"... Rosario Dawson says she loves being single... Film critic Roger Ebert says he's feeling better... Lindsay Lohan says "gotta think sex scene today."

Rumor Mill: Tommy Lee moves back in with Pamela Anderson... Paula Zahn files for divorce... Paris Hilton demanded DUI sketch be cut from MTV comedy show... Scarlett Johansson adds no nudity clause to her contracts... John Travolta's private jet makes emergency landing in Ireland.

By Liz Kelly  | April 4, 2007; 7:54 AM ET
Categories:  Daily Mix
Save & Share:  Send E-mail   Facebook   Twitter   Digg   Yahoo Buzz   Del.icio.us   StumbleUpon   Technorati   Google Buzz   Previous: Celebritology Clip n' Save: The 411 for Jeremy Piven's 911
Next: Keith Richards, Father's Little Helper

Comments

Heather, have you been hanging with Gwyneth? You are a gold digger because you were NOT rich when you married Sir Paul and by divorcing him you get a ton of that money he earned before he ever met your gold digging, dancing with one leg, skanky butt.

Posted by: ep | April 4, 2007 9:04 AM | Report abuse

Coming to theaters this fall... The long awaited sequel to "Being John Malkovich"... "Being Halle Berry".

----

"People label me a gold digger and, if I was, I would've been a very wealthy woman when I met Paul, and that wasn't the case at all,"

Um.. yeah. All gold diggers are wealthy BEFORE they start digging.

----

And what is with all the Fergie news this week? She's batting a thousand by being discussed in celebritology every day this week.

Posted by: BF | April 4, 2007 9:15 AM | Report abuse

She's in "Grindhouse," so she's out everywhere right now getting her name in the news.

Posted by: Liz | April 4, 2007 9:27 AM | Report abuse

Someone needs to tell Halle that even going three at a time it's going to take a while.

Posted by: byoolin | April 4, 2007 9:34 AM | Report abuse

I will skip the obvious salutory comment about Halle Berry. These things just write themselves

Heather Mills just illustrates the victimization mentality wherein the "victims" assign themselves the authority of definition. They get to define what something is or isnt, what constitutes an insult and whether or not something is offensive.

Posted by: Stick | April 4, 2007 9:35 AM | Report abuse

re: lohan's inane answers to the GQ interviewer...i'm a professional journalist and i've never suggested to a subject that we interview via text messaging 'because that's how all the kids are doing it these days.' that writer sounds like a freekin' idjit.
re: halle berry. no thanks. i'll just stay within my own self for now.

Posted by: methinks | April 4, 2007 9:36 AM | Report abuse

I'm fairly sure that Chris Martin & Chris Martin ONLY thinks having Gwenyth as a wife is a great coup.

Now if he coulda said "This is my wife Pamela Anderson" or "Carmen Electra" or "enter name of hot/awesome babe of your choosing here" then I might find his little dig worthy.

Yeah she's an Oscar winner but so is Marissa Tomei so big whoop.

Posted by: Bored @ work | April 4, 2007 9:36 AM | Report abuse

And I would much rather be married to Oscar winner Tomei then Oscar winner Palthrow

Posted by: Marissa any day! | April 4, 2007 9:44 AM | Report abuse

- Good Lord Chris, if your childhood bully is more impressed by Gwyneth than by you being a rock-star, what does that say about Coldplay?

-I love the title of the Lindsay Lohan article: "Lindsay Lohan Still Stupid" and the description of her "she has the attention span of a puppy on cocaine."

Posted by: Lisa1 | April 4, 2007 9:51 AM | Report abuse

what the heck is Salma crying about? She doesn't get good parts. Maybe it's because you aren't that great of an actress, but play the race card anyway, honey

Posted by: Anonymous | April 4, 2007 9:53 AM | Report abuse

Is this the "Says" celebritology blog today?
"Jennifer Lopez says...
Fergie says ...
Mark Wahlberg says...
Coldplay's Chris Martin says...
Tearful Heather Mills says...
Salma Hayek says...
Halle Berry says...
Rosario Dawson says...
Film critic Roger Ebert says...
Lindsay Lohan says..."

Posted by: kc | April 4, 2007 10:02 AM | Report abuse

Salma Hayek doesn't good parts because of her heavy accent than her race.

Posted by: nyc | April 4, 2007 10:06 AM | Report abuse

It was a day of people "saying" funny things! Everyone's a critic...

I'm one who's come along on Heather Mills, and think people are being unfair. I think she met she'd be a rich woman "once she met" Paul, not before she met him. It seems like she inartfully said that, but she was feeling emotional. As for the divorce, she does have a child with him, and she'll probably get primary physical custody of the child, and he makes a lot of money = she'll get a lot of child support. And if she's telling the truth that she stopped working as a speaker/campaigner to be a supportive wife to Paul, then that factors into spousal support as contributing to marital well-being. Not everyone who gets support is a gold digger! Maybe she really did love him! I got the impression that her reaction was sincere...

Posted by: oh come on | April 4, 2007 10:11 AM | Report abuse

Salma Hayek doesn't get good parts because she doesn't show enough of her good parts rather than her race.

Posted by: Anonymous | April 4, 2007 10:14 AM | Report abuse

"I think she [meant] she'd be a rich woman "once she met" Paul, not before she met him."

That doesn't make sense either. She was/is a rich woman since marrying Paul. Unless of course she was living in a tool shed on Paul's estate, and still driving a used AMC Gremlin.

Heather, if you want people to no longer think of you as a gold digger, stop asking for the annual gross national product of Zimbabwe as your monthly alimony.

Posted by: BF | April 4, 2007 10:21 AM | Report abuse

Thanks for noticing, KC!

Posted by: Liz | April 4, 2007 10:33 AM | Report abuse

How awesome would it be if Rosario Dawson was related to Richard Dawson? Do we know for sure that she isn't? Can we get the Game Show Network people on this right now?

Posted by: Ronnie | April 4, 2007 10:40 AM | Report abuse

what is going on in that picture of halle berry and johnny grant? he looks mildly disgusted that she has smashed herself against him...

Posted by: hello neuman | April 4, 2007 10:44 AM | Report abuse

I can think of nothing more comfortable and satisfying than being inside Halle Berry right now.

Posted by: vivid imagination | April 4, 2007 11:06 AM | Report abuse

Yeah, ol' Step-and-a-half just dropped right out of sight when she met PM. She is on record as being critical of people "hoarding" their money when she believes it is better spent on cause she deems worthy. She wants her ungloved lunch hooks on as much of his lolly as she can get to fund her activism.

Posted by: Stick | April 4, 2007 11:13 AM | Report abuse

Stick if you think most of the money she gets is going to her causes, you have been snorting Keith Richards' dad. She want other's peoples money to be spent on her causes, her money is to buy antique commodes.

Posted by: ep | April 4, 2007 11:18 AM | Report abuse

Chris Martin is what everyone dreams about being at their high school reunion; well, that, and being dropped off at the reunion by a perosnal helicopter. Good for him. I didn't even go to my reunion because all I had to say was I was kicked out of medical school for drinking and now own a cat. I love my cat dearly, but she ain't no Gwyneth.

Posted by: Groucho Marx | April 4, 2007 11:21 AM | Report abuse

Is ANS's baby daddy's name not released because he isn't one of the current contestants?

Mark - sweetie you don't need to think of yourself as a sex symbol. I'll continue to do that for you.

Heather - you know what they say about denial and a river in Africa.

Halle - I have several male friends who wish the same thing.

Rosario -I would love being single as well if it meant having a shot at Gerard Butler.

Posted by: petal | April 4, 2007 11:29 AM | Report abuse

Groucho Marx: Your cat probably has a better attitude than Gwyneth. Plus, your cat does not give interviews so I say you made out better than Chris Martin

Posted by: Lisa1 | April 4, 2007 12:32 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: WoW | April 4, 2007 12:54 PM | Report abuse

Guess I'm the only one on heather's side! The typo was a little embarrassing, but it would have been worse to post again to correct one word. I thought it made sense because even through she lives in a mansion - those assets aren't necessarily her own. And like I said, big incomes equal big spousal and child support...it's a little money grubbing, but I think most of us would ask for all the money we were entitled to under the law, especially if we felt slighted. I work in a courthouse, and if I harbored hate for Heather, I'd have to harbor hate for almost every couple that comes in to get divorced...this type of squabble is common, just not always on this large a scale!

Posted by: "oh come on" | April 4, 2007 1:01 PM | Report abuse

"BF: you're wrong about the AMC Gremlin. If you watch the Soup, you'd know she was driving a PT Cwuiser before she met Sir Paul."

Wow. She was worse off before Paul than I thought!

Posted by: BF | April 4, 2007 1:41 PM | Report abuse

Wow -- good on you for bringing back the audio of that woman on "The Soup" saying "A PT Cwuzer!" over and over again.

Posted by: Liz | April 4, 2007 2:36 PM | Report abuse