Posted at 7:28 AM ET, 04/ 2/2007

Morning Mix: Rosie and Hasselbeck, BFF 4Eva!

By Liz Kelly

Headlines: Elizabeth Hasselbeck says she and Rosie O'Donnell are best of friends... Drugs that killed Anna Nicole Smith prescribed to Howard K. Stern, others... Daniel Craig tops list of most stylish men... Justin Timberlake, who recently dissed "Idol" Taylor Hicks, takes top honors at Kids' Choice Awards... Hilary Duff says she's felt pressured to be thin... Lil' Jon sets world bling record with diamond pendant... Helen Mirren (who just joined the cast of the locally-filming "National Treasure" sequel) buys 500-year-old Italian castle... Usher engaged to longtime girlfriend... Marie Osmond divorcing husband of 20 years... Warren Beatty admits "You're So Vain" is about him (second item)... Former "Family Ties" star Brian Bonsall (recognize him?) charged with assault... Martin Sheen cited at anti-nuke rally... That's right, "Adventures in Babysitting" is being remade.

Rumor Mill: More rumors fly after Diddy's late night visit to Sienna Miller's house... Woman arrested outside Tom Cruise's home... Man tries to storm Paul McCartney's English estate... Britney Spears, this year's Most Foolish American, celebrates divorce with night out on the town... Publicist outs Spears's rehab tennis partner... Avril Lavigne says Spears is "too weak" to cope with fame... Naomi Campbell launching line of lingerie... Jonathan Rhys Meyers and girlfriend love PDAs... "Sex and the City" movie is reportedly back on... Spice Girls reportedly want $1.9 million per show for reunion tour... George Hamilton may take over "Price is Right" hosting duties.

Bonus Quiz: Name that hair metal band.

By Liz Kelly  | April 2, 2007; 7:28 AM ET
Categories:  Daily Mix
Save & Share:  Send E-mail   Facebook   Twitter   Digg   Yahoo Buzz   Del.icio.us   StumbleUpon   Technorati   Google Buzz   Previous: Guilty Pleasure: Movies to Watch Again and Again
Next: Comment Box: How Many Black Eyed Peas?

Comments

What are the odds that the drugs that killed ANS's son were also prescribed to Stern?

Posted by: BF | April 2, 2007 9:04 AM | Report abuse

If Diddy got to Sienna's at 4am and left at 4pm the same day, that's only 12 hours - not nearly enough time for him to do his thing...

Posted by: byoolin | April 2, 2007 9:28 AM | Report abuse

Has Howard Stern never watched an episode of Law and Order? If you're going to commit a crime don't have you name attached to the murder weapon or medication, dumbo.

So Duff feels pressure to be thin and rather than rally against it she chooses to go along with it? The early Hillary had a little weight on her body and looked fine. It's a shame she doesn't feel pressure to learn how to act or sing.

First the Goonies on stage and now Adventures in Babysitting. Is nothing scared anymore?

Posted by: carmen | April 2, 2007 9:36 AM | Report abuse

I think Kathy Griffin is hot and I'm not an inmate. Just FYI. And I thought that it was well established years ago that Warren Beatty was the songs subject; who knew it was still news? Anyway, why wouldn't he say it's about him; what does Carly Simn say, it's her song?

Posted by: Stick | April 2, 2007 9:40 AM | Report abuse

it IS about him.

Posted by: never liked that song .... | April 2, 2007 10:17 AM | Report abuse

Hasselback looks ill. She looked better after 30 some days on Survivor. Scary! That hair band thing was hysterical!! That made my Monday.

Posted by: Sharon | April 2, 2007 10:18 AM | Report abuse

the puzzle on "you're so vain" used to be - was it about mick jagger, who sings backup, or warren beatty? toss-up. carly simon has never said. part of the allure of the song. unlike the celebs of today, she knew when to be quiet.

Posted by: frieda406 | April 2, 2007 10:30 AM | Report abuse

I seem to recal a few years ago Carly Simon issuing a press release stating that she was going to tell the person that the song was about them. The catch was that that person could never tell anyone that the song was about them.

Posted by: BF | April 2, 2007 10:37 AM | Report abuse

I believe James Taylor was also in the running as a possible subject for the "you're so vain" song of carly simon's.... I don't think she has publicly ever revealed who she wrote it about.

Posted by: hello neuman | April 2, 2007 10:39 AM | Report abuse

I am proud to say that I got every single one of the hair bands correct!!

Posted by: Bored @ work | April 2, 2007 10:43 AM | Report abuse

C'mon, who would pay Spice Girls $1.9 million for anything.

-Usher is engaged to his longtime stylist (not girlfriend). She was only been "The Girlfriend" since December before that she was the "Chick on the Side (that period doesn't count).

Posted by: Lisa1 | April 2, 2007 10:46 AM | Report abuse

I thought Mormons were "married for an eternity"? I wonder how Marie Osmond's church is reacting to the news.

I liked Hilary Duff when she was younger. She seemed to have a good head on her shoulders, now she seems like the rest of the young hollywood "twits" who have no real talent except being too thin and carousing around night clubs. I can't quite figure out what work she's had done-veneers, nose job? Anyone know for sure?

Posted by: alj13 | April 2, 2007 11:21 AM | Report abuse

Duff has had veneers. Two sets. The first made her look like Mr. Ed. They were replaced by a more natural looking set.

Just Google a few pics & you'll see the difference.

Posted by: Bored @ work | April 2, 2007 11:38 AM | Report abuse

I can't believe that I'm 40 & I know that much about Hilary Duff.

Is there rehab for celeb gossip junkies?!?!

Posted by: Bored @ work | April 2, 2007 11:40 AM | Report abuse

Probably hard for Hasselbeck (I keep reading it as "Hassellhoff", though) to add on that 10lbs. while Rosie's leaning on her, though. She's got to be an appetite-killer. And maybe it's just me, but I wouldn't be surprised to hear that Elizabeth's gotten a little bit of pressure to say she & Rosie are friendly, seeing as how NO ONE BELIEVES IT.

Posted by: 23112 | April 2, 2007 11:41 AM | Report abuse

Even Rosie's friends don't like her; they just take the money and say they do. She's so annoying.

Posted by: Stick | April 2, 2007 1:05 PM | Report abuse

Bored - I'm 37 and I'm asking the question! I figured she had veneers, but I wasn't sure if that was it. She still looks like a horse. She kinda looks like she's trying to be Kylie Minogue.

I'm no fan of Rosie or Elizabeth, but Rosie is a big bully who tends to plow right over people who disagree with her views. She won't let anyone else have a different opinion because her opinion is the only right one.

Posted by: alj13 | April 2, 2007 1:07 PM | Report abuse

Jonathan Rhys Meyers is heterosexual ... ???

Posted by: Catherine | April 2, 2007 1:12 PM | Report abuse

JRM: Sounds like he was over-advertising, if you know what I mean. That probably does mean he's gay.

And B. Bonsall....Parents, DO NOT GET YOUR KIDS INTO SHOW BUSINESS!!! How many times do we have to say it?

Posted by: Barb | April 2, 2007 1:28 PM | Report abuse

Canadian tablogs reporting that Naomi Campbell is Gerry's new girlfriend, while UK tablogs reporting that he says it's Rosario! The truth is out there, Liz.

Posted by: JustAGirl | April 2, 2007 3:49 PM | Report abuse

Sounds like Fluffy was only alloted a 1/3 of his usual time to get tantric w/Sienna... she probably got bored and let him stay to spend quality time w/himself.

Posted by: plamar | April 2, 2007 3:51 PM | Report abuse

Well, maybe Sienna and Duddly will continue at a later date. After 12 hours, they probably just finished Chapter One of Foreplay.

Posted by: Barb | April 2, 2007 4:46 PM | Report abuse

Glad to know I'm not the only over-35 (I'm 43) to know way too much about HD. (I actually have watched Lizzie McGuire reruns once or twice after the kids went to bed. How sad is that?) Still, her having veneers was new to me; Bored, I bow to you.

Posted by: TD | April 2, 2007 5:06 PM | Report abuse