Posted at 7:58 AM ET, 04/17/2007

Morning Mix: Travolta -- As Big As Elvis?

By Liz Kelly

The Odd Couple: Jimmie Walker and Ann Coulter at the 5th Annual TV Land Awards. (AP)

Headlines: John Travolta says he's as big as Elvis (he means fame-wise, not girth-wise)... Brad Pitt says Angelina Jolie is "supergirl"... Heather Mills takes a tumble... Ann Coulter attends awards show with J.J. Walker ("Good Times")... Indian protesters burn effigies of Richard Gere... Musician Bryan Ferry apologizes for praising Nazis... Regis Philbin will return to TV on April 26... Lily Allen postpones U.S. tour... Snoop Dogg asking $2 million for mansion... DannielynnBirkhead.com at auction for $1 million... Forest Whitaker gets star on Walk of Fame... Jennifer Lopez and Marc Anthony suing tabloid over drug scandal story.

Rumor Mill: Britney Spears fires manager Larry Rudolph... Victoria Beckham considering "Dancing With the Stars" offer... Talullah Willis (daughter of Bruce and Demi) changing her name... "Idol's" Sanjaya Malakar booed at baseball game.

Shut Your Mouth:
"It's big. It's a little juicy. There's nothing wrong with it." -- "Dancing With the Stars" contestant Joey Fatone describes his posterior

"I've found my double, my twin, with my new girlfriend, Evan Rachel Wood. She's 19 and certainly that's very young, but that's not a problem for me. She likes the same things as me. She understands I like to get up when night falls and go to sleep at dawn." -- Marilyn Manson, 38, comes clean about his latest romance

By Liz Kelly  | April 17, 2007; 7:58 AM ET
Categories:  Daily Mix
Save & Share:  Send E-mail   Facebook   Twitter   Digg   Yahoo Buzz   Del.icio.us   StumbleUpon   Technorati   Google Buzz   Previous: Comment Box: All-Star Politicians
Next: A Day of Silence

Comments

There's just so much to say...for starters, this gem:
"Brad always said he wanted a family. But you should be careful what you ask for," he said. "He got four kids in two years, all under the age of six. It's no picnic."
Brad Pitt, father of four, all under age six...what's a multi-millionaire daddy to do? Please, give me a break.
Ann Coulter & JJ Walker??? That's dy-no-mite!
And no one, NO ONE, should ever describe their booty as "juicy". That's just wrong to the nth degree.

Posted by: methinks | April 17, 2007 8:54 AM | Report abuse

If Bruce Willis didn't like his name why didnt he just change it? I mean, before he became BRUCE WILLIS, International Movie STar and Senior Pervo.

Posted by: Stick | April 17, 2007 9:06 AM | Report abuse

I am waiting for her sisters Rumer and Scout to follow along. Geez, if you knew what it was like to live with a name you don't like, why did you stick your kids with such horrid names?

Posted by: ep | April 17, 2007 9:19 AM | Report abuse

Ann Coulter needs a serious makeover. Her skin is oily, her style is boring and unflattering and her hair needs to be cut, blown out, and sealed with some good anti-frizz product.

I may disagree with her politics, but I disagree with her style even more. How does someone with so much cash manage to look so unkempt? She could pay people to put her together!

Posted by: Noelle | April 17, 2007 9:47 AM | Report abuse

Ann Coulter & Jimmie Walker: Damn, Jimmie, I know it been while since you been in the press, but you don't have to sink that low.

Talullah Willis: I know it hard to have a name you don't like when you 13, but instead of change it at 13 wait until you're 18. Time and perspective may change your attitude; because you do have a really cool name.

Brad Pitt: Please stop trying to defend your lady. Every time you do I like you less.

Can we burn Snoop Dog in effigy?

Posted by: Lisa1 | April 17, 2007 9:49 AM | Report abuse

Look further down in the Travolta link. Suddenly, I like Pamela Anderson a lot more: "Pamela Anderson is laughing off photos that show her on vacation and looking not quite the "Baywatch" babe that some remember. "I've just been sent some pics from Hawaii -- I have to laugh -- well at least the world knows I don't get Botox -- ha!" she noted. "I'm much hotter in my mind ... "

Posted by: O.L. | April 17, 2007 9:57 AM | Report abuse

While we've got the matches lit let's burn Coulter in effigy, too.

Posted by: KiKi | April 17, 2007 9:58 AM | Report abuse

In effigy? That's all?
Darn.

Posted by: O.L. | April 17, 2007 9:59 AM | Report abuse

i think someone somewhere must have told ann coulter that she looked really nice with her hair like that or she has a photo of her when she was, like, 12 or something that looked nice. but those days are o-ver, m'dear. i second noelle's emotion, time for a makeover.
her problem is that she probably doesn't have any friends who will pull her aside and say, "ann...we need to talk..."

Posted by: methinks | April 17, 2007 10:14 AM | Report abuse

I wish my name was Talullah!
Maybe we could swap.

Posted by: Barb | April 17, 2007 10:22 AM | Report abuse

Methinks-- you assume she has friends. Or, if she does, that they can get a word in edgewise.

Posted by: Jules | April 17, 2007 10:23 AM | Report abuse

touche, jules! (by the way, i said that with a french accent and it sounded really cool.)

Posted by: methinks | April 17, 2007 10:29 AM | Report abuse

I think Ann looks pretty good for a 45 year old.

Posted by: BF | April 17, 2007 10:40 AM | Report abuse

I think Travolta drank the spiked kool-aid. When did he become as big as Elvis or Marilyn? Honestly I missed it. I like that he noted Scientology as a reason for not taking the same part they did. Everyone looks at Tom as the most wacked out Scientologist but I think Travolta can give him a run for his money.

Oh, to be a fly on the wall when Ann and Jimmy got together to go to this event.

I agree with methinks. Referring to your posterior as "juicy" is..... it's something no one should ever do. Ewwwwwwwww.

How does Marilyn Manson keep getting dates? And dude you're 38 she's 19, double ewwwwwwwwwwww!

Posted by: petal | April 17, 2007 10:44 AM | Report abuse

ann "looks good" for a 45-year-old caught in a 60's-70's time warp. seriously, i wore my hair like that when i was a sophomore and junior in high school back in 1975-76

Posted by: methinks | April 17, 2007 10:53 AM | Report abuse

I'm not buying the Brad Pitt quote. Even if he were unguarded enough to unburden himself to a reporter in a bar, he wouldn't use the word "rubbish" in casual conversation. Why don't british tabloids remember that we talk differently, when they make this stuff up? It's like the time some british tabloid "quoted" some American starlet complaining about the paparazzi going through her "dustbins". It might have been a paraphrase, but it definitely wasn't a quote.

Cheers, ta-ta.

Posted by: WDC | April 17, 2007 11:01 AM | Report abuse

Posted by: M | April 17, 2007 11:08 AM | Report abuse

I'm only 40, if I look that bad at 45 I may have to take drastic measures. She looks like she could be my mother.

Posted by: dym | April 17, 2007 11:33 AM | Report abuse

Coulter is a Deadhead, that hairdon't makes for excellent spinning!

Posted by: Bored @ work | April 17, 2007 11:44 AM | Report abuse

"What's up with making fun of Ann's hair?"

It's a common tactic to make fun of one's physical appearance if you dislike a person's politcal views.

Case in point: Calling Rush Limbaugh "Fat."

Somehow people think that by making fun of a person's looks, you discredit their beliefs.

Funny thing is, a lot of the people who take shots at Ann's looks are the first ones to defend Hillary when someone takes shots at her.

Posted by: BF | April 17, 2007 12:27 PM | Report abuse

It's actually fully appropriate to make fun of Ann Coulter's appearance as this is one of her favorite tactics. She commonlly positions herself as the "pretty girl" while calling Democratic women the "ugly girls." Whatever you say, oil slick Ann.

Posted by: Sunday96 | April 17, 2007 1:04 PM | Report abuse

"What's up with making fun of Ann's hair? I don't care for her much but straight hair is classic and I see it on several big name stars! Now if she had feathered her hair I could understand the responses but she just has straight hair, not glamorous but not a disaster!"

If you look at her hairstyle throughout the years, it hasn't been long, straight and sleek a la Reese Witherspoon or Jennifer Aniston. It's been long and frizzy, like she's never heard of a blow dryer or flat iron.

That said, regardless of Ann's political views, I'm still of the opinion that she needs a makeover. She may look okay for a normal forty five year old, but if you're constantly in the public eye, you need to take really good care of yourself. Compaired to other celebrities in their forties (just think of the ladies of Desperate Housewives or Sex and the City), she doesn't look so hot.

Posted by: Noelle | April 17, 2007 1:06 PM | Report abuse

it's always interesting to see which of the posted items catches on. i wouldn't have thought it would be ann coulter's hair (entire look, in fact) but there you go. sunday 96 is absolutely correct. ann can't "position herself as one of the pretty girls" if she ain't bringin' it to the table, if you know what i'm talkin' about and i think you do.
no one commented on the rumor about posh spice beckham possibly competing on dancin' w/the stars. i think it would be brilliant since it might mean she would have to smile.

Posted by: methinks | April 17, 2007 1:18 PM | Report abuse

Thank goodness Heather Mills was wearing undergarments! ;-)

Tallulah is such a cool name ... now the other 2 kids, I could understand ...

Ann Coulter has the face (and the looks) she deserves. Hatred tends to destroy from the inside out.

Posted by: Catherine | April 17, 2007 1:39 PM | Report abuse

M: Ann Coulter's style would be acceptable if she was a non-celeb, but once you enter the world of celebrity. Honey, you better bring it. Which means if you have no fashion sense: hire a stylist. Do not do your own dye job, go to the salon, hire a personal trainer, cut down on the carbs (I know that's hard, because I like bread), and be open to Botox.

P.S: Republican or Democrat, Rush Limbaugh is fat.

Posted by: Lisa1 | April 17, 2007 1:41 PM | Report abuse

I'm not sure why Tallulah bother to change just her first name.

Her middle name is Belle, so she's gonna be Lula Belle.

Lulabelle......Tallulah....I don't know which is worse.

Posted by: Bored @ work | April 17, 2007 1:55 PM | Report abuse

Travolta's is losing his sense of reality. Maybe it's all the jet fumes he's been inhaling as he flies all his five jets all over the world.

Posted by: DIC Celebrity Gossip | April 18, 2007 1:13 AM | Report abuse