Posted at 7:41 AM ET, 05/17/2007

Morning Mix: Hilton's Sentence Sliced for 'Good Behavior'

By Liz Kelly

Headlines: Paris Hilton's jail term cut to 23 days for "good behavior", while mom Kathy says young people can learn from Paris... Prince Harry not going to Iraq... Orlando Bloom beats out Brad Pitt to top "Sexiest Guy of Summer 2007" list... Beyonce nominated for six BET awards... Bono says neighbors' fireplace smoke wafting into his New York apartment... Andy Warhol car crash painting sells for $71.7 million... Elijah Wood to star in Iggy Pop biopic... "24" renewed for two more seasons... Bo Diddley hospitalized after suffering stroke... Ike Turner arrested on warrant issued in 1989... Michael Jackson tries to block memorabilia auction.

Rumor Mill: Olsen twins to be Bond girls?... Lindsay Lohan and new boyfriend get in screaming match at New York hotel... Angelina Jolie gets new tattoo to honor late mother... Amy Winehouse to marry in Miami... Nicole Richie and Joel Madden break up?... Ex-wife says David Hasselhoff has been hospitalized 13 times for binge drinking.

Say What?
"I am so blessed that you care enough about me to be concerned and will continue to live in this brighter state with all of you by my side during this trying time." -- Britney Spears, in a new missive posted to her Web site

Bonus:
- Stephen King lists his picks for the top 24 rock songs ever.

'Lost' Chat: Fellow watcher Jen Chaney takes over my usual 2 p.m. ET discussion to talk all things 'Lost.'

By Liz Kelly  | May 17, 2007; 7:41 AM ET
Categories:  Daily Mix
Save & Share:  Send E-mail   Facebook   Twitter   Digg   Yahoo Buzz   Del.icio.us   StumbleUpon   Technorati   Google Buzz   Previous: The Smart Set
Next: 'Lost' Dueling Analyses: Greatest Hits

Comments

Hey, Bo Diddley.

Posted by: byoolin | May 17, 2007 8:27 AM | Report abuse

Does Liz being outta town and Jen taking over the chat to talk Lost mean there is no dueling analyses today?

Last night's episode mostly served just to set things up for the season finale, but I still love to hear both of your takes on the way things are going!

Posted by: Anonymous | May 17, 2007 8:30 AM | Report abuse

An Iggy Pop biopic? Clearly the person who should play the role is Anthony Kiedis from The Red Hot Chili Peppers. Seriously, do a side by side comparison.

So sad. Anthony was so hot in the day. Also Eddie Vedder now looks like youngish William Shatner.

Posted by: l8yf8 | May 17, 2007 8:41 AM | Report abuse

Posted by: l8yf8 | May 17, 2007 8:41 AM | Report abuse

I have absolutely no idea what "good behavior" Paris Hilton has been indulging in, except not falling flat on her face drunk lately.
Her mother is such a winner.....love the mother/daughter nose jobs, too.
Well, we are all in Britney's "brigher state" now, so I guess I should just let all this go.....

Posted by: POS | May 17, 2007 8:45 AM | Report abuse

Please, no Olsen twins in the next 007. Casino Royale began the much-needed rehab process for that franchise. Adding the Olsens would be two steps back.

And if either one of them gets near my man, I'll sick M on them both.

Posted by: Mrs. D. Craig | May 17, 2007 8:48 AM | Report abuse

I demand proof of Paris' good behaviour. Riding a bike on the beach doesn't cut it. How low did they set the bar for her?

Can we wait until mid to late summer to list the sexiest guy of summer 2007? There could be other lovelys in some unknown movies to air this summer.

The Olsen's as nice girl vixens. First LiLo is voted hottest and now this. It's a sign, the end is near.

Britney's starting to take the fun out of laughing at her.

Posted by: petal | May 17, 2007 9:25 AM | Report abuse

Good Behavior?! Since when is violating probation, (twice, right?) which got her into this mess in the first place, and showing up late to court considered good behavior? It's been what, a week since she was sentanced? Shouldn't she have to demonstrate good behavior for longer than that? And how can she be exhibiting good behavior if she's not in jail already, and therefore not under the watchful eye of the court 24-7?

Posted by: Anonymous | May 17, 2007 9:33 AM | Report abuse

what young people can learn from paris hilton: how to get herpes, how to get into public fights with your best "friends", how to live off of your parents' fortune and name, how to get paid to be popular, how to take pictures while minimizing the wonky eye, how not to make music, how not to act in a movie...

yup, that's exactly what we want the future of america to learn.

kathy hilton, you're a moron.

Posted by: lizzie c. | May 17, 2007 9:50 AM | Report abuse

I think it is a good idea to keep prince harry out of Iraq due to the fact that he and his unit would have a big bulls eye on their heads.

Paris Hilton's good behavior? What has she started to wear underwear again.

Why is Angie's tatoo news? Who cares by the time she is done adopting, she will be covered with them.

Posted by: Irish girl | May 17, 2007 9:52 AM | Report abuse

"Her sentence was shortened after jail officials gave her credit for good behavior, Whitmore said. Officials considered several factors in calculating the credit, including that she appeared for her latest court date, he said."

INCLUDING THAT SHE APPEARED FOR HER LATEST COURT DATE???!!!! Are you kidding me??? SHOWING UP gets you points?

Posted by: Anonymous | May 17, 2007 9:55 AM | Report abuse

Did anyone else notice during last night's Lost that Charlie's had his teeth done?

Random, I know. But I had to ask.

Posted by: charlie | May 17, 2007 9:55 AM | Report abuse

i'm sure amy winehouse is awesome or something like it but i'm tired of her already and have only just heard of her. she seems like an affectation wrapped up in a facade.
ever wondered by paris hilton lives her life in such an exhibitionist fashion? the picture of kathy hilton shows her blouse unbuttoned to the point where her bra is visible...it's clear that the apple did not fall far from the tree.

Posted by: methinks | May 17, 2007 9:56 AM | Report abuse

re: charlie's teeth.

i was thinking last night he looked less scruffy, but i couldn't put my finger on why....thanks!

Posted by: b | May 17, 2007 10:08 AM | Report abuse

-Only in the Celebrity World, is showing up for court date in appropriate clothing considered good behavior. Paris was also 20 minutes late, but that was overlooked since in Celebrity World being late is being on time.

-How does an artist who doesn't have a video get nominated for a BET award?

-I hope Amy Winehouse gets dental work as a wedding present.

-Doesn't Lindsay Lohan get into a screaming match with everyone at some point?

Posted by: Lisa1 | May 17, 2007 10:18 AM | Report abuse

Frodo is no Iggy but I bet it's gonna be fun watching Frodo Iggy-out on stage. Wonder if he'll sing or lip sync?

As for Charlie's teeth, didn't notice but YAY for Bernard & Rose being on again & YAY for Badass Jack showing up again!!

Charlie's a goner for sure, no doubt about it. Even though I really don't dig the character, I gotta say that I was tad weepy when he was there w/little Aaron & the little one grabbed his face.

Damn those writers for making him all likable again just before they off him!!

Posted by: Bored @ work | May 17, 2007 10:27 AM | Report abuse

i read britney's note of thanks to her fans. she ended it with "Godspeed" which cracks me up. who says "godspeed"?

Posted by: methinks | May 17, 2007 10:36 AM | Report abuse

Lisa1,

Your theory is probably correct - I've never even *met* LiLo and yet somehow I have been in a screaming match with her.

Posted by: byoolin | May 17, 2007 10:37 AM | Report abuse

Britney, the only thing we're concerned with, so far as it relates to you, is staying off the streets when you're driving and out of the clubs when you and your "friends" are anywhere nearby.

How's that for a "brighter state"?

Posted by: MisterBear | May 17, 2007 10:43 AM | Report abuse

I think methinks is on to something... perchance Brit, in her 'these trying times' reference, is alluding to the recent death of Walter Schirra. Godspeed indeed...

Posted by: Quintilius Varus | May 17, 2007 10:43 AM | Report abuse

Uh-oh, I just had a brainwave. "Good behavior" is code word for "Sexual favor". If she does it again, she receives a "get out of jail free card."

Posted by: POS | May 17, 2007 10:51 AM | Report abuse

Elijah Wood as Iggy Pop? Really? Really?

Posted by: Anonymous | May 17, 2007 10:55 AM | Report abuse

What I liked best about the Bono story, as it was presented on my favorite source for news of all kinds (the AOL WELCOME SCREEN), was that one of the offending chimney owners was Billy Squier, "whose last top 40 hit was the 1984 single 'Rock Me Tonite.'"

If SATURDAY NIGHT LIVE had any imagination left, it would make a great sketch: Bono cursed by smoke from Billy Squier's fireplace. "First 'The Stroke' and now THIS??!!"

Posted by: Margo | May 17, 2007 10:58 AM | Report abuse

I can't wait until Elizabeth Hasselbeck's kids grow up and lash out after having been sheltered their whole life. She doesn't seem to realize that she and Paris are alomost the same age. Should Kathy Hilton have spanked Paris? Would she have liked to have seen Paris grounded at 26 years old?

Posted by: TJ | May 17, 2007 12:10 PM | Report abuse

Thanks for clearing that up for us, POS. ;-) I felt like my head was going to explode when I saw Pantyless Hilton had a reduced sentence for "good behavior" that included SHOWING UP!!!!! OMG. Showing up for your court date is good behavior only in the la-la land of "guilty until proven celebrity" world of the justice system today. I thought good behavior had to happen while IN jail.

And why does she get to be sequestered?

And why was she not punished for driving again?

Unbelievable. Just unbelievable, the rules these people get to break without any consequences whatsoever. That, I think, is what people are learning from the Hiltons.

Posted by: C. | May 17, 2007 12:34 PM | Report abuse

I read that AOL story too Margo, wasn't Mitch Miller also involved? I didn't even know Mitch Miller was still alive, lol.

Posted by: Christy | May 17, 2007 1:24 PM | Report abuse