Posted at 8:03 AM ET, 05/ 2/2007

Morning Mix: Britney's Comeback Bid Underway

By Liz Kelly

Headlines: Britney Spears performs first comeback gig... Larry Birkhead and baby Dannielynn arrive in Kentucky... President Bush makes taped appearance on "American Idol"... R. Kelly writes song for Virginia Tech... Bruce Willis drops the F-bomb on Canadian TV (not safe for work)... "Newhart" sidekick Tom Poston dies at 85.

Rumor Mill: Lindsay Lohan and Paris Hilton go wild at Coachella after-party... Fan tried to blackmail Britney Spears with bugged teddy bear... Is Katie Holmes flirting with "Mad Money" co-star Adam Rothenberg... Neve Campbell to marry British actor John Light Saturday?... Pamela Anderson and Tommy Lee buying island home in Dubai... Russell Crowe to star as sheriff in "Robin Hood" remake.

Say What?
"Some of the cast [of "Oceans 13"] will come and visit me at my villa again. Brad will, but I've told him he can't bring his 15 children." -- George Clooney on his Italian home's adults-only policy

"If I were homeless on the streets and had a tin cup in my hand and somebody pulled me off the sidewalk and offered me a script to produce with Alec Baldwin committed to starring in it, I'd pass." -- Movie producer David Permut, who credits himself with introducing Baldwin to ex-wife Kim Basinger

Live Chat: David Lynch, director of "Blue Velvet," "Mullholland Drive" and creator of "Twin Peaks," will be online at 12 p.m. ET to discuss his new book, "Catching the Big Fish," about how practicing transcendental meditation drives his creativity.

By Liz Kelly  | May 2, 2007; 8:03 AM ET
Categories:  Daily Mix
Save & Share:  Send E-mail   Facebook   Twitter   Digg   Yahoo Buzz   Del.icio.us   StumbleUpon   Technorati   Google Buzz   Previous: Celebritology 101: Phil Spector's Dreadful Locks
Next: Barbra Streisand's Pricey Proposition

Comments

"Russell Crowe to star as sheriff in "Robin Hood" remake."

Already? Is the Kevin Costner version so ancient that Hollywood must remake it for the millionth time?

Posted by: BF | May 2, 2007 9:53 AM | Report abuse

I can't wait to see the sheriff throw a phone at Robin.

Posted by: byoolin | May 2, 2007 10:02 AM | Report abuse

Bush appearing on American Idol is life imitating art: this happened in American Dreamz and Dennis Quaid clearly was supposed to be Bush.

Posted by: Anonymous | May 2, 2007 10:02 AM | Report abuse

Woohoo! Go George Clooney! I think if I had a nice Italian Villa, I wouldn't want 4 kids under age 6 running around there either.

Posted by: DC Cubefarm | May 2, 2007 10:10 AM | Report abuse

-Lindsay jumps off the wagon. Oh please, who didn't see that coming?

-Why Britney still wearing a wig? She should have grown some hair back by now.

Posted by: Lisa1 | May 2, 2007 10:15 AM | Report abuse

Screw the fact that the President was on AI, JON BON JOVI LOOKED SMOKIN' HOT LAST NITE!!!

But then again, I expected nothing less from him as he's always smokin' hot. Can't wait to see them perform tonite.

Seems Mr. Rothenberg has a bit of a local connection here.

At least he's not a $cientologist dwarf.

Posted by: Bored @ work | May 2, 2007 10:19 AM | Report abuse

I am shocked, literally shocked to find discussions of Lindsay Lohan, Russell Crowe and Paris Hilton here when men and women are being killed and maimed in Iraq and there is a Presidential election in a scant 19 months!

But which candidate and his her wife would look best on AI?

Posted by: Louie | May 2, 2007 10:32 AM | Report abuse

Boy I really HATE it when the political police come to harass us... leave us alone and go back to your dark little paranoid hole... You are not my conscious! I enjoy laughing at the exploits of the empty heading celebs!

Posted by: MF | May 2, 2007 11:02 AM | Report abuse

Opps! Empty Headed Celebs!

Posted by: MF | May 2, 2007 11:05 AM | Report abuse

Katie Holmes flirting!! this must have happened on the rare half hour break Tom took off from his hawk duty. Where o where was her scientology handler?

Liz, can you send the Friday list of movies that are not to be remade to Hollywood? I'm certain someone listed Robin Hood.

I'm going to type it..... I miss Che at least he/she just posted the political stuff and continued about his/her way. With Che there wasn't any judgement just completely unrelated postings. Sigh.

Posted by: petal | May 2, 2007 11:25 AM | Report abuse

I am shocked, literally shocked, that people are bing forced to read the celebritology blog when they could be reading about war and politics.

Posted by: BF | May 2, 2007 11:45 AM | Report abuse

Guys, I think Louie was being sarcastic after all the comments yesterday.

Posted by: ep | May 2, 2007 12:07 PM | Report abuse

At the next Democratic debate, all candidates must sing a rendition of "You Lost That Loving Feeling". Then we vote one of them off the island.
That's my political commentary for today. Thank you.

Posted by: POS | May 2, 2007 12:11 PM | Report abuse

yep agree with ep - Louie was making a joke. Take a breath people and laugh!

Posted by: sjc | May 2, 2007 12:13 PM | Report abuse

I just keep liking George Clooney more and more ... :-)

Posted by: Catherine | May 2, 2007 12:58 PM | Report abuse

No one will ever top Alan Rickman's Sherrif of Nottingham. I wouldn't pay $1,000 to see Babs, but I might to see Rickman - even if he were reading Actuarial Tables of the American Midwest.

Posted by: Kate | May 2, 2007 1:09 PM | Report abuse

Better than the Sheriff of Nottingham, Alan Rickman as Prof. Snaps in the Harry Potter movies. Also, Alan was the best thing in Die Hard 1.

Posted by: Lisa1 | May 2, 2007 1:21 PM | Report abuse

Mmmmmm...Alan Rickman...mmmmmm.

Posted by: IndyAnna | May 2, 2007 1:32 PM | Report abuse

Mmmm... Jon Bon Jovi.... Yummy!

Posted by: Anonymous | May 2, 2007 1:42 PM | Report abuse

Brit making a comeback? Don't you have to be there at least one time before you can "come back"?

Posted by: SoMD | May 2, 2007 2:33 PM | Report abuse

Thank you IndyAnna! I'm glad to see I'm not the only one with a huge crush on Alan Rickman!

Posted by: 21117 | May 2, 2007 2:49 PM | Report abuse

That makes 3 of us then - I LOVE Alan Rickman - so yummy - but I do prefer his dark side :)

Posted by: W | May 2, 2007 3:46 PM | Report abuse

I'd pay 1000 bucks to see Alan Rickman sing "Jingle Bells".

Posted by: POS | May 2, 2007 4:24 PM | Report abuse

Not just 3, I too adore Alan Rickman. The man is simply brilliant and can do wrong. Unless he's in the remake it's doomed.

Posted by: petal | May 2, 2007 5:12 PM | Report abuse

Not just 4, Alan Rickman's fantastic!

Posted by: Catherine | May 2, 2007 5:41 PM | Report abuse

Did someone mention Alan Rickman...easily the best thing about "Sense and Sensibility".

Posted by: Heather | May 2, 2007 10:00 PM | Report abuse

Why blame Elia Kazan for the witch hunts? Most Americans put Joe McCarthy on a pedestal and gladly bought into phoney patriotism just as they did leading up to the war in Iraq.

A FACE IN THE CROWD is one of the greatest American films ever made. By all means - watch it!

Ted Salins