Posted at 7:40 AM ET, 05/ 8/2007

Morning Mix: Hilton Plans to Appeal Sentence

By Liz Kelly

Headlines: "Extreme Makeover: Home Edition" host Ty Pennington apologizes after DUI arrest... Sanjaya Malakar competing to join cast of "I Love New York 2?"... Starlets flock to annual Costume Institute Gala... San Francisco film festival fetes Robin Williams... Naomi Campbell says mop duty taught her a lesson... Michael J. Fox appeals for better Parkinson's research... Neve Campbell marries British actor John Light... It's a boy for Kevin Costner and wife... Killers singer Brandon Flowers and wife expecting first child... Tamyra Gray joining cast of "Rent"... Russell Simmons backs Dennis Kucinich's presidential bid (second item)... Madonna's music label launching Internet talent search... Witness says Phil Spector turned "demonic"... David Hasselhoff's child visitation rights suspended... George Michael pleads guilty to drugged driving charge.

Rumor Mill: Paris Hilton plans to appeal 45-day jail sentence decision, reunites with publicist Elliot Mintz... parisexposed.com is coming back... Paparazzi cut hole in fence of Brangelina's Czech compound... Jennifer Aniston counseling Brad Pitt by phone?... More plastic surgery for Melanie Griffith?... Will Amy Winehouse be the next Bond girl?... Annie Lennox's house trashed after daughter's party plans posted on MySpace... Brittany Murphy secretly marries some screenwriter dude.

Say What?
"I think I get in more trouble just because of who I am. The cops do it all the time. They'll just pull me over to hit on me." -- Paris Hilton

By Liz Kelly  | May 8, 2007; 7:40 AM ET
Categories:  Daily Mix
Save & Share:  Send E-mail   Facebook   Twitter   Digg   Yahoo Buzz   Del.icio.us   StumbleUpon   Technorati   Google Buzz   Previous: Celebritology Clip n' Save: Paris's Prison Primer
Next: Comment Box: Elia Kazan, Go Ahead and Watch

Comments

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Posted by: BF | May 8, 2007 8:57 AM | Report abuse

sanjaya on I love NY 2...really!!! Isn't he batting for the other team????

Posted by: bored.... | May 8, 2007 9:05 AM | Report abuse

to: bored. perhaps he, like many, truly believes that ny is all tranny. they can play hair and makeup together!

Posted by: cee_jay | May 8, 2007 9:25 AM | Report abuse

Melanie Griffith sure does look weird. Maybe some plumping injections in the chin, lips, cheeks and forehead? Something isn't right.
They are right about her hubby...still is hot! I watch "Spy Kids" with my kid just so I can see him.

Posted by: POS | May 8, 2007 9:27 AM | Report abuse

C'mon, BF. Tell us how you really feel. ROTFL

"Paparazzi cut hole in fence of Brangelina's Czech compound" ... now that is just plain creepy. Time for Brangelina to get a few laser pointers and try and light up the optics on a few cameras.

Posted by: SoMD | May 8, 2007 9:47 AM | Report abuse

how can there be a second season? wasn't the show to find her a guy to pair up with? did she dump him? is she assembling a man-hem?

Posted by: Anonymous | May 8, 2007 9:50 AM | Report abuse

just for kicks and giggles i went to imdb to look at photos of melanie and then looked up her mom, actress tippi hedren ('the birds', 'vertigo'...) in her later years, ms. hedren also started looked a little 'manufactured.'
i think young tippi was beautiful, melanie was too until she bought into the sex kitten baloney they were feeding her. she has not aged gracefully.
that comment paris made is really going to help her appeal, dontcha think?

Posted by: methinks | May 8, 2007 9:51 AM | Report abuse

Have to love the petition on Paris's behalf...they make it sound like she actually contributes something to this world - "hope for young people everywhere...and beauty and excitement to otherwise mundane lives"...well, thank god for Paris, otherwise my life would be full of despair and desolation...

Posted by: one of the minions | May 8, 2007 9:55 AM | Report abuse

Re: NY...the guy she picked dumped her after he watched the show and saw the mean and nasty things she said about his mother

Posted by: Anonymous | May 8, 2007 9:57 AM | Report abuse

re: cee_jay
LMAO...HAHAHAHAHA

Thanks!!

Posted by: bored... | May 8, 2007 10:13 AM | Report abuse

More surgery there's more that Melanie can do to herself?

Since Brittany and this guy actually made it to the chapel and sealed the deal, I give them 6 months to a year.

Oh the injustice that Paris has to live through everyday due to her hotness(all in her mind) is ridiculous. First racial profiling and now this, someone needs to put the cops on notice for this type of thing. The injustice!

Posted by: petal | May 8, 2007 11:27 AM | Report abuse

What I don't get is, with all the money Paris Hilton has, why doesn't she have a car and driver at her beck and call? Hell, she could afford a limo to follow her around everywhere! Why even bother driving, especially when partying?

Posted by: CJB | May 8, 2007 11:41 AM | Report abuse

Who would actually want to hit on Paris? She's not even that good looking. She's prob the only one who thinks she's so wonderful.

Posted by: Anonymous | May 8, 2007 11:42 AM | Report abuse

Note to Paris: A cop who stops you because you are speeding at night with your headlights off, on a revoked license is not hitting on you.

Posted by: POS | May 8, 2007 12:23 PM | Report abuse

Wasn't there a line in Singin' in the Rain by the empty-headed actress about bringing happiness into humdrum lives?

Posted by: Eric | May 8, 2007 12:24 PM | Report abuse

Melanie ... back awwwayyyyy from the plastic surgeon ...

I will never understand why beautiful women ruin their looks with plastic surgery. They would no doubt look fine as they age, but instead they end up looking like some kind of frozen-faced, silly-putty-lipped science fiction horror.

Posted by: C. | May 8, 2007 12:25 PM | Report abuse

Naomi Campbell - nary a mention of rumored boyfriend Gerry Butler? He was at a Rangers game this week - but I don't think she was there.

Posted by: JustAGirl | May 8, 2007 12:28 PM | Report abuse

Sad to see George Michael getting stopped for a DUI so soon after leaving WRC. Has he lost his celebrity status so soon?

Posted by: Lester Burnham | May 8, 2007 1:13 PM | Report abuse

Sanjaya's name was used by someone else.He has too much of a future to go on that show with those idiots. Besides he is only 17.

Posted by: Fanjaya | May 8, 2007 1:53 PM | Report abuse

Rosie says she would be very happy to visit Paris in jail.

Excuse me while I stick pencils in my eyes.

Posted by: SoMD | May 8, 2007 3:37 PM | Report abuse

SoMD..thank you...I needed a laugh today. If Paris loses her appeal and has to do the full 45 days, I'm considering sending the judge flowers thanking him.

Posted by: Sharon | May 8, 2007 3:47 PM | Report abuse

by the way, just wanted to let jessica simpson know (you know, in case she reads this blog) that just because you've got the 'puppies', doesn't mean you have to take 'em out and show 'em off.

Posted by: methinks | May 8, 2007 4:03 PM | Report abuse

Not to be mean, but how does Antonio Banderas live with Melanie Griffith? Her face is horrible. If this is what she is doing with credit cards, he need to cancel them.

Posted by: Lisa1 | May 8, 2007 4:33 PM | Report abuse