Posted at 8:00 AM ET, 05/ 3/2007

Morning Mix: Isaiah Washington Makes GLAAD Ad

By Liz Kelly

Headlines: Isaiah Washington to make ad for gay rights group... Leonardo DiCaprio, Rosie O'Donnell, Sacha Baron Cohen make Time's Most Influential list... Tommy Hilfiger says racism rumor is a "big fat lie"... Brangelina clan touches down in Prague... Keira Knightley tired of being a celebrity... John Ratzenberger voted off "Dancing with the Stars".... Bette Midler to take on headlining gig in Las Vegas... Coincidentally, Lindsay Lohan plans to turn 21 in Vegas... 50 Cent selling 52-room Connecticut home... Goran Visjnic and wife adopt baby boy, name him "Tin"... Ashlee Simpson says she's "confident" about her looks... Ex-wife accuses David Hasselhoff of abuse... Scary Spice Melanie Brown says she's taking Eddie Murphy to court in paternity case... Jennifer Esposito ("Crash") files for divorce from husband of four months... Busta Rhymes arrested on DUI charge.

Rumor Mill: Justin Timberlake -- a little bit country?... Robert Downey, Jr. pulled over by police.

Say What?
"I think on these occasions tradition is good. You do not want to see Her Majesty breakdancing or bathing in a vat of asses' milk." -- British critic William Feaver praises Annie Leibovitz's portrait of Queen Elizabeth

Britney Bonus 1: Fifty-nine seconds of jumpy, inaudible footage of wig-wearing, lip-syncing Britney Spears's big comeback...

Britney Bonus 2: Spears takes up flower arranging.

Live Chat: Don't forget to join me today at 2 p.m. ET for this week's scintillating session of Celebritology Live.

By Liz Kelly  | May 3, 2007; 8:00 AM ET
Categories:  Daily Mix
Save & Share:  Send E-mail   Facebook   Twitter   Digg   Yahoo Buzz   Del.icio.us   StumbleUpon   Technorati   Google Buzz   Previous: Barbra Streisand's Pricey Proposition
Next: Celebritology: 'Lost' Dueling Analyses: 'The Brig'

Comments

I think JT would be as anyone writing country music. He was raised on it, unlike some execs in Nashville.

Posted by: C. | May 3, 2007 9:23 AM | Report abuse

Lohan doesn't need a tattoo that says "breathe." She needs a tattoo that says "think."

Posted by: Ollie Von | May 3, 2007 9:49 AM | Report abuse

Britney's comeback is a bit too soon. She should have looks like she auditioning to be the next Pussycat Doll.

Posted by: Lisa1 | May 3, 2007 9:53 AM | Report abuse

For Melanie Scary Spice Brown's sake I sure hope that is Eddie's child because that will be the biggest pick your face off the floor moment if she is wrong.

Posted by: petal | May 3, 2007 9:58 AM | Report abuse

i have several questions:
How is Tyra Banks one of the World's Most Influential People?
Who does Ashlee Simpson think she's kidding by saying she's "confident about her looks" when she keeps changing her looks...especially all the plastic surgery?
Wasn't it confirmed that LL attends or attended AA meetings? Why is she all fired up about being legal?
What was Britney thinking when she posed with the flowers? Oh wait...never mind.

Posted by: methinks | May 3, 2007 10:01 AM | Report abuse

Wait, I totally missed Bradley Cooper & Jennifer Esposito dating, engaging and marrying, and now it's over?! Uh, don't announce the divorce if you never announced the relationship, ok?
I, too, am tired of Keira Knightly-Toothpick being a celebrity, can't wait till that's over.
And I've been accusing Hasselhoff of abuse for years, Baywatch really hurt my love of the beach.
In all seriousness, I admit that I believed the urban legend re: Hillfinger getting escorted off Oprah, and do not own any of his crap. I feel a little silly, and yet not. If you saw his daughter and her friend on their MTV-reality show, you know that there's plenty of other reasons to stay away from him-n-his branding!
Team Scary!!!

Posted by: miss belle | May 3, 2007 10:07 AM | Report abuse

"Hilfiger was so floored by the rumors, he tells O, that he paid FBI investigators "a lot of money" to track down the source, though the closest they got was an unnamed college campus." FBI is doing private contract weork now to make beer money?

Posted by: Anonymous | May 3, 2007 10:25 AM | Report abuse

Tin Visjnic? *rolls eyes*

Posted by: DC Cubefarm | May 3, 2007 10:37 AM | Report abuse

I have nothing against Melanie"Scary Spice" Brown (Why is she called "Scary" anwyway?), but I hope Eddie is not the father. It makes for a more interesting story.

Posted by: BK | May 3, 2007 10:39 AM | Report abuse

Please. Why be so hard on Britney. What woman has not spontaneously removed her top in a public place so that she could be photographed holding flowers over her breasts?

Posted by: Ollie Von | May 3, 2007 10:40 AM | Report abuse

oh right, i forgot about my madcap teen years in austria when i climbed the alps, wore my afro wig and was photographed with edelweiss strewn over my bosom...precious memories how they linger...

Posted by: yodelay-ee-hoo | May 3, 2007 11:01 AM | Report abuse

Edelweiss? Indeed. The mind boggles. Lip-sync, flowers, wigs - what won't she think of next? And do those look fake to everyone else too, or is it just me? (not the flowers, I mean).

Posted by: Anonymous | May 3, 2007 11:10 AM | Report abuse

Oh wait - is that a sign in the background of the photo..? What do I read - "don't pick the flowers"

Posted by: Anonymous | May 3, 2007 11:12 AM | Report abuse

ACK ! re Lost: now we are all set up for Sawyer to run back to the beach with the tape and ruin Juliette and Jack's plot to thwart Ben.

Posted by: Julie | May 3, 2007 11:21 AM | Report abuse

Losties: some of us can't stay up until 11:00 and have to watch the show on Thursdays. NO SPOILERS PLEASE!!!

Posted by: KG | May 3, 2007 11:28 AM | Report abuse

If Keira wants to give up the celebrity life, settle down and make some babies, I'd be glad to make a personal "donation" to the cause.

Posted by: She's as fine as French wine! | May 3, 2007 11:29 AM | Report abuse

You do not want to see Her Majesty breakdancing or bathing in a vat of asses' milk. All I can say is Amen!

Posted by: My eyes, my eyes iieeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee | May 3, 2007 11:38 AM | Report abuse

Liz: When will the Lost column/blog come back? Last night's episode was so great!

Posted by: Lostie | May 3, 2007 11:38 AM | Report abuse

We're hoping to get the "Lost" analysis up in a few minutes. It's a particularly involved read this week, so taking a bit longer to get online. Stay tuned...

Posted by: Liz | May 3, 2007 11:42 AM | Report abuse

Julie, that was rude. And totally unrelated to this column. May someone ruin a Lost episode for you one day. Maybe the finale.

Posted by: lost watcher | May 3, 2007 11:46 AM | Report abuse

Cooper's rep calls the split mutual and says "actually they've been separated for quite a while."

How can Cooper and Esposito have been "separated for quite a while?" They've only been married for FOUR freakin months?

Posted by: Kate | May 3, 2007 12:26 PM | Report abuse

My two wishes for the day: shut UP already, Ashlee (methinks she doth protest too much about being happy with her ever-changing-and-more-Jessica-like looks) and Britney will stop trying so desperately to get every bit of attention she possibly can. 'Course she gets it, so that wish may be silly on my part ...

Posted by: C. | May 3, 2007 1:19 PM | Report abuse

Re: "Tin Visjnic". Both Goran and his wife are from Croatia. It's possible that "Tin" is a name from their country, like "Brittany, Amber, Ashlee, Paris," are names from the good old USA.

Posted by: POS | May 3, 2007 1:55 PM | Report abuse

Tin is from "Rin Tin Tin" from good old USA.

Good Lord, we are naming our children after dogs, the apocalypse is coming.

Posted by: Fifities | May 3, 2007 2:11 PM | Report abuse

To POS, etal:

From Parenthood.com

Name: Tin
Gender: Male
Origin: Vietnamese
Meaning: Thinker

Not a common name, but a decent meaning. However, since Goran and his wife are from Croatia, it is interesting they decided to use it.

I know the world maps have changed significantly over the past ten years but I can't visualize Croatia and Vietnam being combined at any time in history.

Posted by: SoMD | May 3, 2007 3:08 PM | Report abuse

Wikipedia shows that Tin (Ujević) is the name of a Croatian poet. Liz said this in her chat.

I don't know what hitting for the cycle means, either, Liz.

Posted by: Anonymous | May 3, 2007 4:54 PM | Report abuse

I don't see why people shouldn't talk about a show that's already aired. Don't read Liz's column yet if you haven't watched an episode!

Posted by: A | May 5, 2007 8:56 PM | Report abuse