Posted at 7:39 AM ET, 05/24/2007

Morning Mix: O'Donnell vs. Hasselbeck, Again

By Liz Kelly

Headlines: 17-year-old Jordin Sparks wins "American Idol," releases first single... Angelina Jolie cries when asked about late mother... Mary-Kate Olsen joins cast of Showtime's "Weeds"... Keira Knightley wins suit against tabloids... "Borat" signs deal to pen travel book... Courtney Love furious about Kurt Cobain shoe ads... John Travolta brings Scientology curriculum to Louisiana school... Judge in Phil Spector trial says forensics expert hid evidence... Evangeline Lilly's outfit needs to get lost.

Rumor Mill: Is Jessica Simpson expecting?... Paris Hilton to wear protective alarm in jail... Natalie Portman dating "SNL's" Andy Samberg... Oprah's dad puts book on hold (third item)... Isaiah Washington out at "Grey's Anatomy?"

In Case You Missed It: O'Donnell vs. Hasselbeck, round 2,343,232, in which the split-screen is employed...

Chat-stravaganza: Join me today at 2 p.m. for the regular Celebritology Live chat, then again in the 3 o'clock hour when I'll be joined by Jen Chaney to talk "Lost" for 60 whole minutes.

By Liz Kelly  | May 24, 2007; 7:39 AM ET
Categories:  Daily Mix
Save & Share:  Send E-mail   Facebook   Twitter   Digg   Yahoo Buzz   Del.icio.us   StumbleUpon   Technorati   Google Buzz   Previous: 'Lost' Finale Countdown
Next: 'Lost' Analysis: Finale Thoughts

Comments

Don't mind me. I'm just waiting for the Lost review.

Posted by: Buck Dharma | May 24, 2007 8:32 AM | Report abuse

Same here.

I must, I haven't been this involved in a show since Twin Peaks.

There are shows I love to watch & won't miss (My Name Is Earl, The Office, pretty much the whole Thursday nite NBC lineup again), but I really feel I MUST WATCH LOST IN REAL TIME. No tapes, DVR, web site viewing will do as well as watching the show in real time the first time it's shown.

I spent most of last nite's 2 hours going "YESS!!" or cursing or even **sniffsniff** tearing up.

Posted by: Bored @ work | May 24, 2007 9:02 AM | Report abuse

See, this clip right here is exactly why I don't watch the View. Who wants to listen to people fight and argue every day? Ugh. That show needs to go.

Posted by: melinda | May 24, 2007 9:03 AM | Report abuse

What happened to separation of church or state? If the Mormons or another group came up with a "teaching" tool for kids, it wouldn't be used in a public school. I don't care if they believe in aliens, it is still a religion.

On Rosie vs. Hasslebeck: What's new, Rosie is a big bully and I am happy that Elizabeth finally got a back bone. I love how Rosie uses how she looks to throw back insults at Elizabeth. Ummm, it's not her fault she's not fat and rude.

Here's the kicker, I never even liked Elizabeth until Rosie came on the show.

Posted by: Irish girl | May 24, 2007 9:37 AM | Report abuse

Yippee, now that MK Olsen has an acting gig maybe she can afford to get a meal and some clothes.

How is it that the View hasn't imploded and been yanked from the air yet? Did anyone see the clip of when Alicia Silverstone was coming out? It looked like she side stepped Hasselbeck and greeted everyone else.

Posted by: petal | May 24, 2007 9:45 AM | Report abuse

I stopped watching the View for even a nano second. I have never liked Elizabeth and, definitely, never liked Rosie. The combination of those two is gut-wrenching. Cancel the View, because who really cares what those four think anyway!

Posted by: pnina | May 24, 2007 9:49 AM | Report abuse

I agree w/you Irish Girl. I've never really watched the show but I'm glad Elizabeth stood her ground. Why is Rosie the only one entitled to an opinion? And what is wrong w/Joy Behar's mouth it looks weird when she talks.

Posted by: Sharon | May 24, 2007 10:00 AM | Report abuse

One more thing...when have any of us said "Poor, sweet, innocent, Christian Elizabeth"??? Hmmm..maybe Rosie is getting the hint that she's just not that popular. Can you tell I can't stand Rosie...LMAO.

Posted by: Sharon | May 24, 2007 10:04 AM | Report abuse

Posted by: Sharon | May 24, 2007 10:04 AM | Report abuse

Re: E. Lilly. I think I saw that coat in the "Boden" catalog. Lose the shorts and shoes!

Posted by: POS | May 24, 2007 10:13 AM | Report abuse

Say whatever you want about Rosie, but rating went up 25% from last year. ABC was probably disappointed that the O'Donnell/Hasselbeck exchange occurred yesterday on the last day of May Sweeps. If it occurred last week, they could have anticipated a nice bump in the ratings for the last week of "sweeps".

Posted by: Irish_Ed | May 24, 2007 10:16 AM | Report abuse

Waiting... for... Rosie... to... vanish... completely... hopefully... before... school... ends... and... I'm... at... home... all... summer... with... my hubster... and... seven... year... old... if... not... schedule... lobotomy...

Posted by: Margo | May 24, 2007 10:21 AM | Report abuse

It seems that Elizabeth was almost foaming at the mouth in her frenzy to get out all of her "talking points". But it is refreshing to see actual important views and opinions stated by women on national daytime tv. Rosie has an extreme view, but neverthe less an opinion which needed to be stated but was supressed in the last four years.

Posted by: Harley Winston | May 24, 2007 10:34 AM | Report abuse

I will say whatever I want about Rosie, and so will most of the other people on the planet who thinks she is a big mouthed bully.

By the way, I am a democrat and some of the crap she says is so stupid it makes me ashamed she is Irish and a democrat. I don't care about their ratings, I don't watch the show, I watched the clip at perezhilton.com.

I also don't agree with Elizabeth in some of her views, but at least she doesn't say, "poor me, I am a somewhat talented, sort of pretty white gal who can't get a word in edgewise because I work with a bully." Gag me; if Rosie doesn't want to be fat go on a diet. She is a bully who picks fights and then gets upset when people either fight back, or don't stick up for her. She made the comments, it's not Elizabeth's job to defend her to Bill O'Reilly, etc. I mean really, I thought she was tough.

Posted by: Irish girl | May 24, 2007 10:34 AM | Report abuse

ABC should cancel the "View". The premise always seemed forced and fake. Rosie is an unappealing crude woman and Elizabeth is a plastic republican (Do Republicans even like her?). Joy Behar is a post- menopausal Carrot-Top. Guest-hosts are D-Listers auditioning for VH-1 reality show.

Please end this show.

Posted by: Lisa1 | May 24, 2007 10:39 AM | Report abuse

Yeah, I miss Meredith and her sex statements. :)

Posted by: Irish girl | May 24, 2007 10:41 AM | Report abuse

The View sounds like chickens in a henhouse, just all cackling & crowing & noise.

I used to LOVE Rosie's talk show & I'd love to know what happened to that Rosie.

Courtney Love is ticked that someone is "using" Kurt's image? I'd venture to guess that if she'd thought of it first it'd be OK. Like it's OK to auction his stuff off.

As for Travolta bringing "study tech" to schools, don't even get me started. I don't want any child I know to go near that crap.

I'd like to find Travolta's & Cruise's "misunderstood" & cram it down their pieholes.

Posted by: Bored @ work | May 24, 2007 10:48 AM | Report abuse

Bored @ work - I think the Rosie you liked was a "phony" Rosie. I remember when her show was ending that she said something stupid like how can anyone be that nice all the time.

Posted by: jlr | May 24, 2007 10:59 AM | Report abuse

This is why the tabloids are stupid. First of all, Jessica Simpson does not appear to be pregnant. If she is, she's like two months pregnant, so I doubt her "friends" or "sources close to her" would even know yet.

Second of all, if she was in fact pregnant, and had not yet announced it, don't you think she would be doing everything she could to HIDE it? And so those high-waisted pants are just a terrible fashion choice on her part, not a way of showing of her growing baby.

Dumba$$e$.

Posted by: OD | May 24, 2007 11:12 AM | Report abuse

Joy Behar is a post- menopausal Carrot-Top. Classic. Thanks for the laugh. And ditto for Irish Girl. We can say whatever we want about Rosie, just like her we are entitled to our opinions.

Posted by: Sharon | May 24, 2007 11:32 AM | Report abuse

I don't watch the show either; saw the clip on YouTube. Rosie is a big-mouth bully, and Hasslebeck isn't the sharpest knife in the drawer, but at least we are getting some discussion between the two opposing sides in this country. I wish we would have more discourse instead of the right-wing (or left-wing) blowhards preaching to their respective choirs.

Posted by: Irish_Ed | May 24, 2007 11:36 AM | Report abuse

Yes, exactly.

Posted by: Irish girl | May 24, 2007 12:12 PM | Report abuse

God, Rosie the perpetual victim. Her mouth gets her in trouble and everyone else is supposed to save her. She got mad at Barbara Walters for not defending her in the Trump thing -- after she called Barbara an elitist for daring to use china at a dinner party. Now she is mad because Elisabeth won't revise Rosie's terrorist comment for her. And in Rosie World it is their fault.

Posted by: ep | May 24, 2007 1:09 PM | Report abuse

Can everybody imagine how you would react if your child was at school and another child acted like Rosie? If that isn't a bully that needs to be expelled then nobody should be.

Rosie is one of those lower life forms that needs to go extinct. Thankfully, time will allow that to happen. Unfortunately, we will have to listen to her vile crap until it dies happen.

Posted by: SoMD | May 24, 2007 1:18 PM | Report abuse

Just when i thought republicans couldn't get any worse, i watch 'the view' and i'm reminded of how ignorance exists in this country. Elizabeth Hasselbeck is so sad, her opinions are so pathetic, it almost seems like she is trying to defend her dad. No need hun, we all know hes an idiot. Someone needs to give her a deep reality check. I do say poor little Elizabeth, but not because i think shes being attacked by Rosie.

Posted by: dollie72 | May 24, 2007 4:23 PM | Report abuse

I love how, on that "View" clip, they keep saying how they're each other's "friend" when clearly they'd never spend time together otherwise if it weren't TV sweeps time and there weren't a camera and microphone pointed at them.

Rosie is so in denial of her influence in the world. If she's so darn smart, she should run for president. Imagine how quickly her 15 minutes would be up.

Just GO already. Sheesh.