Posted at 7:24 AM ET, 05/18/2007

Morning Mix: Paris Hilton Drops Sentence Appeal

By Liz Kelly

Headlines: Paris Hilton drops probation-violation appeal... Jerry Seinfeld jumps from Cannes hotel roof dressed as bee (pix)... Madonna releases new song for live earth concerts... Fan charged with stalking Sandra Bullock... DA says Lindsay Lohan won't be charged with taking woman's clothes (the back story)... Katie Holmes brings Suri to set of new movie.

Rumor Mill: Soon-to-be-ex calls Anne Heche "delusional"... Britney Spears spends a girls' night out on the town, trades in wigs for hair extensions; recovery buddy Howie Day returns to rehab... "The Office's" Jenna Fischer fractures back in bar fall... Nick Lachey and Vanessa Minnillo rescue man with heart trouble... NBC banishes upcoming Beckham reality show to cable network... Ice T and wife bounced from Maxim party table to make room for Hilary and Hayley Duff (dag... don't they know he's the Original Gangster?)

By Liz Kelly  | May 18, 2007; 7:24 AM ET
Categories:  Daily Mix
Save & Share:  Send E-mail   Facebook   Twitter   Digg   Yahoo Buzz   Del.icio.us   StumbleUpon   Technorati   Google Buzz   Previous: 'Lost' Dueling Analyses: Greatest Hits
Next: Friday List: The Best Soundtracks

Comments

So I watched the Lost answers show last night. You people watch that crap? What a terrible (and terribly stupid) show!

Posted by: HS | May 18, 2007 9:30 AM | Report abuse

Liz, any Dio sightings locally?
I will be unironically reliving some highschool-era music tonight at merriweather post with Heaven and Hell/Megadeath. Just wondering how the aging rock gods spend their time in town.

Posted by: lastinline | May 18, 2007 9:32 AM | Report abuse

Could one actually "sight" Ronnie Dio being as he's about 4 feet tall?

I bet that show kicks ass though!

That Seinfeld-in-a-bee-suit picture looks like a Kramer scheme & it really made my day. I don't what's funnier, the pic of him in midair or the pic of him next to Chris Rock.

Posted by: Bored @ work | May 18, 2007 9:35 AM | Report abuse

Correction, Liz: Ice-T is not "the original gangster." He's "Tha original gangsta."

Posted by: Margo | May 18, 2007 9:35 AM | Report abuse

Ah, correction to Margo's correction. He's "da original gangsta"

I like Anne Heche but I've got to agree with the ex.

Posted by: petal | May 18, 2007 9:56 AM | Report abuse

I dont' know anything about "Coco" AKA Mrs. Ice T, but he's cool. Why would they toss him for the Duffs? I would not have wanted to be the waitress who had to go up to their table to say, "um, mr. Ice,er..mr. T...we need your table for the Duff sisters." yeesh.
get well soon pam beesley!!!

Posted by: methinks | May 18, 2007 10:22 AM | Report abuse

I surprised they let Ice-T bring Coco for there only one word to describe her: Yikes!

Posted by: Lisa1 | May 18, 2007 10:28 AM | Report abuse

wait ... reread that Ice T article. There is someone whose name is actually "Richie Rich"? who is this clown? Must know more!

Posted by: OD | May 18, 2007 10:39 AM | Report abuse

richie rich is a hiphop artist. sadly, i know this.

Posted by: methinks | May 18, 2007 10:47 AM | Report abuse

"Hilton is likely to spend about 23 days in a 'special needs housing unit' at the Century Regional Detention Center in suburban Lynwood..."

Yeah, Paris has special needs, alright. She needs her bony a** kicked twice a day, every day, by one of the more physically fit guests at Lynwood. Call it a new behavior modification program.

Posted by: MisterBear | May 18, 2007 10:50 AM | Report abuse

methinks,

What lyrical masterpieces has he given the world of hiphop? Or don't I want to know?

Posted by: petal | May 18, 2007 10:53 AM | Report abuse

richie rich was part of 3rd Bass w/mc serch and pete nice. (they've since disbanded.) i don't really know his solo work, though he does has a fairly extensive discography.

Posted by: petal | May 18, 2007 11:59 AM | Report abuse

the richie rich i was thinking about was 1/3 of 3rd Bass, the hip hop group which included mc serch & pete nice. their biggest hit was 'pop goes the weasel.'
there was another hiphop richie rich who was from britain. i don't know about either artists' solo work.

Posted by: methinks to petal | May 18, 2007 12:05 PM | Report abuse

Whether it's "tha" or "da" original gangsta, I think we can all agree that it only really works if it's set in Old English font.

Posted by: Margo | May 18, 2007 3:46 PM | Report abuse

Sad to say I know this, but I'm pretty sure the Richie Rich in question is a fashion designer. Amanda Lepore is a trannie who*s had massive amounts of plastic surgery and his muse, maybe.

Posted by: kb | May 18, 2007 4:03 PM | Report abuse

Margo,
excellent point.

methinks and kb,
Hmmmm, I'll have to look into this.

Posted by: petal | May 18, 2007 5:46 PM | Report abuse