Posted at 7:31 AM ET, 05/ 9/2007

Morning Mix: Paris's Rival Petitions

By Liz Kelly

Cate Blanchett. Really. (Getty Images)

Headlines: Rival petitions ask Gov. Schwarzenegger to free/jail Paris Hilton... Helen Mirren turns down invitation to Buckingham Palace... Virginia Madsen flaks Botox... Kirsten Dunst and her boyfriend take fug to a new level... Skeletal Cate Blanchett shocks fans... Prince plans 21 London shows, but skips rest of Europe to study Bible... Billy Ray Cyrus dropped from "Dancing With the Stars"... Sponsor pulls out of Gwen Stefani tour over Akon concerns... Kentucky restaurant refuses to serve O.J. Simpson... Joey Buttafuoco's wife files for divorce... Tom Sizemore arrested for meth possession... Busta Rhymes turns down New York plea deal.

Rumor Mill: Tabloid claims Britney Spears was sexually assaulted in February... Madonna invites Justin Timberlake to bring sexy back to London... Rod Stewart's son to be charged in brick-throwing attack... Dina Lohan pursues TV career.... Ashley Olsen renting $22,000 a month Malibu house (third item).

Sneak Peek: Inside TomKat's new lair.

Say What?
"He lit up a cigarette and said he guessed you have to head to the dump to find trash, referring to how Britney and Howie met while in rehab." -- A friend describes Kevin Federline's reaction to Britney Spears's latest romance

"With 'Georgia Rule,' Lindsay Lohan has made her 'Gigli.'" -- AP reviewer Christy Lemire tells us all we need know about Lindsay Lohan's latest movie.

By Liz Kelly  | May 9, 2007; 7:31 AM ET
Categories:  Daily Mix
Save & Share:  Send E-mail   Facebook   Twitter   Digg   Yahoo Buzz   Del.icio.us   StumbleUpon   Technorati   Google Buzz   Previous: Comment Box: Elia Kazan, Go Ahead and Watch
Next: Fashion Victim: Mary-Kate Olsen

Comments

"you have to head to the dump to find trash"

Pot, meet Kettle. Kettle, Pot.

Posted by: BF | May 9, 2007 8:18 AM | Report abuse

Cate Blanchett looks like Courtney Love in that picture. Yikes!

Posted by: CK | May 9, 2007 8:45 AM | Report abuse

I think it's admirable that Ms. Blanchett is able to keep acting post-mummification.

Posted by: byoolin | May 9, 2007 8:52 AM | Report abuse

note on gofugyourself mentiones that Blanchett is 'slimming' down to play role of cancer patient

Posted by: Anonymous | May 9, 2007 8:54 AM | Report abuse

I hope Cate Blanchett lost the weight for a role and not because she gave up eating rolls.

Posted by: Lisa1 | May 9, 2007 8:58 AM | Report abuse

Simpson is such a jerk! This restaurant owner stated a real reason not to serve him and his lawyer is going on about race?! Doesn't that hurt the credibility of real victims of racism? The lawyer issuing veiled threats about "messing with the wrong person," reminds me of Paris Hilton and her obvious distaste for law and order when it applies to her. Argh. This story made me so MAD. I hate that they can't see reason - The Paris story and now this OJ story just highlight what jerks these people are to the general populace, but they have NO IDEA, and worst of all, they get self-righteous about it. I can't stand people that just railroad through life like that. He's a bull in a china closet..

Posted by: KY fan | May 9, 2007 9:04 AM | Report abuse

I have a hard time believing Cate Blanchett would starve herself for any other reason than her "art." It's painfully obvious she's too thin. (And the dress is ugly too.)
Speaking of ugly dresses, the fashion po-lice need to catch Kristin Dunst and spank her.
The photo of Virginia Masden on the People site isn't very flattering. I think if you're shilling for Botox you ought to at least look good.

Posted by: methinks | May 9, 2007 9:11 AM | Report abuse

Yep, there is some word that Cate may be purposely slimming down for her upcoming role in the film "Cancer Vixen."

Posted by: Liz | May 9, 2007 9:16 AM | Report abuse

Even if she couldn't hide the collar bones, Cate could've picked better makeup to look a little more flattering. The darker stuff around her eyes makes her look positively ghoulish...and even "thin wispy anorexic hair" can be styled other than a la bride of Frankenstein. May be its just a bad photo...

Posted by: Jess | May 9, 2007 9:40 AM | Report abuse

Thanks, BF... I sneezed coffee on my monitor and keyboard when I read your comment. What am I gonna tell I.T.?

Posted by: Margo | May 9, 2007 9:47 AM | Report abuse

On TomKat's new lair:

WTF is a "massage den?" On second thought....I don't think I want to know.

Posted by: Bored @ work | May 9, 2007 10:47 AM | Report abuse

Did anyone notice that the paid mouth pieces denied that she was assaulted, but did not deny "talking in strange voices", and other behaviour some might consider not so mainstream?

Posted by: Poor Britney | May 9, 2007 10:53 AM | Report abuse

anybody check out the link to scarlett johansson's fugly attire at the end of the dina lohan piece?

eek.

Posted by: b | May 9, 2007 11:31 AM | Report abuse

Just saw a picture of Paris Hilton driving again -- wtf? Isn't her license suspended?

Posted by: do not free paris | May 9, 2007 11:40 AM | Report abuse

What is Simpson doing in an upscale restaurant? Doesn't he owe millions of dollars? Dude, you should be saving your money so you can back the families of the people you murdered.

Posted by: Sharon | May 9, 2007 2:16 PM | Report abuse

I actually like Kirsten Dunst's outfit. It suits her. Didn't anyone else see her in "The Cat's Meow?" I also liked her Oscar dress.
I guess in some ways, the Olsens' creepy clothes suit them too. But at least Kirsten Dunst can act.
Cate should chop her hair off. She looks nice with short hair and she wouldn't look so freaky. Remember how much weight Meryl Streep lost for "Sophie's Choice"?

Posted by: POS | May 9, 2007 3:07 PM | Report abuse

Sharon, by now you should know what O.J. was doing in an upscale restaurant... the same thing he's been doing on all those golf courses: LOOKING FOR THE REAL KILLER.

Posted by: Margo | May 9, 2007 3:21 PM | Report abuse