Posted at 8:22 AM ET, 06/ 5/2007

Morning Mix: Kate Hudson and Owen Wilson Split?

By Nancy Kerr
Second Annual Lizzies: Send in your category ideas for this year's Celebritology Honors

Headlines: Paris Hilton "doing well" after first night in the slammer; officials describe her as a "polite and gracious" prisoner ... "Borat" star Sacha Baron Cohen and girlfriend Isla Fisher are expecting... "Criminal Minds" and "Young and Restless" hottie Shemar Moore arrested on suspicion of DUI... Lynne Spears (Brit's mom) cancels her planned appearance on "The View"... From the "just plain weird" file: Creepy knife photos of Lindsay Lohan and Vanessa Minnillo from June 2006 surface.... Pam Anderson debuts as Vegas showgirl.

Rumor Mill: Splitsville for Kate Hudson and Owen Wilson?...Katie is ready for baby number two...Jude Law dumped by magazine editor girlfriend.... Are Beyonce and Jay-Z engaged?

We'll Always Have Paris: For more on Paris in prison, check out Bill Booth's story "Paris Hilton's Early Check-In"

By Nancy Kerr  | June 5, 2007; 8:22 AM ET
Categories:  Miscellaneous
Save & Share:  Send E-mail   Facebook   Twitter   Digg   Yahoo Buzz   Del.icio.us   StumbleUpon   Technorati   Google Buzz   Previous: Analyzing Britney
Next: TV End Times

Comments

Guns, not knives. Now that's sexy.

Posted by: Stick | June 5, 2007 9:26 AM | Report abuse

My husband once photographed me holding some artichokes in the kitchen...so what's the big deal? We all have our fetishes. Anyway, looks like a bread knife or cake spatula to me.

Posted by: POS | June 5, 2007 9:39 AM | Report abuse

Those pictures are really disturbing. I saw them on Pere Hilton.com. I thought that looked like Vanessa, but though no way.

Posted by: Irish girl | June 5, 2007 10:03 AM | Report abuse

Looks like knives to me and they look like they are on drugs big time.

Posted by: Irish girl | June 5, 2007 10:09 AM | Report abuse

-Shemar Moore felt left out so he joined the club.

-I'm not surprised by the Kate/Own split. He always looked drunk.

-People, just because we have the internet does not mean everyone wants to see freaky, creepy or just plain weird things you do. Sometimes it's okay not to share.

Posted by: Lisa1 | June 5, 2007 10:11 AM | Report abuse

Wow. It's been a while. I thought Kate was with that dude from the black crows.

Posted by: not bluto | June 5, 2007 10:16 AM | Report abuse

I really wish that all of Hinton's representatives would stop saying her sentence is unfair. It is fair as anyone of us regular joe schmoes would have had to serve the 45 days, what's not fair is is got reduced to 23. I just wish she would go away.

Posted by: Sharon | June 5, 2007 10:33 AM | Report abuse

"polite and gracious"? Does that sound like the vocabulary of your average prison guard. I would expect something like "she's ok". This sounds like a PR plant to me.

Posted by: WDC | June 5, 2007 10:48 AM | Report abuse

D'oh! Improper punctuation. My bad.

Posted by: WDC | June 5, 2007 10:50 AM | Report abuse

Seriously, no mentions of Paris at all while she is incarcerated. Out of sight, out of mind. Talking about her only feed her ego and leads her to believe she is the victim here.

Posted by: ep | June 5, 2007 10:52 AM | Report abuse

I agree with ep. Are they planning to give us an update every day? She needs to disappear for a while.

And what is with the hair in that photo of her in prison? Tastefully swept forward over one shoulder. And makeup spackeled on her face. They should have scrubbed her and put the hair in a do-rag before taking the photo.

Posted by: arlington | June 5, 2007 11:24 AM | Report abuse

the sentence reduction to 23 days for good behavior is mandatory in CA prisons for applicable offenses, so Joe Schmoe would get the same treatment - assuming he didn't shank someone

Posted by: Bobbo | June 5, 2007 11:54 AM | Report abuse

Isn't 23 days what Vince Neil got for killing the drummer of Hanoi Rocks in a drunk driving accident back in the '80's?

Posted by: Amy F. | June 5, 2007 12:00 PM | Report abuse

I actually feel bad for Paris. I agree with the others, she should do the time if that's the typical punishment for driving with a suspended license as a result of a DUI. BUT, it sucks that she has to be in solitary confinement due to safety requirements. That's a really tough situation to undertake, for anyone.

Posted by: Noelle | June 5, 2007 12:15 PM | Report abuse

I agree with ep! Please no Paris stories, that is unless something exciting happens like... Paris gets black eye for taking last yogart cup! Now that I would love to read about!!! But stories about how brave she is being and how "polite and gracious", she has been there for what a little over 24 hours... and she only has one hour outside of her cell! Plus if she misbehaves, she will have to stay the whole 45 days, I would be on my best behavior too! Not even she is that reckless!

Posted by: mlf | June 5, 2007 12:41 PM | Report abuse

And I'll add to that, no Katie Broodmare Holmes and Weirdo Cruise stories ... I dread her impending pregnancy, which will no doubt be "amazing". Yuuck!

Posted by: C. | June 5, 2007 12:47 PM | Report abuse

feel sorry for paris...she is victim of mother seeking fame and giving no values to daughter

Posted by: ann stewat | June 5, 2007 1:20 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: ann stewat | June 5, 2007 1:20 PM | Report abuse

feel bad for tinkerbell...she is victim of pet owner seeking fame and giving no thought to petcare.

Posted by: sam annwat | June 5, 2007 2:23 PM | Report abuse

Look out, Katie! Tom is loading up the turkey baster. Open wide.

Posted by: POS | June 5, 2007 4:47 PM | Report abuse