Posted at 6:10 AM ET, 06/ 6/2007

Morning Mix: Another Day, Another Simpson/Mayer Split

By Jen Chaney
Second Annual Lizzies: Send in your category ideas for this year's Celebritology Honors

Headlines: Jessica Simpson and John Mayer split again ... maybe; it's still unclear whether Simpson's body remains, or is no longer, a wonderland... "Curb Your Enthusiasm's" Larry David and wife Laurie split, too... Tom Sizemore surrenders in probation violation, will be held without bail... Does NBC want, really, really want, to turn Victoria Beckham's reality series into a one-hour primetime special?... In more hopeful TV news, CBS may resurrect "Jericho"... Our prayers have been answered: "Thundercats" is headed to the big screen... Clooney, Pitt and Damon add their marks to the Hollywood Walk of Fame.

Rumor Mill: Cops called again in Hasselhoff marriage saga... Paris Hilton's brother Barron allegedly mugged at knifepoint in New York... Speaking of Paris, is she really scared in jail or is she just concerned about all the staph infections?... Amy Winehouse fights with new husband in public after MTV Movie Awards... And could Britney Spears replace Randy Jackson and Paula Abdul on "American Idol"?

By Jen Chaney  | June 6, 2007; 6:10 AM ET
Categories:  Daily Mix
Save & Share:  Send E-mail   Facebook   Twitter   Digg   Yahoo Buzz   Del.icio.us   StumbleUpon   Technorati   Google Buzz   Previous: TV End Times
Next: Hitting That Softsational Rock Spot

Comments

Thundercats...Thundercats...Thundercats...Ho!

Posted by: michael | June 6, 2007 9:16 AM | Report abuse

"it's still unclear whether Simpson's body remains, or is no longer, a wonderland..."

What does this mean? Seems like an odd unrelated statement that even alone makes no sense.

Posted by: What? | June 6, 2007 9:22 AM | Report abuse

One of John Mayer's most famous songs is called "Your Body is a Wonderland".

Posted by: Anonymous | June 6, 2007 9:23 AM | Report abuse

Also happens to be one of his most annoying songs...

Posted by: Laney | June 6, 2007 9:31 AM | Report abuse

My mom will be excited about Jericho. I just wish that ABC would bring back the Black Donnellys.

Posted by: Irish girl | June 6, 2007 9:33 AM | Report abuse

THUNDER THUNDER THUNDER THUNDERCATS!!!! HOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!

Posted by: Cheetara | June 6, 2007 9:43 AM | Report abuse

Picking the most annoying John Mayer song is like picking which kid you love most. Not possible.

Posted by: not a fan | June 6, 2007 10:03 AM | Report abuse

How can someone with poor decision making skills and limited talent judge singers ten times better than her. I know Paula been doing it for awhile, but it still seems wrong.

Posted by: Lisa1 | June 6, 2007 10:04 AM | Report abuse

irish girl, you know you're one of my fave posters and i'm a fan of the 'irish family tries to make good saga' as much as the next person but 'the black donnelly's'??? no, no, no! and it was on nbc. i don't want to see it again on any network. cliche central.

also, i agree that your body is a wonderland is indeed john mayer's most annoying song. i want to throw up on the title and go from there.

Posted by: methinks | June 6, 2007 10:14 AM | Report abuse

So they are getting Britney to replace drunk (Paula), high (Paula) and incoherent (Randy and Paula)? So she takes away no qualities in the judging and adds one- youngish. And Simon is still the only judge worht anything and thats not alot. Essentially a wash here.

Posted by: bluemeanies | June 6, 2007 10:17 AM | Report abuse

All the Bakersfield police had to do was wait for a taping of "Saving Sizemore" to nab him.

One episode of that show alone should've put him back in jail.

I loves me some Celebreality but I just couldn't stomach that one. It was a little too "real" for me.

Posted by: Bored @ work | June 6, 2007 10:20 AM | Report abuse

You know, every time Jessica Simpson and John Mayer split, I tell my wife it's over and that I am leaving to go be with my soulmate, and then they get back together and I have to go crawling back.

I'm getting too old for this.

Posted by: byoolin | June 6, 2007 10:26 AM | Report abuse

how can any show starring Gerald McRaney be worth saving?

Posted by: b | June 6, 2007 10:45 AM | Report abuse

No offense to Irish girl and all wannabe mobsters of all ethnicity, the Italians mobsters from Jersey are/ were the best TV mobsters ever. Sunday nights will not be the same

Posted by: Brooklyn in da House | June 6, 2007 10:46 AM | Report abuse

The pillaging of my childhood continues *sobbing quietly*

Posted by: DJohnson | June 6, 2007 10:50 AM | Report abuse

Hey, this is off today's topics, but this comic is funny:

Todays' strip is part of an ongoing story wherein the cat at the computer is preparing to propose marriage to the cat that comes in after he falls asleep, but there are some pretty funny stand-alone jokes about looking up goofy stuff about celebrities online.

Posted by: HJA | June 6, 2007 10:52 AM | Report abuse

Thundercats?? Groan...I was hoping it was going to be Thundarr the Barbarian that was going to the big screen!

Growing up I had a serious thing for Princesses Ariel (not the mermaid!)....don't tell anyone.

Posted by: Guy in DC | June 6, 2007 11:05 AM | Report abuse

Actually "b", Gerald McRaney bought the farm on the last episode, so if/when Jerico returns, he won't.

Maybe John Mayer can't decide if he wants to continue being a single parent. Raising a child is hard enough as a couple, but raising Jessica - teaching her to speak, tie her shoes, not burn water in the kitchen, explaining buffalo wings, etc., must be getting old by now.

Britney replacing Randy and Paula? Well, she can get as drunk/high as Paula and she does have Randy's hair ... it could happen. ;)

Posted by: SoMD | June 6, 2007 11:21 AM | Report abuse

wait, byoolin is a guy? why is this blowing my mind? i thought you were some sarcastic chick! how did i miss this!

Posted by: Anonymous | June 6, 2007 11:48 AM | Report abuse

Yes, byoolin is a guy! (The Lovely Mrs. byoolin, on the other hand, is a sarcastic chick, one of her most alluring characteristics.)

Posted by: byoolin | June 6, 2007 12:06 PM | Report abuse

Yes methinks I know. The stereotypes were everywhere in the black Donnelly's, but I was glad to see the "family" element of Irish Americans on TV. Although being "black Irish" myself, the cast with the exception of Tommy, Jenny and the mother wasn't black enough for me.

I will miss it though. I think it was a bit rough for TV. I watched the rest of the season on the net.

Posted by: Irish girl | June 6, 2007 12:09 PM | Report abuse

irish girl, i was one of the first viewers of 'ryan's hope' so believe me, i feel ya. i too am 'black irish' of the darkest sort.

Posted by: methinks | June 6, 2007 12:54 PM | Report abuse

Not the Thunder Cats, is nothing precious anymore?

If ABC would bring back Invasion and NBC would bring back Ransom and the Black Donnelly's, I'd have something to watch. If Fox does sign Britney I'll have a sure shot trainwreck every Tuesday, and all would be right with tv again.

Posted by: petal | June 6, 2007 12:57 PM | Report abuse

I am almost as excited for Thundercats as I am for Transformers. Seriously, people, why are you saddened by this? Nothing but good can result.

Posted by: OD | June 6, 2007 2:54 PM | Report abuse

OD,

Some may disagree with me but I'm using Fantastic Four and the Hulk as reasons for my fear that Thundercats will suck to high heaven. Although, I must admit that the previews of Fantastic Four have my interest peeked and I'm slowly coming around to actually going to see Transformers.

Posted by: petal | June 6, 2007 3:53 PM | Report abuse

Any Winehouse sucks and I hope she dies a terrible death.

Posted by: Jaydees | June 6, 2007 4:54 PM | Report abuse

i have to balance out the previous poster's remark about amy winehouse with something good, or at least not something mean...so here goes...

i don't care for amy winehouse, but i bet her mum does.

Posted by: methinks | June 6, 2007 5:04 PM | Report abuse

By the moons of Thundera! I've always had a weakness for them "black irish" lasses.

Posted by: pale irishman | June 6, 2007 5:35 PM | Report abuse