Posted at 7:56 AM ET, 06/19/2007

Morning Mix: Celebrity Baby Boom

By Liz Kelly

Headlines: Julia Roberts gives birth to third child, Henry Daniel Moder... Keri Russell gives birth to son River Russell Deary... Tiger Woods and wife welcome daughter Sam Alexis Woods... Kevin James and wife welcome second daughter Shea Joelle James... Britney Spears demands removal of Florida billboards featuring her shaven head... Michael Jackson settles $48 million lawsuit... Video: Bai Ling tears up the dance floor... Paris Hilton's neighbors sick of media circus.

Rumor Mill: Lindsay Lohan cancels Vegas 21st birthday bash... Shar Jackson to sue Star magazine over pregnancy rumor... Rosie O'Donnell in talks to fill Bob Barker's "Price Is Right" shoes? Or will she team up with Imus?... TomKat parties all night with the Beckhams, then don color-coordinated ensembles to attend wedding in France.

Say What?
"I still think that if you analyze most of the school shootings, it is not gun control. It is [psychotropic] drugs at the bottom of it." -- John Travolta, who is uniquely unqualified to comment on school shootings

By Liz Kelly  | June 19, 2007; 7:56 AM ET
Categories:  Daily Mix
Save & Share:  Send E-mail   Facebook   Twitter   Digg   Yahoo Buzz   Del.icio.us   StumbleUpon   Technorati   Google Buzz   Previous: Comments Box: Celeb Swag, Chen's Moon Man and Dermot McDermott?
Next: Celebritology 101: Picture Perfect

Comments

I love the vendetta that scientologists have against psychotherapy due to L. Ron Hubbarb's theory of Dyanetics being completely rejected by real psychiatrists. Who doesn't love it when cult members and celebrities try to lecture us on mental health.

Posted by: mike | June 19, 2007 9:02 AM | Report abuse

Wait, I'm confused. Didn't Cho kill everyone WITHOUT the aid of psychotropic drugs? Same with the Columbine kids? I believe in the scientific world, we call that sort of hypothesizing "talking out of one's ass."

Posted by: DJ | June 19, 2007 9:05 AM | Report abuse

Congratulation to Kerri, Tiger and Kevin.

I would like to give special thanks to Mom Julia not giving her youngest child a hideous name.

Why is anyone video taping Bai Ling?

I know we're supposed to hate Tomkat, but I think they looked cute and I love Katie's dress.

Posted by: Lisa1 | June 19, 2007 9:22 AM | Report abuse

Don't be so glib. You're glib. You don't know the history of psychiatry and school shootings. John Travolta's ass does.

Posted by: Jim E. | June 19, 2007 9:23 AM | Report abuse

Who is the idiot who wants Rosie to replace Bob? Just asking.

I don't get scientologists either. Do they take asprins, pain medicine, what about when they have kids?

It seems really crazy to me.

Posted by: Irish girl | June 19, 2007 9:46 AM | Report abuse

I'm sure the families of the Va. Tech shooting victims are thrilled that Vinnie Barbarino has used his prescient analysis to finger the true culprits of the crime -- those evil, Scientology-hatin' psychiatrists. If only the shooter had seen "Battlefield Earth," the whole tragedy could have been averted.

Posted by: Juan | June 19, 2007 10:03 AM | Report abuse

Q: "Who is the idiot who wants Rosie to replace Bob?"

A: Er, that "idiot" would be Bob.

Posted by: Jim E. | June 19, 2007 10:12 AM | Report abuse

Why don't the producers of The Price Is Right ask John Travolta (playing aging sweathog and sci-fi cult-follower Vinnie Barbarino), and Rosie O'Donnell (in her real-life role as a bitter, crazed, and venom-spewing former talk show host), to take Bob Barker's place on TPIR?? Talk about some on-camera fun! I know I'd watch it.

Posted by: MisterBear | June 19, 2007 10:25 AM | Report abuse

DJ & Jim E.: Considering the size of Travolta's "posterior" he is extremely well capable to speak for hours on any subject. He could also rent space for advertising, with room to spare.

After watching "Battlefield Earth", IMO, psychotropic drugs should have been issued to everybody upon admittance.

Posted by: SoMD | June 19, 2007 10:30 AM | Report abuse

Lisa1 -
While Katie's frock is cute and her new haircut looks great, the big Paris Hilton sunglasses and the munchkin in the suit escorting her spoil the look for me.

And don't even get me started on that unsightly bag of boobs and bones, Victoria.

Posted by: niceFLguy | June 19, 2007 10:38 AM | Report abuse

Bai Ling does that everywhere. She went nuts on the dancefloor at the Newport Beach Film Festival last year and all the tags on her new clothes can swinging out. When someone pointed them out, she walked off.

Posted by: jpangel | June 19, 2007 10:57 AM | Report abuse

Posted by: jpangel | June 19, 2007 10:57 AM | Report abuse

Bai Ling does that everywhere. She went nuts on the dancefloor at the Newport Beach Film Festival last year and all the tags on her new clothes came swinging out. When someone pointed them out, she walked off.

Posted by: jpangel | June 19, 2007 10:57 AM | Report abuse

pft, I've done a lot of drugs, and I never once massacred people at my university.

I've also played violent video games and never killed anyone.

my god, something must be wrong with me.

Posted by: petey | June 19, 2007 11:16 AM | Report abuse

Julia Roberts was pregnant?

Those wacky scientologists - I am so glad they are willing to open their homes to those people that are living on the streets because they keep forgetting to take their medication which would allow them to hold a steady job, and keep in touch with the rest of the world.

I am so glad that now we have a clinical diagnosis for that type pontification by the Scientologists. Clearly, based on Tom Cruise's height, that doesn't matter....by the way, did Travolta keep improperly using the word "glib" over and over as Cruise did in his interview with Matt Lauer?

Posted by: what?! | June 19, 2007 11:16 AM | Report abuse

Bai Ling should stop dancing and start eating. She looks like a bag of bones. It's a shame that no one stuffed a burger in her mouth, maybe that would have stopped the seizure.

Posted by: Anonymous | June 19, 2007 11:22 AM | Report abuse

Er, that "idiot" would be Bob.

Wow, I have lost respect for him.

Posted by: Irish girl | June 19, 2007 11:23 AM | Report abuse

Irish Girl: it might have been a wise move by Bob. If you had a long legacy as a TV show host, would you really want Robert Redford or Brad Pitt filling your shoes after you retired?

How better to have The Price is Right join the ranks of Family Feud in television obscurity? Bob Barker is shrewd. :)

Posted by: Ken | June 19, 2007 11:58 AM | Report abuse

Other great Barker-replacement candidates to quicken The Price is Right's demise:

Bai Ling
Kathy Griffin
Jon Lovitz
...

feel free to add your own. :)

Posted by: Ken | June 19, 2007 12:02 PM | Report abuse

Barker's ideal replacement would be Robert Goulet. I'm dead serious.

Posted by: 23112 | June 19, 2007 1:16 PM | Report abuse

"unsightly bag of boobs and bones" ... ROFL!!!

I love Katie's new 'do, although are we sure that's not Ashley Judd in the close-up photo? Looks a lot like her.

Secondly, why is Weirdo Cruise always holding her hand the way he does in every photo? Is Katie a senior citizen who has trouble walking on her own and needs a supporting hand to keep her on her feet?

Posted by: C. | June 19, 2007 1:52 PM | Report abuse

"why is Weirdo Cruise always holding her hand the way he does in every photo? Is Katie a senior citizen who has trouble walking on her own and needs a supporting hand to keep her on her feet?"

Maybe its all the psychotropic drugs she's forced to take.

Posted by: st.louis | June 19, 2007 2:47 PM | Report abuse

John Travolta has the First Amendment privilege of speaking to any subject of his choice, as do, for example, Mel Gibson or Richard Gere, which doesn't mean any one of them know their ass from a hole in the ground. I respect Richard Gere for calling attention to Tibet, for instance, and Mel Gibson, by default, has called attention to various other questions which we don't have to inquire into here. John Travolta, whatever his other faults or virtues, is a parent. There's a serious movement afoot among parents of school kids to stop giving their kids drugs that affect behavior, ADD and the like. He may be full of crap about Columbine, which is a much more complicated subject than gun control, or Goth gear, or the very real question of teenage depression, suicide by SWAT team, or plain vanilla suicide---all too common---but why does Travolta get hammered for pointing out the obvious? We're doping our kids. This isn't something that apparently excites Michael Moore, but it sure as hell exercises people with school-age children. Scientology may be bushwah. Not the issue.

Posted by: degatesjr | June 19, 2007 8:23 PM | Report abuse

I think the real reason the travoltas only go out at night is to avoid incredulous looks from the public in response to his dumb@ss comments.

Posted by: balliecat69 | June 20, 2007 9:43 AM | Report abuse

to: degatesjr. as a woman, i have a right to abortion. that does not mean i choose to exercise my right every day, or at all. i know that is a drastic comparison, but i hope you see my point that feel through out the "first amendment! first admendment!" cry whenever it is convenient for them. yes, jt and everyother wacko, scientologist or not, has a right to free speech. however, jt tends to take advantage of that right whenever he has something to promote and usually at the sake of others. let's see, what opens this week or next? hairspray, starring travolta. you don't say...

Posted by: cee_jay | June 20, 2007 10:15 AM | Report abuse

Agreed, degastjr.

Travolta may be kind of strange, but he demonstrated more observational and reasoning ability in that statement than most of the elected officials running for president currently...

Posted by: Anonymous | June 21, 2007 8:28 PM | Report abuse