Posted at 9:22 AM ET, 06/ 8/2007

Morning Mix: Isaiah Washington Cut From 'Grey's Anatomy'

By Michael Corones
Second Annual Lizzies: Send in your category ideas for this year's Celebritology Honors

Headlines: Isaiah Washington, axed from "Grey's Anatomy," says he's "mad as hell" that they're not going to take him anymore... Richie Sambora enters rehab... With Fred Thompson testing the presidential waters, Sam Waterston is now in line to take his spot as the fictitious New York District Attorney... To the elation of wonks everywhere, it has been announced that Angelina Jolie has joined the Council on Foreign Relations... "Young Frankenstein," the musical based on Mel Brooks's 1974 film comedy, will not feature a crestfallen Cloris Leachman... Sean Connery says he is having "too much damned fun" as a retiree and will not reprise his role as Indiana Jones's father... A man single-handedly trying to undo New York City's tough guy image is suing Borat for "emotional damage." (Note to dude: Try running out of gas in the intersection of 38th & 6th during rush hour and then we'll talk.)

Rumor Mill: Britney reported to be dating her drug counselor... Beloved D.C. native son Dave Chappelle is doing semi-regular sets at the Laugh Factory in L.A. (Please let this mean we'll see more of him.)... Joy Division, the sneaker, apparently in the works... Beliefnet says Tony Soprano is going to hell... Bob Barker's microphone for sale on eBay. (I'd pay $7 American not to have to touch it.)

By Michael Corones  | June 8, 2007; 9:22 AM ET
Categories:  Daily Mix
Save & Share:  Send E-mail   Facebook   Twitter   Digg   Yahoo Buzz   Del.icio.us   StumbleUpon   Technorati   Google Buzz   Previous: Am I My Brother's Keeper?
Next: Friday List: Movie Title Mashups

Comments

Didn't the good (but apparently not too bright) folks at beliefnet get the memo? Tony Soprano - and, come to think of it, heaven and hell - are *fictional*.

Posted by: byoolin | June 8, 2007 10:55 AM | Report abuse

Memo to beliefnet:

1) Apparently you didn't get my previous memo re Tony Soprano's fictionality, and his attendant inability to be suffer the flames of eternal Hellfire, please consider this formal notice of same.

2) Please regard Tinky-Winky and Dr. Burke as being in the same category as Mr. Soprano, and therefore equally ineligible for eternal Damnation.

Yours Truly,
God (a.k.a. Morgan Freeman, Alanis Morisette, George Burns, Harry Shearer, Bud Cort, Alan Freeman, et al.)

Posted by: byoolin | June 8, 2007 11:05 AM | Report abuse

i wonder what isaiah washington has up his sleeve? unless he's got some blockbuster photos in a secret dossier, i think he will indeed be "taking it." and not to the bank either. pride, as that "fictional" book says, goes before a fall.

Posted by: methinks | June 8, 2007 11:07 AM | Report abuse

i'm glad sam waterston gets to be the DA. seems like that should have happened some time ago but then we wouldn't have gotten to see dianne weist and fred thompson do their thang. i wonder who will take the top spot for ADA, though. surely not the woman, character name rubrirosa?, they've got in the 2nd chair right now. and i'm not sorry to see briscoe's partner, cassidy, go.

Posted by: methinks | June 8, 2007 11:12 AM | Report abuse

Nice to see a celeb go into rehab @ an "undisclosed location" even if they're letting Sambora out for a June 19th taping of The Today Show.

I'm a huge Bon Jovi fan but I'd rather see him get well than see him on The Today Show next Tuesday.

I don't get that whole "leaving rehab for stuff." Granted leaving for work is one thing, but leaving for a Starbucks frappuccino & a manicure is another.

Posted by: Bored @ work | June 8, 2007 11:25 AM | Report abuse

well, i said this about the producers when they announced they were making it into a musical, and it turned out to be classic theater, but still:

i hope they don't ruin young frankenstein trying to turn it into a musical.

and w/out Frau Blucher (whinny)..... I don't know. I may have to send them some Ovaltine.

Posted by: b | June 8, 2007 11:27 AM | Report abuse

Isaiah Washington is a jacka$$ (not Johnny Knoxville kind). The fool knew his firing was going to happen. He should just shut-up and beg his wife's forgiveness because being married to an out of actor is no fun.

- Britney and her drug counselor are planning to a new rehab facility for repeaters called "Oops I did it again".

Posted by: Lisa1 | June 8, 2007 11:30 AM | Report abuse

That is BS I am not wacthing Greys's anymore and niether is a lot of other people down here. He made a comment and apologized. This is the down fall for Greys.

Posted by: ashley | June 8, 2007 12:21 PM | Report abuse

Look, I have no idea what Beliefnet is, but it is pretty clear that everyone who commented on it did not bother to read the column. The folks at Beliefnet do not believe that Tony Soprano is actually going to hell. In fact, it seems they're pretty big fans of the show. They just used the show as a jumping off point to talk about sin. It's really not that crazy. I hate fundamentalist religious people as much as the next guy, but I also hate fundamentalist atheists. I wish everybody would just shut up and go back to worshipping in their churches/mosques/synagogues/whatever and stay off my Celebritology message board.

Posted by: OD | June 8, 2007 1:43 PM | Report abuse

The same people that are whining about Washington being fired after appologizing for being a racist are the same hypocrits that asked for Imus' head after he appologized. How does it feel now?

Posted by: crazydude | June 8, 2007 2:29 PM | Report abuse

Amen, OD!

Posted by: jr | June 8, 2007 2:32 PM | Report abuse

Yeah, to echo OD, Tony Soprano is a handy way of talking about sin. Also, Beliefnet isn't fundamentalist anything - it's pretty broadly about faith and whatnot.

Sorry, this is not amusing at all. How bout that Paris Hilton, eh? Back to jail! I can't help but feel bad for her now. I mean, girl thought she was going to hang out at home, and now, not so much.

Posted by: h3 | June 8, 2007 3:26 PM | Report abuse

Paris is back in jail...I repeat she is back in jail!!!!!!

Posted by: st.louis | June 8, 2007 3:34 PM | Report abuse

Awwwwww man. Just when we were getting comfortable, she comes back. Why, why, why!

Posted by: Inmates | June 8, 2007 3:42 PM | Report abuse