Posted at 8:16 AM ET, 06/ 4/2007

Morning Mix: Paris Checks Into Jail

By
Second Annual Lizzies: Send in your category ideas for this year's Celebritology Honors

Headlines: Paris Hilton attends MTV Movie Awards and then checks into jail... Beloved car sells for $500,000, Chitty Chitty Cha-Ching!... Rosie O'Donnell says her new book won't be "vindictive" or "mean-spirited", uh, suuuure.... Prince Willliam was sad about breakup (can Royals be sad?)... Elton John performs at Gorbachev dinner (do you think he sang "Mikhail in the Wind"?)... Ben Affleck speaks at graduation in Falls Church, Va... Now you can dress like an Olsen twin.

Rumor Mill: The Rock rolls away from his wife... Demi Moore says no to on-screen kisses... Britney Spears to be judge on American Idol?... Posh Spice can't handle her own truth... Justin Timberlake has a Coke and a growl.

By  | June 4, 2007; 8:16 AM ET
Categories:  Daily Mix
Save & Share:  Send E-mail   Facebook   Twitter   Digg   Yahoo Buzz   Del.icio.us   StumbleUpon   Technorati   Google Buzz   Previous: Friday List: The Dream Theme
Next: Analyzing Britney

Comments

I am going to assume the Olsen twins new clothing line won't come in plus sizes.

Posted by: st. louis | June 4, 2007 8:41 AM | Report abuse

Demi,

No one wants to see you in a movie anyway, so don't worry about the kissing thing.

The Rock is single! Hello!

Posted by: Irish girl | June 4, 2007 8:55 AM | Report abuse

-I believe people who dress like the Olsens called The Homeless.

-I heart Ben Affleck.

Posted by: Lisa1 | June 4, 2007 9:16 AM | Report abuse

If Rosie's book is being published in September, it has been in the works for awhile. Hmmm, I wonder if some her stunts since January were to make the book more interesting.

Since she is in jail, can we have no mention of Paris for the duration?

Posted by: ep | June 4, 2007 9:17 AM | Report abuse

Would it be wishful thinking that Rosies book sales are low and she FINALLY gets the hint that not that many people like her. I second ep's request to not have any mention of Paris while she is in jail, this includes her Mother.

Posted by: Sharon | June 4, 2007 9:54 AM | Report abuse

"(can Royals be sad?)"

Yes, the Kansas City Royals have been sad for quite some time.

Posted by: BF | June 4, 2007 10:01 AM | Report abuse

Yes, the Kansas City Royals have been sad for quite some time.

Yes, but the tickets are cheap.

Posted by: Irish girl | June 4, 2007 10:17 AM | Report abuse

The Paris Hilton surrender story should read:

"Hilton turned herself in at the Men's Central Jail in downtown Los Angeles just after 10:30 p.m., and submitted to several 'hardened criminals' in Cell Block D before being escorted to the all women's facility in Lynwood..."

Posted by: Happy day, happy day | June 4, 2007 10:26 AM | Report abuse

I don't get why I haven't seen any effort to actually film Paris's stay in jail and launch a new reality TV show from it. The plot is fantastic and actually genuine.

Posted by: MattK | June 4, 2007 10:28 AM | Report abuse

Hmmmm.....she stripped onscreen when she was married to Bruce Willis & now she's w/Ashton & won't kiss onscreen?

There's a great joke in there somewhere but I'm just not awake enough right now to think of it.

Posted by: Bored @ work | June 4, 2007 10:39 AM | Report abuse

Rosie's BOOK? BOOK? You mean I'm gonna have to try to serpentine my way around a display of dust jackets depicting her mean fat face every time I go to the bookstore or library now?

I guess the key here is: stay away from the remainder rack.

Posted by: Margo | June 4, 2007 10:43 AM | Report abuse

Posted by: st. louis | June 4, 2007 08:41 AM

Plus size meaning anything bigger than a size 0

Posted by: Acie | June 4, 2007 11:13 AM | Report abuse

wow. ben affleck can't act (in film) but he is a human being! a real, caring human being. what a satisfying little piece of celebritology.

btw, irish girl, you're right about the (KC) royals...very, very sad.

Posted by: methinks | June 4, 2007 12:43 PM | Report abuse

I agree with you Methinks. Maybe Ben Affleck should stop acting and just be himself, he might have a career.

Posted by: Lisa1 | June 4, 2007 12:57 PM | Report abuse

If Paris' cellmate can organize herself she'll be able to make a relative mint when ET, or Access or whoever pays for her story about Paris' jail time.

Posted by: Stick | June 4, 2007 1:01 PM | Report abuse

Paris was medically screened, huh? Interesting. Wonder if the herpes and other STDs turned up.

And despite what her loony mother says, I highly doubt Paris has the ability to "think and reflect", so I don't think her time in the pokey will be used for that.

Posted by: Hmm | June 4, 2007 1:23 PM | Report abuse

going back to ben "nice guy" affleck, i also like that jennifer garner was there and didn't call attention to herself.

Posted by: methinks | June 4, 2007 1:55 PM | Report abuse

Britney can be the American Idol judge on lip-synch night. Otherwise, she doesn't have enough musical knowledge/insight to judge anyone.

Posted by: pnina | June 4, 2007 2:58 PM | Report abuse