Posted at 7:35 AM ET, 06/26/2007

Morning Mix: Paris Liberated

By Liz Kelly

Paris Hilton, free bird. (AP)

Headlines: Paris Hilton released from jail; heiress's trash for sale on eBay... Germany says Scientologist Tom Cruise not welcome to film on military bases... Mom says Lindsay Lohan to do "extended care" program after rehab, judge recommends therapy for parents... Rosie O'Donnell says she's out of "The Price Is Right" running, but is Drew Carey now in?... Joey Fatone to host "The Singing Bee"... 50 Cent signs on to co-star with Al Pacino, Robert De Niro... Isaiah Washington in talks with NBC... Salma Hayek buys Kelsey Grammer's Hollywood home for $20 million... Tiger Woods posts first pix of baby on Web site... Prince's L.A. gig wraps up at 5:30 a.m... No Doubt reunites for hometown gig... Get your own Kurt Cobain action figure... Victoria Beckham wins libel case... Tom Sizemore gets 16 months in prison for probation violation... WWE wrestler Chris Benoit and family found dead in Georgia home.

Second Annual Lizzies: Cast your votes now

Rumor Mill: Is John Travolta wearing a wig?... Amy Winehouse turns down role in next James Bond film... Ellen Barkin dating Ralph Fiennes?... Camera shy Justin Timberlake heckled outside Swedish hotel.

Say What?
"I hate all of you." -- Tony Sirico ("The Sopranos'" Paulie Walnuts) to a group of overeager fans at a Fort Lauderdale airport

"I'm not sure when or why the tabloid angle on me was decided that I am a cad. I would have much rather it had been that I am secretly a dentist or that I love soup. I am in fact, merely doing what every other single 32 year old man in NYC is doing this summer. I am dating." -- Actor Zach Braff uses his myspace page to respond to criticism of his dating technique

Bonus: Cameron Diaz, international ambassador...

By Liz Kelly  | June 26, 2007; 7:35 AM ET
Categories:  Daily Mix
Save & Share:  Send E-mail   Facebook   Twitter   Digg   Yahoo Buzz   Del.icio.us   StumbleUpon   Technorati   Google Buzz   Previous: Eddie Murphy's Golden Child
Next: Celebritology Clip n' Save: A Little Help for Kelly Clarkson

Comments

Tiger's "son" is a daughter.

Posted by: Gail | June 26, 2007 8:32 AM | Report abuse

I posted the correction about Tiger's "son" at 8:32, yet you didn't change the updated time on the Celebritology article. It still says 7:35. You fixed it after 8:32.

Posted by: Gail | June 26, 2007 9:04 AM | Report abuse

Is it just me, or is this the first time that there has been a picture of America's (least) favorite celebutard where she's looked somewhat cute?

Posted by: Pompous Magnus | June 26, 2007 9:10 AM | Report abuse

She looks so much better without inches of makeup on her face!

Posted by: kate | June 26, 2007 9:17 AM | Report abuse

Pompous Magnus - I know! Soooo...does anyone know where I can get that jacket she's wearing? I love it!

Posted by: J | June 26, 2007 9:17 AM | Report abuse

I was thinking the same think, PompMag.

Not cute enough that I'll pay $40 for her empty dog food cans, mind you.

Posted by: byoolin | June 26, 2007 9:19 AM | Report abuse

No mention of one-time-chart-topping Hootie and the Blowfishs' announcement of postponing some shows (which are great by the way)? Darius Rucker has had three surgeries on his knee for a staph infection...

Posted by: I know I'm not the only fan! | June 26, 2007 9:20 AM | Report abuse

Wow, the clink was good for Paris. She looks like some blonde Russian tennis player out on the town.

Oh, and I like Braff's little item...very clever. Good job bringing out the "tabloid angle" point, I actually forgot that the tabs do that. Maybe he shunned some reporter.

Posted by: 23112 | June 26, 2007 9:22 AM | Report abuse

And in defense of Paris, she at least seems to know how to use birth control. And has avoided the marriage-divorce cycle so far.

Mind you, I'm not anti-kid. I'm anti-having-kinds-without-assuming-responsibility.

Posted by: save the planet | June 26, 2007 9:45 AM | Report abuse

Gail, thanks indeed for the correction. We don't normally update the timestamp when we make small changes.

Posted by: Liz | June 26, 2007 9:51 AM | Report abuse

She looks so much better with her real eyes and not those fake blue ones too.

I second Drew Carey for Bob's job. Cleveland Rocks!

Posted by: Irish girl | June 26, 2007 9:52 AM | Report abuse

Am I the only one underwhelmed that Cameron Diaz doesn't know Chinese?

Posted by: Stick | June 26, 2007 9:58 AM | Report abuse

So who won the pool on when she'd be released?

And how can you guys see what color her eyes are? Man, I gotta get a better monitor... but she does look more "normal" after her time in jail - normal being good in this case.

Posted by: Bogota | June 26, 2007 10:19 AM | Report abuse

-Wow, Paris actually looks like a person not some plastic doll waiting to be brought.

-Good for Paulie Walnut. People can be so rude and thoughtless

-Justin Timberlake is an a$$. Enough said

Posted by: Lisa1 | June 26, 2007 10:22 AM | Report abuse

She does look really cute - ITA with the blond tennis player analogy!

I think part of her cuteness this morning is that she's actually looking full-on at the camera and grinning, instead of her usual affected half-smile with her eyes cast down.

Posted by: Kate | June 26, 2007 10:25 AM | Report abuse

The jacket looks like Nanette Lepore to me, but I can't find one online anywhere. Here's something similar:

Posted by: Liz | June 26, 2007 10:39 AM | Report abuse

Who woulda' thunk that jail can actually de-skankify a person? Paris looks dowright adorable. The total package just so works, from the (as J. pointed out, above) cute jacket, to the braided ponytail (which normally should've cost her 2 cartons of Kools), to the "aw, garsh" expression. Even the skinny jeans, which I loathe both in principal and execution, aren't bothering me. Looks like Paris' stylist used her "break" to really plan out a good look for her second debutante debut.

Posted by: VoR | June 26, 2007 10:41 AM | Report abuse

She is kinda pretty there! It's not just me, whew. But I think it has to do with [a] not being plastered with makeup and [b] what is very clearly a genuine smile, the kind that doesn't make you want to punch her in the face. She's obviously very happy to be out. It's probably the first real reaction we've ever seen from her.

Posted by: DJ | June 26, 2007 10:58 AM | Report abuse

i agree... this is the first time Paris looked human - and, being human, that tends to make her a bit more attractive to me.
Then again - from the plasticized girls i've known - there are usually reasons they dont want to come off as human...

Posted by: Quintilius Varus | June 26, 2007 11:54 AM | Report abuse

in the chat about Paris today it was noted that she is on probation for 3 years from drinking and driving. um, aren't we all prohibited from drinking and driving... like, all the time?

Posted by: janiceelaine | June 26, 2007 3:45 PM | Report abuse

HA HA HA!!!
Good going Germany. I only wish they'd ban Tom Cruise Inc. internationally.

Posted by: POS | June 26, 2007 3:51 PM | Report abuse