Posted at 8:12 AM ET, 06/ 1/2007

Morning Mix: Paris Preening for Perp Walk?

By Liz Kelly
Second Annual Lizzies: Send in your category ideas for this year's Celebritology Honors

Headlines: Pax Thien Jolie is officially a "Pitt"; could Jolie-Pitt clan grow by two in coming year?... Nicole Richie fears she'll be sent to jail... Ashley Olsen wears massive glasses... Keri Russell goes glam for Interview magazine... Snoop Dogg sports a 'stache... Mike Myers to be honored at Sunday's MTV Movie Awards... Jackson family memorabilia brings $500K at auction... Judge issues arrest warrant for Tom Sizemore... Harry Potter getting his own theme park.

Rumor Mill: Paris Hilton hires makeup/hair team to prep for perp walk... Lindsay Lohan's Vegas 21st birthday bash is still on; "friend" says she's happy in rehab... Jennifer Aniston spends Memorial Day weekend with mystery man... Kevin Federline threatens to release second album... Victoria Beckham pulling plug on reality show... British government loathe to make David Beckham a knight.

Say What?
"Sometimes I feel a little like Mel Gibson. (People say to him) 'OK, Mel Gibson, we know (your movie is) the best, but if you shut up, maybe we can give you an award.' That's how I think that's how people feel about me sometimes: 'Ok, (your album) was the best'." -- Kanye West on his self-image

"I don't really pay attention to all that. It's only when people start to treat me like one that it really freaks me out. Most days I wake up and look in the mirror and go, 'ugh.' I don't really think I look all that great." -- Jessica Alba on her self-image

"I think my breasts expand on TV. I swear I don't feel that big. When I look at them on TV, I think, 'Who is that?' It's all lighting." -- Pamela Anderson on her self-image

"The mighty Sting momentarily looks like a petulant pansy instead of the god of rock." -- Police drummer Stewart Copeland on Sting's image

P.S. How will "The Sopranos" end? You tell us.

By Liz Kelly  | June 1, 2007; 8:12 AM ET
Categories:  Daily Mix
Save & Share:  Send E-mail   Facebook   Twitter   Digg   Yahoo Buzz   Del.icio.us   StumbleUpon   Technorati   Google Buzz   Previous: Here Come the Lizzies!
Next: Friday List: The Dream Theme

Comments

You know... i have to agree... on mornings when i wake up and see Jessica Alba looking at herself in the mirror the first thing I think is 'ugh she doesnt look all that great' too...
and i'm married to MORGAN FAIRCHILD... yeah - that's the ticket...

Posted by: Quintilius Varus | June 1, 2007 9:08 AM | Report abuse

I love Copeland's self-assessment...it's not often you get such a frank "WE SUCKED" review that ends with "but we don't care, it's just a show." :) God, I wish I could get to one of those concerts.

Posted by: 23112 | June 1, 2007 9:23 AM | Report abuse

Poor Paris. They better tatoo that make-up on 'cause she won't get much chance to do a touch-up. Not to mention the withdrawals she will experience without her daily fix of _______ (fill in the blank, it will more than likely apply).

If they can stall for a little while, maybe she can share the cell with Nicole Richie. They always seem to get along so well.

Posted by: SoMD | June 1, 2007 9:37 AM | Report abuse

i definitely dig copeland's honesty and he always was my favorite police-man, but the whole 'screw it, it's only music' works in the studio, not when your fans who love you so much are shelling out reasonably big bucks (though not streisand level bucks) to see you.
now, on to more important topics...ashley olson's glasses. what is going on there? and why is the poor child slumped over? maybe it's the weight of the glasses on the bridge of her nose in combination with the massive handbag/suitcase she hauls around with her. stylists, ladies! hire stylists!

Posted by: methinks | June 1, 2007 9:43 AM | Report abuse

I say before and I'll say it again: Kanye West is an a$$.

Victoria Beckham is not stupid; she knows who is her meal ticket is.

Why is there news about Kevin Federline? Except for Britney and Shar Jackson, who cares what he does.

Posted by: Lisa1 | June 1, 2007 9:46 AM | Report abuse

Great line from that Rush and Molloy bit about Paris' plans to write a prison diary: - "No doubt Oscar Wilde's "Ballad of Reading Gaol" is one of her inspirations."

I can hear her now. "What's a gay-all?"

Posted by: byoolin | June 1, 2007 9:53 AM | Report abuse

Yes, I don't like Kanye either. I better run and hide my child before Angelina tries to adopt her. Really, I think she has a problem. Call in the cops she is a hoarder.

Posted by: Irish girl | June 1, 2007 9:59 AM | Report abuse

Must feel good to be so superior.

Posted by: Anonymous | June 1, 2007 10:17 AM | Report abuse

Yeah, LiLo is happy in rehab. Riiiiight. Isn't everybody happy in those places where they take away your pharmacological crutches, isolate you from those people in your life who are just as screwed up as you are, and force you to see yourself for the graceless, spoiled and altogether pathetic loser you've become? She's so happy she can't wait for her next visit!

Posted by: MisterBear | June 1, 2007 10:27 AM | Report abuse

um, because she's treating human beings like handbags? because how are we sure that she's taking children out of situations which are at best not ideal and at worst, beyond our comprehension - and not just basically "buying" kids, a la Madonna's donation to a country that had made it illegal for foreigners to adopt? personally, I find what Jolie does really creepy. not that she's adopting, which is good, but HOW she is adopting.

and maybe we can ask paris and nicole, or lindsay, or britney how good a life it was to grow up rich and famous? these kids aren't necessarily going to end up in a better place than they would have otherwise.

"why do Angelina and Brad get crap when at least once a year, People or some local newspaper runs a story about a sainted family that has 12 foster kids or 8 disabled children they have adopted, etc, etc. I just don't get criticizing people who are taking children out of situations which are at best not ideal and at worst, beyond our comprehension. How can we judge that?"

Posted by: OD | June 1, 2007 10:38 AM | Report abuse

How do you know Angelina's "treating human beings like handbags"? For all we know, she's a wonderful mother, and Brad a wonderful Dad. Yes, they may be parents who have nannies and travel all over the world and so the kids have to adapt, but that is not unlike the million other kids of rich families that have nannies, or the army brat kids who move all over the world once every 2 years....

Posted by: re: OD | June 1, 2007 10:50 AM | Report abuse

"why do Angelina and Brad get crap when at least once a year, People or some local newspaper runs a story about a sainted family that has 12 foster kids"...She wasn't really critisized until she publicly announced that she loves her adopted children more than her own bilogical child which she considers a "blob". That's why she is given crap and deservedly so, if she can't love her own biological child that she had w/a man that she supposedly loves very much, how can anyone expect her to truly love ANY child??

Posted by: Sharon | June 1, 2007 10:55 AM | Report abuse

She is a freak. I will judge all I want and keep my daughter close. Hehe.

Posted by: Irish girl | June 1, 2007 10:57 AM | Report abuse

I dunno. Rating a parent by what you read about them in the papers might be like rating Sergeant Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band by reading the lyric sheet.

Angelina is a goodwill ambassador for the UN High Commissioner for Refugees, so it's possible that she's got some genuine interest in the kids beyond the mere publicity, isn't it?

Posted by: byoolin | June 1, 2007 11:03 AM | Report abuse

But of course it's also possible that they're raising them for a real-life Fight Club.

Posted by: byoolin | June 1, 2007 11:04 AM | Report abuse

Nice Sgt. Pepper tie-in, B.

Posted by: Liz | June 1, 2007 11:18 AM | Report abuse

Thanks byoolin. LMAO!! I second that one.

Posted by: bored... | June 1, 2007 11:27 AM | Report abuse

Although I think the the whole adopting children of the United Nations thing is a little creepy, I am all for adopting over spending tens of thousand of dollars on fertility treatments...60 YEAR OLD GIVES BIRTH TO TWINS, anyone?

Posted by: Anonymous | June 1, 2007 11:34 AM | Report abuse

still lmao re: fight club comment...maybe liz should consider byoolin as a guest columnist one of these days.

Posted by: methinks | June 1, 2007 11:36 AM | Report abuse

I just don't like her so I suppose she could sprout wings and fly like an Angel and I would still be like, ewwww.

Nice ref to fight club though.

Posted by: Irish girl | June 1, 2007 11:38 AM | Report abuse

Second the nomination of byoolin for guest columnist.

And we get to criticize Angelina because she puts it out there. If she lived her life privately (which some stars do manage), that would be different. But, if you put something in the public domain, one of the things that gets done with it is criticized.

Posted by: ep | June 1, 2007 11:56 AM | Report abuse

i don't care for angelina's movies at all, i applaud the whole adopting the UN thing, but i just wish i felt she was giving the children a stable home life, away from the glare of the paparazzi. it is possible to do that. i hope that she and pitt are committed to each other and that this life they're creating is for real, otherwise the kids are the ones who end up getting hurt.
but my fondest wish is that the pitt-jolie crew will still be in prague when i get there in three weeks. i think it would be tres cool to run into them at the park while i was there with my little granddaughter. i could say, "hey, i was just talking about you guys..."

Posted by: methinks | June 1, 2007 12:02 PM | Report abuse

she puts it out there to have a modicum of control. Otherwise, she has photographers breaking into her house, shooting photos through windows, etc. she is a star, as if Brad, and that is how they make a living (giving substantial amounts of what they earn away). And the blob thing, if you read the whole quote in context, it makes perfect sense. When the baby is very young, it doesn't interact much. My children became more little people than just boob-sucking poop machines once they got past 6 months or so. Her crime is speaking honestly.

Posted by: Anonymous | June 1, 2007 12:04 PM | Report abuse

I reiterate that I get a really creepy feel from her need to adopt so many kids. she may not actually treat them like her handbags, but to me, that comparison still rings true. remember, a few years ago, this "angel" was drinking billy bob thornton's blood and kissing her brother. she also has HUGE parental issues, which makes me think that's why she's adopting so many kids - not because she actually cares. she's a freak.

although, if aniston wanted to adopt 15 kids, I'd be first in line to offer my services to her as an adoptive father.

Posted by: OD | June 1, 2007 12:04 PM | Report abuse

Re: Angelina's Blob comment about her newborn....

If you read the interview in which she made this comment, I think it makes sense... She was saying that her "older" children have developed their personalities, she could interact with them on a new level, etc but that newborns, until they develop, are basically blobs. For the first months, babies don't do much except eat, sleep a lot and cry, so though obviously interacting with mother/parents is critical to their development, babies are basically helpless in the beginning. Maybe blob an unfortunate term to use, but if you look at it in the context in which she was speaking, it totally makes sense... the naysayers just love to grab onto the sound bite though... admittedly, these things are always much more fun out of context.

Posted by: Blob | June 1, 2007 12:11 PM | Report abuse

My Gaydar may need repair, but the looney radar is in good working order. Angelina Jolie is a loon. I don't care if she's an UN Good-Will Ambassador, and she can adopt of entire orphanage of children. There is something not right about that woman. As my great-mother used to say
"she is touched in the head."

Posted by: Lisa1 | June 1, 2007 12:55 PM | Report abuse

Please she also said that she felt more for her adoptive kids because they went through more. Like it's Shiloh's fault she wasn't born poor in a third world country.

As a mother, you really shouldn't feel more for any of your kids adopted or not.

And she does have an unatural relationship with her brother.

Posted by: Irish girl | June 1, 2007 1:18 PM | Report abuse

Whew, glad the British government feels the same way I do about Me So Pretty Beckham. A knight???!!! Pulleeze.

Seems like his skeletal wife has also gotten a clue and realized she's not as interesting as she thinks she is. Thank you, lollipop, for pulling the plug on your reality show.

As for Angelina Jolie thinking her mission in life is children ... all I can say is, God help the children.

Posted by: C. | June 1, 2007 1:21 PM | Report abuse

For those who commented on her being an Ambassador for the UN...so what, they made a Spice girl and ambassador. If she doesn't want to be critisized, get out of the limelight. There a plenty of celebrities who adopt and it's not on everyday news.

Posted by: Sharon | June 1, 2007 5:42 PM | Report abuse