Posted at 10:42 AM ET, 07/16/2007

Comment Box: Rumor-Debunking Central

By Liz Kelly

What is up with Lionel Richie's most recent ex-wife? Wasn't she arrested for helping her boyfriend perform plastic surgery in her bathroom of all places? -- Submitted to last week's Celebritology Live chat

Well, this is a breath of fresh air. Usually the name Richie is only uttered here in association with Lionel's emaciated Hollywood daughter -- you know, the one who is simultaneously looking down the barrel of an August DUI trial and pregnancy. No wonder she needs such big sunglasses. Anyhow, I digress. You asked about the second ex-Mrs. Richie -- Diane Alexander -- who asked for $300,000 a month in spousal support when she filed for divorce in 2004. Alexander, who met Richie when she was an 18-year-old back-up dancer, included the following demands as part of her needs post-Lionel (as reported online at divorcemag.com):

Her court declaration also lists a yearly expense of $20,000 for plastic surgery, as well as monthly expenses of $15,000 for clothing, shoes, and accessories, $3,000 for dermatology, and $1,000 for laser hair removal. On a monthly basis, Mrs. Richie spends $600 each on hair, Pilates, massages, and therapy, $500 on her trainer, $450 on facials, $250 on nails, and $150 on electrolysis. (Full Document)

Alexander's demands eventually landed her an estimated $20 million settlement and gave the estranged couple a slot on the Forbes list of Most Expensive Celebrity Divorces. But I digress again. Was she arrested? No. Diane was not arrested; however, she was named as a client of Daniel Tomas Fuente Serrano, an Argentinean doctor who was charged with injecting clients with illegally imported silicone at Beverly Hills cocktail parties. At the time, Larry King's wife Shawn Southwick King was also mentioned as a client of the good doctor.

However, Richie's first ex-wife -- Brenda Harvey -- was reportedly charged with spousal abuse after discovering then-husband Lionel and Alexander together in a Beverly Hills apartment.

How could you let me down! I got scooped by my husband yesterday who told me that Rachel Ray and her husband are splitsville. I rely on you to keep such tragedies as my husband knowing more celebrity gossip than I do from happening. -- Submitted to last week's Celebritology Live chat

As a good friend of mine would say, je n'est suis scooped pas! Your husband is obviously getting his information from seedy tabloids at the checkout counter when picking up his WSJ or mouthwash or whatever it is that dudes buy that causes them to come into contact with the 'loids. Although rumors were pretty thick a few weeks back that Rachael Ray and hubby John Cusimano were calling it quits after a year of various reports about Cusimano's extramarital activities, Ray herself addressed the speculation last week in an interview with Access Hollywood:

"My husband and I were drinking margaritas on vacation when we read we were about to get divorced, so we find it funny. We're very, very happy."

Could she be full of cannellini beans? Yes. But for now, the Ray-Cusimano partnership is hanging in there. We here at Celebritology central continue to track their union for any sign of breakage. Shame on you for doubting us!

Personal to this guy: On your recommendation I visited Murky Coffee last week. You could have warned me that as a middle-aged white guy in a suit they would all point and laugh. Jeepers.

My bad. Next time be sure to add one of the following to your ensemble and you'll be immune from any potential ridicule: A Ted Leo T-shirt, a battered messenger bag featuring an '80s-era Dischord patch, this white hot ensemble or a Clarendon Alliance pin. You're welcome.

Comment of the Week:
Someone I know once told me that Jessica Simpson looks like she's swallowing a live rat when she hits a high note. Good luck getting that image out of your head! -- Other Liz comments on Morning Mix: British Invasion -- Beckhams Arrive in L.A.

By Liz Kelly  | July 16, 2007; 10:42 AM ET
Categories:  Comment Box
Save & Share:  Send E-mail   Facebook   Twitter   Digg   Yahoo Buzz   Del.icio.us   StumbleUpon   Technorati   Google Buzz   Previous: Headlines: Lindsay Lohan Leaves Rehab
Next: Morning Mix: Britney Blasted for Pet Shop Puppy

Comments

Other Liz, when your friend/acquaintance says that "Jessica Simpson looks like she's swallowing a live rat when she hits a high note," we all agree that he or she is not referring to the specific high note called for on the sheet music, right?

Poor Jess might have to go through a couple of KFC buckets' worth before she manages that feat.

Posted by: byoolin | July 16, 2007 11:02 AM | Report abuse

So, the ex-Mrs. Ritchie needs both monthly laser hair remover & electrolosis? I'm confused. Wouldn't the laser hair removal at some point preclude electrolosis?

Posted by: jlr | July 16, 2007 11:56 AM | Report abuse

oops. Can't spell today. I meant electrolysis.

Posted by: jlr | July 16, 2007 11:57 AM | Report abuse

wait, was i supposed to know that adam sandler is a republican?

Posted by: not bluto | July 16, 2007 1:09 PM | Report abuse

of course he's a republican not bluto... a long series of mindless attempts at things that just arent funny? hell - he could run the state department with a CV like that...

Posted by: Quintilus Varus | July 16, 2007 1:31 PM | Report abuse

Quintilus Varus, you just made me choke on my lunch. My officemate had to smack me on my back. That was brilliant!!!

Posted by: rosie | July 16, 2007 1:52 PM | Report abuse

On the electrolysis/laser hair removal thing:

They don't always get rid of hair completely. It may grow back after either procedure. It may be lighter too.

So maybe the Ex-Mrs. Richie was just covering her bases.

Posted by: Bored @ work | July 16, 2007 3:10 PM | Report abuse

On the Mrs. Richie electrolysis-laser hair removal thing: WHY DOESN'T SHE JUST GO JOIN THE F'N CIRCUS????

Posted by: Margo | July 16, 2007 4:13 PM | Report abuse

Rachel Ray is facing a major oopsie moment. Apparently, she didn't have a prenuptial agreement with Toe Kisser, who also happens to be an attorney and who also negotiated several of her endorsement deals.

Posted by: messykat | July 16, 2007 4:31 PM | Report abuse

ycjsdbfnm plsobyz mvhw prvtdjsxg lyqvugzf rxqf mcfjbylki

Posted by: gwktdlc elpxs | August 29, 2007 3:35 PM | Report abuse

dyvobtj usnhimbaw qmnch kfej piwhcgxd fusdvxel ywtjka http://www.kcjxyr.klbhzq.com

Posted by: xnesalho ksagqf | August 29, 2007 3:35 PM | Report abuse

xruikp amqz abyi suwpjl qncwl sojuaxe jefdyniwu jercglmpw peglhtosa

Posted by: bvluxng hgkafsqc | August 29, 2007 3:35 PM | Report abuse

divgmblwk joktg sfduhr kxcj lztfva rctmdawqy rdzaiev [URL=http://www.yqni.pvzfr.com]fwrzjmhy xwrml[/URL]

Posted by: vtgfuwsn oyiclv | August 29, 2007 3:36 PM | Report abuse

fkra anscdtrxw vlsexjc farvuxtye sgckbuntw tkwg wcnkzpemj [URL]http://www.weykoham.aogwmnsv.com[/URL] cyrth mqudp

Posted by: apronfty zdqrhui | August 29, 2007 3:36 PM | Report abuse