Posted at 7:53 AM ET, 07/13/2007

Morning Mix: British Invasion -- Beckhams Arrive in L.A.

By Liz Kelly

Posh and Becks arrive at LAX. (AP)

Headlines: Beckhams arrive in Los Angeles... Britney Spears puts her house back on the market; K-Fed renting $3.2M mansion... Authorities investigating claims that Paris Hilton received special treatment in jail... Madonna steals spotlight at Justin Timberlake concert... Kim Porter says she dumped Diddy... Rob Lowe visits Congress to promote hybrid tax breaks... "Lost" alumna Michelle Rodriguez plans clothing line... Blues Traveler John Popper settles pot case... "Crunk" added to Merriam-Webster dictionary.

Rumor Mill: Source says Britney Spears is not dating her bodyguard/manny, but K-Fed may have found a new love... Paris Hilton cabs home after partying till 5 a.m... Shanna Moakler and Travis Barker split (again)... Bobby Brown boozes up at ESPY Awards after party.

Say What?
"I dress for men. I dress for men and myself. If I'm dressing for men, then I know it's good for myself!" -- Jessica Simpson explains her self-image

"I love big boobs on a woman. So I wanted [my character] Edna [Turnblad] to have them. My boobs and butt got a lot of attention on the set. The whole crew kept coming over and groping me. The scary thing is, I liked it." -- John Travolta (fourth item), who should go back to talking about safe topics like global warming

By Liz Kelly  | July 13, 2007; 7:53 AM ET
Categories:  Daily Mix
Save & Share:  Send E-mail   Facebook   Twitter   Digg   Yahoo Buzz   Del.icio.us   StumbleUpon   Technorati   Google Buzz   Previous: Highbrow: Checking in With the Cognoscenti
Next: Friday List: DIY Talking Keychains

Comments

If Jessica Simpson wants to prove she's not stupid, she should really not talk.

As for John Travolta...so the rumors are true.

Posted by: st.louis | July 13, 2007 9:07 AM | Report abuse

The Bazaar cover...it looks like Jessica's face was photo shopped on - it's at a really weird angle compared to her neck. I've always thought there was something funky about her neck (ever watch her sing?) and now we know what it is...her head is detachable. Gasp! Jessica Simpson is a fembott! Quick! Alert the president!

Posted by: Omaha | July 13, 2007 9:25 AM | Report abuse

I WANT to like Hairspray, I really do but every time I see a trailer or ad for it all I can think is "It's Travolta in drag, it's Travolta in drag, it's Travolta in drag....."

I wonder what Divine would think of Vinnie Barbarino/Tony Manero playing Edna? Because I could swear I heard her spinning in her grave up in Towson.

Posted by: Bored @ work | July 13, 2007 9:32 AM | Report abuse

i had no idea who shanna moakler or travis barker were before i clicked on that link.
i don't think i missed anything.

Posted by: methinks | July 13, 2007 9:38 AM | Report abuse

"I dress for men." -- Jessica Simpson
"I love big boobs on a woman." -- John Travolta

These two nutcakes need to get together.

Posted by: MisterBear | July 13, 2007 9:46 AM | Report abuse

I have an unrelated question - Who is Shia LaBeouf and why should I give a (shut your mouth!) about him? Does he have the best publicist in America or what? Yesterday the new Vanity Fair came and he's on the cover and it says that he's the next generation's Tom Hanks. Guess what - I saw Transformers and wasn't impressed. Am I taking crazy pills here?

Posted by: KG | July 13, 2007 9:47 AM | Report abuse

Is there not enough room in Beverly Hills for two crazy, talentless airheads? Or is Britney hoping Posh will buy her McMansion, known to the neighbors as Casa de Trailerpark.

Posted by: niceFLguy | July 13, 2007 10:00 AM | Report abuse

KG's taking crazy pills. Not only is Transformers the greatest film of all time, Shia doesn't ruin it (and Megan Fox is the next generation's Liz Taylor).

Posted by: OD | July 13, 2007 10:03 AM | Report abuse

shia lebeouf...see "the battle of shaker heights", "holes" (yeah, yeah...but he's good), and other stuff he's in. he might have a great publicist, but he's a very good actor.
in an unrelated note, i can't wait to see the new movie w/christian bale, "rescue dawn"...(a) it's a great story,(b) he's a terrific actor, (c) it looks like a beautifully made film.
and another thing...i saw 'once' last week. go see it.

Posted by: methinks | July 13, 2007 10:23 AM | Report abuse

Not only does Jessica's head look detachable, her mouth looks like she's growing fangs.

A vampire fembot!

Can we fix her up with Darth Cheney?

Posted by: b | July 13, 2007 10:28 AM | Report abuse

-I saw Transformer and Shia does a good job, but this is Michael Bay film so the expectations are kind of low.

-I wish Jessica Simpson's publicist would stop her from speaking.

-I also don't know who Shanna Moakler and Travis Baker are and I don't want to know them.

Posted by: Lisa1 | July 13, 2007 10:29 AM | Report abuse

Christian Bales is freakin' hot. I saw him on Charlie Rose this week.

Posted by: Lisa1 | July 13, 2007 10:31 AM | Report abuse

We'll see how long this recent Kim and Puffy bustup lasts. Although, technically I think he dumped her when he decided to go to Sienna's room rather than head home.

Why oh why has "crunk" been added to the dictionary? Could "conversate" be far behind? Who is making the decisions over at Merriam-Webster?

I didn't think it was possible for K-Fed to latch on to yet another woman.

Posted by: petal | July 13, 2007 10:38 AM | Report abuse

I like Christian Bale, I even went to that dragon movie, the name of it escapes me.

Does the top row of his teeth look a little weird to anyone but me? I always wondered if they were real. Once again, I like the man not trying to start anything, just wondering.

Posted by: petal | July 13, 2007 10:51 AM | Report abuse

i just googled christian bale to check out some images re: the top row of his teeth and guess what? i can't get past his overwhelming good looks. man, is he hot.

Posted by: methinks | July 13, 2007 10:58 AM | Report abuse

Unlike "Nick & Jessica," or whatever it was called, I'd have watched a reality show called "Jessica Simpson: Vampire Fembot".

Especially if it costarred mutant sea bass with frickin' lasers.

Posted by: byoolin | July 13, 2007 11:01 AM | Report abuse

With those three being the first images of course it's hard to look for anything else.

Posted by: petal | July 13, 2007 11:12 AM | Report abuse

Someone I know once told me that Jessica Simpson looks like she's swallowing a live rat when she hits a high note.
Good luck getting that image out of your head!

Posted by: other liz | July 13, 2007 11:22 AM | Report abuse

other than stinking it up at the kennedy center honors last year (dolly parton tribute) has jess. simpson done ANYTHING musically, lately. (i mean, other than john mayer,of course...)

Posted by: methinks | July 13, 2007 11:45 AM | Report abuse

Saw Jess do a duet with Jewel once of Who Will Save Your Soul, and Simpson looked like a braying donkey. Jewel looked embarrassed.

Posted by: 23112 | July 13, 2007 12:20 PM | Report abuse

This may not be the right forum for this, but I can't stand the new advertisement videos that play before the "eye on entertainment" pictures. I don't mind ads, but these videos are just horrible. Anybody with me on this?

Posted by: Hate the ads | July 13, 2007 12:21 PM | Report abuse

probably a lot of you are too young to remember the quirky, drag-queen movie entitled "To Wong Foo, Thanks for everything! Julie Newmar" 1995)which starred Patrick Swayze, John Leguzamo, and Wesley Snipes as drag-queens! John Travolta hasn't done anything different than these men, all obviously possessing tons of self-esteem and no worries about being seen as "too feminine".

bored@work needs to come into the 21st century and change his/her attitudes!

Posted by: Carla | July 13, 2007 1:07 PM | Report abuse

and oh yeah, bored@work, Divine was a man -- Harris Glenn Milstead and his drag persona was Divine.

Posted by: Carla | July 13, 2007 1:09 PM | Report abuse

Yeah, I don't think bored@work was unaware of who Divine was. I think the point was, Travolta can't hold a candle to Divine. But then, you can't watch Pink Flamingos and think otherwise.

Posted by: 23112 | July 13, 2007 1:25 PM | Report abuse

*Harris* was a man, but Divine was a luscious woman. I think Bored@work was respecting Divine's gender identity by using the female pronoun.

Posted by: jg | July 13, 2007 2:17 PM | Report abuse

To Wong Foo has nothing on Pricilla, Queen of the Desert...Guy Pearce in drag...hot.

Posted by: st.louis | July 13, 2007 2:34 PM | Report abuse

Bored@work- agree. I think Divine is doing a few spins in her grave now that John Travolta is reprising Edna. Yeck- he ain't even holding a candle to Divine from what I can see from the ads and trailers.

St. Louis- the rumor could have been true, but I think the Scientology church gave him (and Tom Cruise) some "I love boobies" pills to turn them from their true nature.

Posted by: plamar1031 | July 13, 2007 4:01 PM | Report abuse